8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY ebay fogs for 07-08 Coupe with oem stalk for $130!!!

124K views 257 replies 143 participants last post by  striker_1818 
#1 ·
Okay guys, I wasnt allowed to post in the DIY section, so im going to post it here. I dont know if this even belongs in the DIY section haha. I thought it was time to contribute back to the community even though i dont own an 8th.

This info can minimize all the threads about fogs working on 07-08 coupes.

Anyway, I installed fog lights on my gfs 08 Si coupe tonight, and it went flawless, fully plug and play, with Stalk to make everything work like OEM. I did not splice 1 single wire for this!

Heres what you need:
Ebay Fogs ($50 shipped)
OEM Stalk (35255-SNA-M01)(07-08 uses the SAME stalk)
OEM Interior Switch Harness (08V31-SNA-10030)
OEM Relay for the Fog Lights (39794-SDA-A05)

(All 3 OEM parts came to $80 Shipped @ Bernardiparts.com, these part numbers will work on all 07-08 coupes)

TOTAL: $130 Shipped!!!

Pic of the OEM parts:

We bought yellow fogs instead of clear ones, but its up to you.

Basically here is what you have to use and what you have to throw out, the ebay fogs comes with 3 harnesses, you no longer need the one with the relay on it because you are using the OEM one.

Here are the pic of the part numbers
OEM stalk:

OEM Interior Switch Harness

OEM Relay:

After you get all the parts, you can go to collegehillshonda.com and get the installation instructions, the install it just like oem, but you saved over $100 by doing it this way.

Here are the final results:

See less See more
#13 ·
OK So a few questions:

1. How hard was the install? It looks relatively easy until you get to the inside and having to do that stuff in that little cramped area. What parts of install were notably hard? All I've really done on this car (my civic) was to install the HID retro kit.

2. Whad did you do for running the wire harness through the bumper? It says to use little zip-tie clips that should attach to the bumper but I'm assuming you did not have those since you did not buy the OEM kit. How did you secure this wire?

3. Is removal of all of the interior parts necessary? I have the strutking dead pedal and that was kind of a ***** to get on. I used self-tapping screws for it and I don't really wanna take them out. Is removal of dead pedal really necessary?

Thanks again. If we had rep, I'd hit you up!

#14 ·
1. the hardest part is cutting the bumper, inside does get a little cramped, but its nothing that normal people cant work with, removing the connector took me a good 10mins because i didnt have the instruction on me, but otherwise, its relatively easy. With the oem harness, you have to insert 2 pins into one of the connectors, and thats pretty much the hardest part.

2. you dont have to run a wire thru the firewall, there is an oem wire from factory that is already ran thru the car, so you just have plug it in.
As far as the holding the harness on the bumper, when you take it off, there will be tab looking things (it looks like it shouldnt be there), but its on the bottom of the front grille. i drilled small holes so i can put a zip tie thru it and hid everything. You will know what im talking about when the bumper is off.

3. You have to remove some parts, but definitely not all the parts mentioned in the instructions.

a. Remove the plastic piece under the driver side (turn the knob in the middle and pull down)
b. remove the piece where its by your knee (no screws, just clips)
c. Remove the steering wheel coloum cover, so you can access the Stalk. (3 screws from the bottom)

Thats all i removed. Everything worked flawlessly.

Heres a tip:
Make sure you put the fuse in the fuse box, its #6 slot. I tried turning it on with no luck. I was about to pull everything apart then i realized to put the fuse in.
Ebay fogs dont come with a fuse, so you can either use the spare fuse from the fuse box under the hood, or just purchase one. Its a 20A fuse.

#40 ·
According to the pic...that stalk is only for lights (without fogs) Its the exact thing i have in my EX right now. In order to add the fogs to the stalk...i think you need the stalk that is shown in the very first post (notice how they have 2 area switches (1 for lights and other for fogs)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.