8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY Oem Fog Lights with Parking Lights/ 06si

217K views 438 replies 196 participants last post by  Toxickaos7 
#1 ·
DIY for having your OEM Fog Light come on with your Parking Lights. While having use of the Oem switch.

First remove the fog light fuse. #6.

Now locate the blue 6 pin connector on your fuse box. If you installed your fogs you remember this. you dont have to disconnect.

Now find the red/black wire on there. should be the first one on the top row. This will be your 12v source that will activate your relay with the parking lights.

Now tap that wire. heres a few pics of the, but there kind of f'ed up.

Now locate the connector on the back of your oem switch and tap the purple wire. This will be your negative feed to activate your relay.

Now pull down your relay box, and pull off the relay. This was a pain in the ass to get off that hook, but it comes off you just got to use some elbow. Heres a few pics of it. Notice how the wires are in a "T" shape. The top of the "T" the red/white wire is the 12v source that activates the relay and the blue wire is the negative wire that also activates the relay.

Now cut the wires at the top of the "T" leave some room to strip the wires.

And the wires striped.

Now crimp some ends on the wires that you taped earlier. I used red for the positive and blue for the negative.

Now crimp those to the relay box wires. Red to red/white and blue to blue

And thats it. put your relay back in and click it back in its place. and put your fuse back in clean up some wires and injoy.

Before

After

:vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec: :vtec:

See less See more
#384 ·
this is a great write up man and i want to do this so bad i love the look of fogs with no headlights i think it would look great with my 3k hids too but i'm no good when it comes to electrical....i kind of get how to do it but i'm too scared i'll end up with no fogs if i try it. i did my own hids u think if i can do those i can do this?

#388 ·
BBBB____ UU_____UU__MMM________ MMM__ PPPP
BB_BB___ UU_____UU__MM_M_______M MM__ PP_ PP
BB__ BB__UU_____UU__MM_ M_____ M_MM___PP__ PP
BB_BB___ UU_____UU__MM__M____ M_ MM___PP_ PP
BBBB____ UU_____UU__MM__ M___ M__MM___PPPP
BB_BB___ UU____ UU__MM___ M__M___MM___PP
BB__ BB__UU____ UU__MM____M_M___ MM___PP
BB_ BB____UU___UU__ MM____ MM____MM___PP
BBBB_______UUUU____MM___________ MM___PP

SUPAH BUMP :spinning:

#390 ·
let me get this straight.

First tap red/black which is the positive black wire taped with red.
Second tap purple which is the negative black wire taped with blue.

Next cut the red/white wire and strip it, then connect the black wire taped with red to it.

Then cut the blue wire and strip it, then connect the black wire taped with blue to it.

does this sound right? please let me know...also i need to always turn off the foglights correct? so it doesnt flashes every time i lock or unlock? i have HID on my fogs and wouldnt want FFFF anything up.

#400 ·
ebay fogs and relay

my relay is shot and i am curious if this particular relay from ebay will work.

The original relay is YLE YL-388-s.

This is the new one i am looking to replace it with.

Car Auto Truck 12V DC Coil NO 40A Contact Air Conditioner Power Relay | eBay

Anybody else have any opinions, or had the same problem?

This fog light kit is from ebay.

Also, can I snip off the wires and just hook it up to a different relay box?

Someone said you can snip off the wires and skip the relay completely as long as there is a fuse holder.

Any info would be helpful.

#402 ·
this is cool i like this a lot. i bought some k2 fogs off ebay and i love em they r great quality, but i really dont care for the switch. looking into it tho u can do a factory switch but u gotta do the factory harness and relay then too, wich means some rewiring and fogs would only work with headlights. if i do a factory switch i am definately doing this.

#403 ·
Nice! I just got those too (after 2 different sets of OEM fogs, different cars) and they're good quality and everything but the fitment for me isn't right. I had an 08 sedan, and I had the oem fogs wired up and did the 09 conversion. the 09 fogs plugged in right to the oem stuff I had from the 08 kit.

Okay, my point is that I'm returning the fogs, purchased the 09 OEM kit (my now 3rd, insane) and I'm going to have all the stock wiring FS, as I won't need it. LMK if your interested :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.