8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY-Ebay Fogs Wiring..

107K views 269 replies 124 participants last post by  Tattoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok now those of you who bought these from ebay tried using the available instructions for wiring up these fogs but as soon as you took one look at the supplied harness you were like WTF...

Well believe it or not, the installation procedure is quite easy. I would say simpler than the oem. Well this is wat your harness should look like..

This is the fog harness..

This is the switch harness.

Now on the switch harness, you see a 4 pin connector with one wire(gray connector, red wire), now you need to switch the pin to the opposite end.. unless of course you want the foglights to only come on while reversing:biggrin:

Now that you did this, you might want to mount your switch if you havent done so. The green plug is for the switch. The one wire with brown plug, connects to another brown connector right next to the clutch pedal. This has an inline fuse and is what powers the foglights. The ground can be connected where you please, as long as its a good contact. Now the longer/thicker red cable needs to go on a constant 12v. I chose a blue cable on the blue connector on the fuse box. I had to remove the connector on it and strip it, then I put a dab of solder just to keep it in place. This should take care of the wiring inside. Verify that the switch lights up when you turn on the parking lights, then verify that you hear the solenoid click when you press the switch to turn it on.

Now lets move on to the foglight harness.. This is pretty straight forward. The harness pretty much plugs in. Just make sure that the ground and the white plug are on the passenger side. Now, the connector that is on the red cable needs to be removed, this is as simple as getting a mini flathead or a nail and sticking it in the hole to lift that little tab(you'll know when you look inside), now you dont need to ad anything, the spade connector will plug into the brown one. Might want to add some tape though to cover it up. BTW theres no need to remove the washer reservoir. Now as for the ground, there are some ground points right next to the reservoir, just follow the harness thats there and just add the ground there. Once you have this done the wiring should be complete. The lights should work perfectly and should turn on if you have the the parking lights on...

See less See more
#6 ·
With the gray 4 pin connector with one red wire that you said had to be moved to the opposite end; do you just rip it out and plug it into the other hole?
Also the red cable that needs to go on a constant 12v. Could you elaborate on how you did this as well?

#8 ·
The 4 pin connector goes to where the 6 pin connector would plug in to. And yea, you just remove the cable and plug it on the opposite end..

The power cable is just like I said above. IF you have the instructions for the oem kit, you'll see a layout of the fuse box, and you'll see 3 big plugs that are color coded. The blue plug is the power plug, I chose the blue wire from there to tap the 12v source. Now so far I have not had anyeffect at all by using this wire to tap for the 12v, but feel free to either find your own tap if you aren't too sure about using that cable.

#11 ·
mrheeee said:
so you ended up buying that kit right?

if you have problems, i can try to help as well
if your talking to me.....yeah i did....Where in Westchester are you located? Reading the OEM install IMO doesnt do jack as far as helping install the eBay fogs. Im kinda lost on our mans instructions thus far but as of late this is the best one so far lol

#15 ·
i'm stuck. i followed every step but now i'm confused about the constant 12v. i have one harness left that is connected to a provided 12v relay. what do i do from there? my harness does provide a single thick red wire. there is however a thick red wire in the harness i mentioned that is connected to the relay. help anyone?

#16 ·
Why does evey gowd damm kit have to be differant?, mine has a blue passthrough plug and one red wire for 12v and the brown that goes to the fog lights???

I think this is a conspericy that honda drempt up, honda is the ones making all of these crappy kits and under cutting themselves... you know so you would toss this stuff in the trash and buy the oem one for 5X more...

But really, that connector that you need to relocate, you cant just yank it out and move it... there is a backwards faceing prong that holds it in the connector, you need to incert a micro screwdriver, bobby-pin, paperclip or razor blade in there to depress the prond before you tug on it, utherwise it will bend back on it self and fall out of the hole that you now want it to be in.

#17 ·
crazi3 said:
i'm stuck. i followed every step but now i'm confused about the constant 12v. i have one harness left that is connected to a provided 12v relay. what do i do from there? my harness does provide a single thick red wire. there is however a thick red wire in the harness i mentioned that is connected to the relay. help anyone?

above the fuses there should be three plugs, the white one has a 12volt pin not being used, its under the brown wire, this part is from the oem instructions.

#19 ·
Rocket Man said:
on the 4-pin connector with the red wire, I managed to break the pin when I was trying to take it out. Does anyone know where I can get an identical pin? I've searched the local electronics and autoparts stores with no luck.

any help would be appreciated.
better (simpler) solution would be if anyone has a spare 4-pin connector as shown above, I'd be willing to buy it. Preferably, the wire would have already been located because, apparently, I suck at it :laughing:

#20 ·
...The one wire with brown plug, connects to another brown connector right next to the clutch pedal...

...now you dont need to ad anything, the spade connector will plug into the brown one. Might want to add some tape though to cover it up.
Here you mention that the wire with the brown conector( which is the white wire as picture on ur first post) plugs into the brown connector next to the clutch, but on the next paragraph you mention about another brown connector. what is that? I thought there is only one brown connector/plug??

also, you guys are stll adding an extra fuse to the fuse panel fuse holder number 6 right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.