8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Step By Step DIY Clear Headlights

49K views 77 replies 41 participants last post by  sunnyside 
#1 ·
Ok well, i guess the first thing is to go buy some sealant i bought my from ace hardware or just get some that is clear and flexiable.

2nd thing : remove all the plastic clips from under the bumper and the 2 goldish bolts then romove the 2 screws (one on each side of the bumper by the tires)

3rd thing : pop your hood and romove the plastic cover over the front grill
then you see to allens screws and romove those

4th thing: time to romove you bumper (make sure you have something down on the floor so you don't scratch it) start removing you bumper from 1 side then the other side then the middle it seemed easy that way

5th thing : go preheat your oven to 275

6th thing : ok well, now time to remove you headlights there are 5 10mm bolts holding them in. start with the bolts on the bottom of the head light and on the side then remove the black metal bar around them. ok time to take out the last 2 bolts then pull your headlight out and unplug everything and then remove the bulbs

7th thing : put the headlight down on a cloth or something and flip it over so you see the back side. see the 4 silver screws well, remove those and place them aside for later

8th thing : go put you headlight in the oven for 6 mins at 275 and make sure to watch it and not leave it in there to long that would be bad

9th thing : have 4 common screw drivers ready for you. and start pushing it in under the black plastic towards the top where the driving light is and then work you way around but do the area where the turn signal is last. then just pull apart SLOWLY!!!

10th thing : ok on the lense part of the headlight there are 2 screws that need to be taken out then just remove the chorme and orange plastic then put back the chorme peice and screw it in

11th thing : make sure you use a razor blade to cut out and of that black **** around the lense and housing then that sealent i told you to buy put it on the the housing and slowly put you lense back on the housing

12th thing: those 4 silver screws that you took out ealier well put thoise back in and then let the head light dry for however long it says on the sealent (you might have to use clamps to hold some of the headlight together if you want i didn't need to tho)

13th thing : repeat steps 6th-12th

14th thing : put your bumper back on the same way you took it off

15th thing : shut your hood and step back and look at what you did :SHOCKED:

IF YOU BREAK YOUR HEADLIGHTS, BUMPER , SCREWS OR ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THIS DIY PROJECT IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOU JUST WASN'T SKILLED ENOUGH TO TRY THIS.

If anyone seen something i might of missed please post and if you do this please post before and after pictures i wanna see what this looks like on different colors of si

See less See more
#5 ·
For all you people that don't wanna do this. These headlights were the easliest ones i have ever did and i have done this to my old ep3 and about 4 96-00 civic and also a 94 civic and everything popped back into place with no trouble sooo if you are think you can do this more then likely you can get it done. it doesn't take a highly skilled person to try this and get it to look as good as mine

#12 ·
damn!!! this is the mod i was waiting for, but i wont attempt it without pics in the DIY, just to hard without having done it before.

GJ though.

If any of you guys who plan on doing this DIY could take pics along the way and post them, i would be greatful indeed.

#19 ·
Tiznonay said:
isnt there another part you have to download or something? Cuz i downloaded it and it only shows how to preheat the oven (good, cuz I didnt know!) and removing a few screws from the headlight... then it ends...
The file should be a touch over 800 megs and has a lot more to it than that, your download likely ended prematurely or you didn't let it finish unzipping before you played it.

#22 ·
kaotik1982 said:
anyone in so. cal area that has done there headlights? if so, im looking for someone that will do them for me because i dont want to **** my lights up.
haha im with you there! anyone in norcal ever done this to their headlights? i dont wanna f*** up my headlights either! or does anyone know of a place that would do it for me? sorry but i stay away from any DIY mods that have evn the smallest risk of messing up BAD!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.