8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

fog no more... fixing fog light condensation

12K views 53 replies 13 participants last post by  stargate69 
#1 ·
ok so this is the car...

the passanger side foglight has alot of condensation in it. and i didnt want the HID's to POP on my. the last thing i need is to spend another $60 on new bulbs. so the first thing i did was remove the bumper...

this is the culprit.

that balast is on with 3m double sided tape, and has been for a little over a year now...

I picked off all the sillycunt with a nubver of dental picks...

then tried to pry at it with them, and chipped the glass twice, luckly it didnt crack. then i used wood shims that are alot less harsh and used my finger through the hole to push with...

Eventuly the lense came off.

please note the cuttoff ring that prevents glare and limmits the light output...

well while its all apart i decided to "modify" it for more light spray outward...
this is it cut back twice as far and twice as wide

and i knotched the otherside for fun too :D, this is bofore filing...

then i had to clean the condensation and salt off... with some Foaming Glass cleaner... works well...

also as you may see the housing is pretty far gone, any farther on either and they are getting retro'd

please keep in mind that these have been on my car for a little over a year, all highway, my bumper, hood, fenders and roof all have stone chips...

and the lense has just little chips.

I chose some black silicone, this is because black is the mose resiliant to UV and weather... Out of all the sillicones i have in stock i decided on black?, really... im not sure why :D

pushed it into the cleaned grove... and bade sure of 100% coverage...

then it OZZZED out. i added a bit more afterwords just to make sure :D :badger:

added a bit to the inside of the cover and snapped it on. a big rock hit the cover and snapped it BTW...

AND THE OUTPUT

as you can see the colour began to ware off and the 3000k HID's are finaly bleeding through in some spots :D, that makes it more colourfull now... lol...

and the Left... as you can see its alot narrower the the "fixed" right one.

that entire patch closest to me is because of the "modding" that i did to that ring.

its hard to see in this pic but the passanger side light is also now yellow looking as apposed to green like the drivers side...

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
:D that was fast... BTW... the pics are being resided as we speak... i didnt know that they where that big :D

and Thank you.

I live these things.

this is what they looked like brand new...

#8 ·
the colour is still there... just now the yellow comes through... WHICH IS WHAT I WANTED TO BEGIN WITH!!!

I think it looks F@#$ING AWSOME now... like a solar-flare

#10 ·
OH here is a shot of a few projectors just waiting for something to do :D, nice and wide.......and h11 too.....

OK G'nite all...

#28 ·
ya a little thread jacking never killed any one (may be got them banned but not killed :D)
besides we are bumping the thread up (we would pm but that would mean deleting 20 pm's every few minutes :D:D)

the right side the light would fit but the left side might not fit for most peoples as they have the CAI's hmm we will have to look into this some more... not like the bumper is hard for us to take off :D, man I wish I had a spare set of fogs I can mod now...

open call any one have broken, messed up or junk jogs that they are thinking of throwing out that they can donate to us?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.