8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY: Install guide for OEM fogs...

377K views 1K replies 354 participants last post by  mj112588 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm only just now becomming active on this site, so forgive me if this is late, or already done... I wrote this up in mid January, and posted it on a few other sites (HT, etc.) but I noticed I never posted it here. So hope this helps some of you wanting to do the OEM fog install yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for all of you with 06 Civics who plan on getting the fogs but would prefer to do it yourself on the install (I'm sure the labor quote isn't a pretty one). Note: This guide is based on an Si, and may be slightly different for other trims, I'm not sure. If you have any questions, please refer to the instruction manual provided with the kit.

Feel free to ask any questions or for more in depth detail on any step. And if you have any other suggestions or comments to add please post them up as well! Hope you find this helpful. Oh yea, please excuse the dirty car! :)

Disclaimer: These are the pics I took of nearly almost every step while following the provided installation guide. These pics are not a substitute for the actual installation instructions and should not be treated as such. They are only for a visual tool to aid and assist you in your installation. I am not responsible if you mess up along the way. :D

There are 30 pics in all.

EDIT: The following img is looking up under the dash while lying on your back. The fuse box would be to the right and the center console to the left from this view.

The end!

See less See more
#10 ·
Okay, I did a stupid mistake and put the White/Red wire where the Blue wire is suppose to go. It is locked in and I can't get it back out. I tried prying it out with a tiny screwdriver but no cigar. Is there anyway to remove the White and Red connector out of the plastic harness without destroying it? I tried for 2 hours and counld't get it out. Once it locks in those things aren't coming out. I was thinking of cutting the wire and switching the wires but the Blue wire is a thinner gauge than the red and white and I don't want to have any problems. Any help would be appreciated.

#11 ·
Tom1222 said:
Okay, I did a stupid mistake and put the White/Red wire where the Blue wire is suppose to go. It is locked in and I can't get it back out. I tried prying it out with a tiny screwdriver but no cigar. Is there anyway to remove the White and Red connector out of the plastic harness without destroying it? I tried for 2 hours and counld't get it out. Once it locks in those things aren't coming out. I was thinking of cutting the wire and switching the wires but the Blue wire is a thinner gauge than the red and white and I don't want to have any problems. Any help would be appreciated.
there is a tool called a pin extractor: http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&cp=2032058.2032231.2032286&parentPage=family

They come in various sizes diameters, so im not positive that this certian one will work but you can find other sizes out there on the net.

#12 ·
Thanks for the tip. I did finally yank that sucker out of there without damage and got my fogs installed. I did break the round knob that locks the lower knee bolster in place. Oh well, It seems to stay up even without the round knob. The fogs works GREAT and this DIY was a an excellent tool and great help.

#18 ·
RallyeRedB said:
i bought a different OEM kit and the wiring harness is different. does anyone know where i could get instructions or any insight towards installing this kit?
The kit should come with instructions. The wiring harness can't be much different because it will never fit if the length and connecting points don't match up. If the harness is different I doubt that it is made for your car.

#19 ·
GGEX said:
^^^
its on the light stalk

I went to look at my light stalk on my 07 Civic Si and didnt see where the fog light actuator was... -_-; I looked at the instructions on collegehonda and saw that the materials needed was a tree WITH the fog light acutator option... or am i just crazy? I have been at a standstill with the foglight situation because of this :pat: Maybe just wire the fogs to turn on when i hit the low beams? Any Suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks in Advance

#20 ·
vtmn215 said:
I went to look at my light stalk on my 07 Civic Si and didnt see where the fog light actuator was... -_-; I looked at the instructions on collegehonda and saw that the materials needed was a tree WITH the fog light acutator option... or am i just crazy? I have been at a standstill with the foglight situation because of this :pat: Maybe just wire the fogs to turn on when i hit the low beams? Any Suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks in Advance
hey, i'm a newbie here, i used to be at clubrsx.com. anyway, to answer your question, if we get the oem fogs for the 07, they give you a whole new actuator for the foglight. what sucks, is what if we want to get the ebay ones with the yellow tints? i guess, we'll just have to wire it with the low beams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.