8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Glovebox light for Acura CSX

29K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  PizzaMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

I just bought an Acura CSX glovebox light. I just wanted to share some pics with you before I install it. If anybody is interested the part number is
34254-SNA-003 and I paid 27$ (CAN) for it.

Enjoy.

#2 ·
Glovebox light DIY

Ok, here it is

Begin by removing the glovebox itself. It's holding with 2 screws at the bottom of it. Once they are removed, just pull it out but you will have the pry each sides from outside in to allow the rubber bumpers to clear out.

As I said earlier I used a fuse tap to supply my positive from the fusebox:

Then, I ran the blue wire through the center console. You have to remove the little plastic cover on top of the console pocket to accomplish this.

Then I ran the wire so that it follow the main wire bundle.

I made a simple connection by buying metal clip that were suppose to be inserted in an actual connector. I could'nt find anything that would fit in so I only used the clips an epoxied everything. Sorry, no pics for that.

After that I bolted the light in is socket. The car have two little plastic pins to align the light and two bolt holes.

Connect the homemade plug and find a proper ground with you groung wire. It should light now.

I permanently installed the ground wire and it's done.
Ty-rap everything and reinstall you glovebox.

Enjoy the results

#3 ·
Oh, hell yea! That looks good.

Two questions.

What wire on the fuse box did you splice it too? (i'm assuming it's the fuse box next to your left foot when driving)

What exactly did you take out in the console? lol

#4 ·
As you can see on the first picture, I used a fuse tap on the fuse box (third row from the bottom and third column from the right). You can't use a fuse tap on the low profile fuse that our cars are equiped with. You need to buy regural mini fuse at you local auto parts dealer. You can see that the fuse with the tap is higher that the others.

Look at that like to see what a fuse tap looks like
Yahoo! Canada Image Detail for www.megatronixusa.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/FTATC_th.jpg

For the second question, I took out the plastic cover that is suppose to cap the hole on the picture. It's located on the ''roof'' of the pocket nest to the AUX jack.

#10 ·
you should be able to go to any acura dealership and order it. it might be a little more expensive or take a little longer to get but i bet you can get it there

#15 ·
what trim level was
it???

we drive civics, the CSX Type S is the highest trim level offered for the civics. makes sense for our cars not to have it... if you want a lighted glove box. buy a CSX for 10g's more.

#23 ·
That's me. I'm almost positive that it will work. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like the holes and everything is the exact same. Just seems honda didn't put the light in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.