8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY: Retrofit Foglights

41K views 69 replies 53 participants last post by  pandora 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my DIY for retrofit foglights. I am using es300 fogs for the retrofit and they’re going into a pair of 09 sedan fogs. There are different techniques to retro fogs so you can use this as guide.

Things you’ll need:
- Civic fogs
- projector fogs
- cutting tool
- jb weld
- gloves
- epoxy
- paint

1. Start by removing the glass from the original foglights. I used a hammer to smash the glass and then used pliers to remove the small bits that were left.

2. Time to cut. Mark off where you want to cut with a marker. Starting cutting away at the housing but remember not to cut the adjustment arm. I started off with a dremel to cut the housing but the metal was too thick. I switched over to a grinder and it went a lot quicker.
3.Test fit the projectors to see if you need to cut more of the housing

4. Cover the fog lenses with some painters tape before you start the adhesive part.

5. Now we need to stick the two fogs together. I dabbed jb weld on the outside of the housing and inside of the housing to make it stick. I let it dry overnight but I don’t think you need to wait that long

6.Now to fill up inside of the housing to give a better hold and for a better finish. I used two clamps to hold the foglight upright. Mix together some 5 minute epoxy and pour it into the shallow sides of the fog. This part is messy, wear some gloves

7. Once all dried, move onto paint. Scratch up the eposed area with sandpaper and spray whichever color you want. I went with flat black. Remove the painters tape and install lexan lenses. There is a diy on here to replace your crack lenses with lexan ones. Once all of that is done, assemble your foglights back together and put them on your car. Enjoy

See less See more
#24 ·
I'd like to know too. I just ordered the OEM fogs kit from eBay. I'd like to maybe do these when the lenses inevitably break. I also couldn't really find where to buy them. Found some retrofit guides for them and people charging for retrofiring but no places straight up selling them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.