cdm/jdm conversion ... what u need ... - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Honda Civic Do It Yourself Articles > DIY Honda Civic Exterior Style Mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
VIP Member

Marvie
sickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
cdm/jdm conversion ... what u need ...

i'll close my other posts as soon as i am done with this one ...

it's a 100% final list of everything you will need/want to complete your front end conversion to a T.

after my initial install i noticed that there was 1 fitment issue... the mugen grill. It would not hook up to the stock radiator cover/cowl ... it fit but not perfect and it's not anything u'd want to show off. It would cause ur stuff to look like this when ur hood was closed:

u can notice the spaces on the upper left and right corners of the grill.
That can cause water, dust and other stuff to get in there...

that was basically the only fitment issue ... in order to get around this u need the front radiator cover of the csx or jdm model civic after which ur stuff will look like this:

u also will want other lil odds and ends which will be in the list below but can be omitted.

you will need.
1. HOOD
a) hood insulator (it comes with it's own clips)
b) L + R headlight seals ... those are rubber pieces that attatch to the left and right corners of the hood where it meets the headlight
c) ur warning lables that go under the hood

2. L + R FENDERS
a) L + R bumper brackets ... those attatch to the fenders. You need those because this is what the bumper attatches to at the back corner of the headlights/ front corner of the fenders... you will need to reuse the 1 screw on each side that's on the stock bumper brackets (or u can get new ones)

3. BUMPER

4. GRILL ... mugen or stock jdm civic / csx crill ... if using csx / jdm grill u'll need a few extra mounting clips for where it attatched to the top of the bumper... i think 3 but i'm not soo sure since i'm using a mugen grill.

5. RADIATOR COVER/COWL
a) extra mounting clips as this one uses 3 extra clips ... part # 91505-S9A-003

6. L + R HEADLIGHTS
a) L + R headlight brackets ... those are needed to attatch the headlights to the frame as well as to attatch the bumper to the bottom of the headlights.
B) 4 extra bulbs ... can't remember the bulb number but u'll want those bulbs + sockets ... 2 of these bulbs are ur park lights so u may want those or else u won't have park lights ... the other 2 are city lights which just look cool when ur headlights are on ... u have to wire them into ur harness accordingly.
i) the park ones get wired into ur turn signals via 2 wires... so they light up when u stock park lights are on but they don't blink ... they are basically side markers.
ii) the city lights get wired into ur low beam ...

7. FOG LIGHTS

you will have to reuse ur stock screws/bolts. they are all the same.
all 10mm bolts with the exception + 2 philips screws for the bumper brackets + 2 philips screws that attatch the bumper at the corners
side item ... u'd have to remove ur wipers and u need a 17mm socket for that

That's everything you will need for a perfect conversion without any missing pieces and a perfect fit ... no modifications of any kind. 100% bolt/snap on.

Maybe NBPRudy can comment on part numbers for the other pieces as i did not make note of them when i got them.

price will vary ...

i'll outline the differences between JDM + CDM ... they are few and comes down to preference.

1. JDM has clear corners and CDM has amber (i prefer the amber since stock USDM had amber)
2. JDM has flat hood + bumper ... CDM has accent line running down the middle of hood + bumper (i prefer the line to five it a lil edginess)
everything else is the same.

where headlights are concerned .... there's the HID version(non projector though) + a regular halogen version ...
HID version costs 1000 per headlight and that's just the headlight only ..
Halogen version has the most impressive cut off that i've never seen on any halogen based headlight so IMO u can get that and use a good plug + play kit... u won't be disappointed.

CTR front is different ... so one can go that route ...
the fenders are 5mm wider
the bumper has a more agressive look to it ...
u'd be trading off the foglights in it's current position for some small fogs that fit on the bumper itself
the lip will be different ...

i preferred this one (regular civic front) + mugen lip + fogs for my daily beater ...

happy modding

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FA5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FG2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

PoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivicPoLiShPrInCe sometimes day dreams about 8thcivic
... nice overview

PoLiShPrInCe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Jay
Dueces22 will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Ur Car is Dope!
Dueces22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
VIP Member

Marvie
sickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcapssickyute just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
they make that radiator cover in carbon fiber!!! i've seen it on here ...
if anyone finds the thread before i do or no where i can get it ... please let me know.

FA5

FG2
sickyute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

justin
honda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
sweet marvie
honda06si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cody Lopez
codys8thcivicsi will be known by all on 8thcivic sooncodys8thcivicsi will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
so is this your new car...propz man
codys8thcivicsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

xmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpg
Looks good especially in the white. Quick question whats the difference between the original hood and the one you have on their now?
xmx250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

justin
honda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcapshonda06si just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickyute
they make that radiator cover in carbon fiber!!! i've seen it on here ...
if anyone finds the thread before i do or no where i can get it ... please let me know.
couldnt find the rad cover but found the spark plug cover and the IM cover
not positive they fit....
http://www.carbontrix.com/enginecover.htm
Old 04-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

FG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Very nice info marvie again another good write up...

Hey marvie I know this is off topic and Im sorry but Im not sure if you are going to be doing the JDM Red Badges but could you get your people to look into the JDM Red Badge for the steering wheel?
FG*SQUAD Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

FG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivicFG*SQUAD Nick just put it into 3rd gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda06si
couldnt find the rad cover but found the spark plug cover and the IM cover
not positive they fit....
http://www.carbontrix.com/enginecover.htm
Would rep if I could youve already gotten to much from me...
FG*SQUAD Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Chekz just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
so Marvie whats an estimate price on everything? Ill planning on getting a 4 door SI soon and i want this to be my first or second mod. To me the USDM front looks too nice and lay back...this one just looks plain mean.
Chekz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
8thcivic Sponsor

GrafiXpressions.com
blue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholdersblue rocket has carbon fibre cupholders
looks sick, when's the lip kit coming?
blue rocket is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
VIP Member

Marvie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chekz
so Marvie whats an estimate price on everything? Ill planning on getting a 4 door SI soon and i want this to be my first or second mod. To me the USDM front looks too nice and lay back...this one just looks plain mean.
can't comment on cost cuz i got a hook up from member NBPRudy for parts ...
he helped me out a lot ...

i'm sure he can't continue to give those prices or else he'll be losing ...

but it's going to cost u about 3000 with everything listed above...

or u can contact password jdm ... 3300 ... without shipping and u'd be missing a couple odds + ends.

FA5

FG2
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

justin
those headlights are so fresh
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
VIP Member

Marvie
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue rocket
looks sick, when's the lip kit coming?
good question ...
i've been waiting on KMS ...
last i heard was the container came in from japan and it's in chicago ... they are awaiting the parts at which point they'll check them and then ship them out ...
i'm guessing another week or 2.

FA5

FG2
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
VIP Member

Marvie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmx250
Looks good especially in the white. Quick question whats the difference between the original hood and the one you have on their now?
accent line down the middle
it's a lil longer
the dimensions must be different cuz of the change in fenders but i'm not sure if it is or by how much.

FA5

FG2
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Chekz just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
can't comment on cost cuz i got a hook up from member NBPRudy for parts ...
he helped me out a lot ...

i'm sure he can't continue to give those prices or else he'll be losing ...

but it's going to cost u about 3000 with everything listed above...

or u can contact password jdm ... 3300 ... without shipping and u'd be missing a couple odds + ends.
thanks Marvie....ill be doing this before the turbo so that way more turbo products would be available. Thanks for the answer and props on your car.
Chekz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

xmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpgxmx250 gets 3000 mpg
Quote:
accent line down the middle
it's a lil longer
the dimensions must be different cuz of the change in fenders but i'm not sure if it is or by how much.

Oh ok, i just spotted the line down the middle
xmx250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

James W. Miller
jdrumstik just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicjdrumstik just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
3K! Uggh, why doesn't some body kit company make this! My life sucks, I just feel pissed at honda or giving us an Ass looking car. Makes me want to go buy a Nissan or something crazy like that just out of spite
jdrumstik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
VIP Member

NBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolleyNBPRudy likez to fill up with red trolley
Looks great Man.I'm glad the extra pieces worked out.

NBPRudy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.