8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY Oem Fog Lights with Parking Lights/ 06si

217K views 438 replies 196 participants last post by  Toxickaos7 
#1 ·
DIY for having your OEM Fog Light come on with your Parking Lights. While having use of the Oem switch.

First remove the fog light fuse. #6.

Now locate the blue 6 pin connector on your fuse box. If you installed your fogs you remember this. you dont have to disconnect.

Now find the red/black wire on there. should be the first one on the top row. This will be your 12v source that will activate your relay with the parking lights.

Now tap that wire. heres a few pics of the, but there kind of f'ed up.

Now locate the connector on the back of your oem switch and tap the purple wire. This will be your negative feed to activate your relay.

Now pull down your relay box, and pull off the relay. This was a pain in the ass to get off that hook, but it comes off you just got to use some elbow. Heres a few pics of it. Notice how the wires are in a "T" shape. The top of the "T" the red/white wire is the 12v source that activates the relay and the blue wire is the negative wire that also activates the relay.

Now cut the wires at the top of the "T" leave some room to strip the wires.

And the wires striped.

Now crimp some ends on the wires that you taped earlier. I used red for the positive and blue for the negative.

Now crimp those to the relay box wires. Red to red/white and blue to blue

And thats it. put your relay back in and click it back in its place. and put your fuse back in clean up some wires and injoy.

Before

After

:vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec:

See less See more
#8 ·
Nice job man. I never thought that relay was coming off. Now I just have to figure out what to use on my 07. but I think I just need to find the wire that activates the relay when I turn the fog light's on from the turn signal stalk.
P.S. I have JDM fog light BULBS. lol

#10 ·
Ok so If I get foglights they wont come on with just my parking lights on?
Wich means they will only come on when headlightd turned on or is this just a conveniance thing?

#14 ·
jric1308 said:
2 questions about this:
1) Is the harness the same as a sedan? So will I be able to use these instructions and get the same results?
2) Do you still get the fog indicator on the dash?
im not sure about the sedan harness. and i do get the fog indicator on the dash, but only when the headlights are on. still working on gettin them to come on with the parking lights.

#18 ·
How come I never saw this thread? I had been asking this question since June of 2006!!! OMG, I gave up.....looks like I'll be outside looking at this on my lunch break!!!!

+rep!!! Thanks for the DIY