8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Wiring up "Eagle Eye" Led Tail lights

67K views 79 replies 36 participants last post by  jjlebron 
#1 ·
Since I have put in my Eagle Eye LED Tails I have gotten a couple request's on how I wired them up.

So I thought this might help you guys who are trying to do it and having problems.

I did this after they were in so I am not going to go through the whole procedure on how to install them, that is posted elsewhere.

You should have them installed before you try to wire them though as the lights use the ground bolts instead of the wires in the plugs to ground and they may not work right until they are grounded.

Once you have them in you will use the side marker Bulb and Socket and the Reverse Bulb and socket and plug those into the according holes.

This is where it gets tricky.

You will be left with two plugs, the Brake/Tail light Plug which is the Brown one and the Turn Signal Plug which is the Gray one.

Remove the bulbs from these and put the plugs from the Eagle Eyes in the Bulb Socket.

They have to go in a certain way to work right.

Here's some pics showing how they go.

Notice where the relationship to the tab on the plug and the wires are.

If you get it backwards they will not work right.

(left side)

(right side)

(right side Turn Signal plug)

(Showing taped up Ballast)

I just taped up what I assume is a ballasted of some kind to stop it from flopping around.

Hope this helps

See less See more
#5 ·
Supposedly it uses the mounting bolts for a ground.

Also I just realized I should have some pictures of the actual plug into the socket.
I will see if I can take them apart and take some if some one is still having trouble hooking them up right.

#27 ·
I had mine installed this morning, thanks for the DIY!!

Do you guys have any fitment issues? The bottom-inner part of both lights are bulging out. And it seems like there's a bigger gap between the trunk and the lights, compared to OEM. I'll try to take pictures.

Overall, I like it. But I wouldn't spend more than what I did for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.