8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2006 Civic Front Speaker Installation

255K views 217 replies 149 participants last post by  hamhead 
#1 ·
front speaker installation guide can be found here

Front Speakers

#56 ·
hey guys,

i got a 08 VTI-L (im aussie, im pretty sure its the EX equiv.) and i need to remove the front door panel to access the speakers. This guide provided by webby is quite helpful however the 08 is slightly different to the 06 (e.g. no screw holes below the handle as on the 06

does anyone have any alterations to the 06 guide i can follow, or perhaps another guide for the 08 front door panel removal?
(dont want to break my baby ;) )

any help greatly appreciated.

Zed :D

#59 ·
I just ordered some Alpine Type S components and was looking for a good place to mount my tweeters because the factory location doesn't seem to be the most adequate place to put them. Where would be an easy and effective place to mount them? I was thinking the sail panel where the side air bags are but im not sure how to take them out or if i should mess with those. FYI, I have a 2006 Civic LX Coupe

#62 ·
It's low-powered but at least more than the typical OEM head unit without an amp.
It's something like maybe a true 12-20 RMS per channel which I'd guess is actually a good bit more than actual real world non-amp'd oem head unit outputs.

I'd imagine a-market speaks that are fairly efficient (90+ db) might work well.. Something like Kappa's maybe? (don't worry about their 2ohm rating.. they heat up to "true" 4ohm per a reply somewhere from Andy at Harman).

#67 ·
The only significant difference is in how the arm rest comes apart. In the sedan you remove the black plastic part that holds all the buttons and switches. Pull straight up on the back end, the end toward the rear of the vehicle. When it comes loose, slide the assembly back a little bit so the hook at the front end clears the door skin assembly. Then disconnect electrical connectors. From there it's the same as the coupe. Remove screws, etc. Note: to remove the switch/button housing from the arm rest you have to pull like CRAZY. You will probably get sore fingers in the process.

#69 ·
What is the ohm on stock radio?

I have a 2009 LX which is leased so I need to easily return it to stock in three years. The stock speakers need to be up graded but I'm not sure if they are 2 or 4 ohm 6.5" , can anyone provide this info.

I need to be able to quickly install and remove the speakers w/o chaning amp or adding tweeters. Here are my thoughts so far:

If they are 2 ohm I would go with infinity 6022i
if they are 4 ohm I would probably go with Polk 651

Comments suggestions, Thanks

#70 ·
I have a 2009 LX which is leased so I need to easily return it to stock in three years. The stock speakers need to be up graded but I'm not sure if they are 2 or 4 ohm 6.5" , can anyone provide this info.

I need to be able to quickly install and remove the speakers w/o chaning amp or adding tweeters. Here are my thoughts so far:

If they are 2 ohm I would go with infinity 6022i
if they are 4 ohm I would probably go with Polk 651

Comments suggestions, Thanks
they are 4 ohm
BUT at any time in a lease they can ask for the car back, so i wouldnt bother upgrading the speakers
our stock systems are really not that bad, and if u upgrade the speakers, u will actually downgrade your sound
newer speakers (aftermarket) will always require more power than your stock ones, therefore they will be quieter, and thus making your tonal balance WAY off (esp if you are leaving stock tweeters and rear speakers stock)
trust me on this
leave the stock speakers ;-)

#76 ·
sigh
ok a little more knowledge for ya
Focal speakers are only as good as the output
i suggest buying a new headunit and an amp if u are to upgrade the speakers
i dunno how many times i gotta say that lol
speakers are BARELY what matters, its all about the amp and head unit
our headunit puts out alpine quality sound, BUT not Focal quality lol

#78 ·
thats cause RF is a joke lol
dude we all know they are just OK quality
better than stock but not by a whole lot
ill stick with better brands, u know, POLK, JL, Boston Acoustic!
or how bout even Powerbass for a good solid competition sub

RF is not anything special anymore
they used to be, but not nemore lol'

besides i havent installed mine yet, im still stock

#80 ·
man all the 06-08 LXs have tweeters, and 4 woofers
the ex/si had tweeters, 4 woofers, and a 8" "sub"
the dx has nothing stock lol
there was no LX-S until recently, kinda retarded to be honest
ur head unit most likely does accommodate it
its better if you buy them yourself
for lower end, get a all in one sub unit, something 8 to 10" that will be enough (aka built on amp with sub in box, plus speaker level inputs)
then you wont have to change out any speakers ;-)

#81 ·
06 Civic Sub Install

I have an 06 EX I bought in early 07. I am just about to grad college and thought about putting an Infinity Basslink in the trunk. I realized I have no clue how to do this. I like this wiring kit:

EFX 10-gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit Power and signal connections for your new amp at Crutchfield.com

I have wired speakers (not component) and head units in previous cars. I want to do this, but I didn't know my Civic had a sub! Where is it? It really puts out no bass. Do I need to disconnect it? Are there RCA jacks on some amp where the sub is now I can use instead? Is there a harness?

I really appreciate any help.

-JR

#87 ·
Yo, so I have an 08 si coupe and I'm already in the process of putting a better sub in the trunk (LOC off of the sub already in there) and I'm thinking about upgrading the fronts too. I know I could run the LOC for the fronts off of the rear deck speakers, but I was wondering if there's a good way to run it off the fronts so I could maintain the functionality of the rears. The only issue would be that the wires going to the door speakers probably already have the highs filtered out to go to the tweeters. Anyone know if there's a place to put a LOC after the stock amp but before the stock xover (if there is one)?

#88 ·
ok
run the LOC off the rear to a 4 channel amp, and then upgrade front AND rear speakers
thats what im doing
and i have the lower quality headunit lol
the highs/lows are split INLINE they are NOT SPLIT at the AMP/headunit (your case is the amp between the seats)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.