What's Honda doing about crows feet?? - Page 22 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Civic Style > Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #421 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawk2.0 View Post
How come you didn't get a rental? Is your car still under warranty?
yes the car is still under warranty.. the reason they did not give me a rental is because Honda didn't want to pay for it..-_- but if they give me another lame excuse about my car not been ready Im not going to take no for answer on the rental car.. it's been 2 weeks!! lol I'm just nervous about how my car will turn out..but hopefully it will be ok fingers cross ..:|
Chuysi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #422 (permalink)

Update: i got my car today in the afternoon it looks ok..it been raining all day so i will double check it tomorrow and maybe upload pictures..
Chuysi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #423 (permalink)

Went to honda dealership and more paint problems!

I went to the honda dealership today to get my car hood repainted because of the crows feet and the manager said he would do that for me for free and it is covered. But he also told me he noticed with many of the honda's that the edges of the painted places such as roof or edge of doors are starting to whiten( like literally turn white). He says this is a growing problem but honda has not issued any notice about this. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so what can be done?
mmrlightning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #424 (permalink)

Quick question, I know Fiji Blue is having problems with crows feet. But is Royal Blue Pearl the same color?
leemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 AM   #425 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemaster View Post
Quick question, I know Fiji Blue is having problems with crows feet. But is Royal Blue Pearl the same color?
I don't think they are the same
mmrlightning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #426 (permalink)

Hunter
What's Honda doing about crows feet??

I dropped mine off today for the recall on the hood. Over the past 2 months it's turned into the hood, fenders, roof, and today when I dropped it off they added the decklid/trunk for free. Honestly it depends on your dealership and connections. I drive a stanced FA5 and for a while the employees at my local dealership wasn't very fond of me because of that fact.
I fought forever for the roof. And now they're almost repainting the entire car.
The oxidation on the roof was beyond out of hand.
I also tried to get a curtesy car because my SI is my daily, but they "Didn't have any on hand."

Funny thing I also noticed they acted differently today because I had my Discount Tire uniform on and fresh out of work.

Point of the story is basically, people are stereotypical. When you go for the recall, go in looking somewhat proper and shake some hands. And apparently don't let them know you drive a Honda and work at a different auto shop than an official Honda business, lol.
Obviously this advice will effect everyone differently, but every little bit helps. Oh.. And push the fact that others are getting what they deserve when it comes to faulty factory paint.
I've made other posts in this thread about my experiences with my local dealer, and how they jerked me around in the beginning on this recall. If this helps at all, go read my posts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Bllackllabel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #427 (permalink)

Re: What's Honda doing about crows feet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmrlightning View Post
I went to the honda dealership today to get my car hood repainted because of the crows feet and the manager said he would do that for me for free and it is covered. But he also told me he noticed with many of the honda's that the edges of the painted places such as roof or edge of doors are starting to whiten( like literally turn white). He says this is a growing problem but honda has not issued any notice about this. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so what can be done?
I have a bit of paint literally fading into white on the edges where the trunk meets the rear window. I may just wait until Honda decides to cover those spots before I bring my car in for the paint recall.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
kungpaoturkey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #428 (permalink)

2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan NHBP

I just noticed my hood with those tiny cracks! absolutely ridiculous! Just wondering if there is a recall.....or if not, will there ever be? Thanks!
<Nighthawk> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #429 (permalink)

Roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Nighthawk> View Post
I just noticed my hood with those tiny cracks! absolutely ridiculous! Just wondering if there is a recall.....or if not, will there ever be? Thanks!
That's the whole point of this thread. Certain colors were given extended warranty on their paint (Black and fiji blue pearl)...not sure about other colours...depends on dealerships
rsr552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #430 (permalink)

Ron
High Revs Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #431 (permalink)

Hunter

Lmfao!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Bllackllabel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #432 (permalink)

local318
I took my honda in yesterday, and they said that they will paint hood and fenders no questions asked. It would take a week and a half and no rental car. BTW my fg2 is fiji blue pearl.
local318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #433 (permalink)

Has anyone that had this fix done on there nhbp noticed the color difference with the new paint? The new paint is alot lighter in color and doesnt even look the same.
jdmferio13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #434 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmferio13 View Post
Has anyone that had this fix done on there nhbp noticed the color difference with the new paint? The new paint is alot lighter in color and doesnt even look the same.
Honda brings your vehicle to third party to get it painted so the quality of the job will vary. I would definitely go back and complain about it.
tofu_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #435 (permalink)

Ron
FYI guys, you don't have to let them decide where to get the body work done. I was able to research and choose the shop I wanted for paint, so I found an excellent body shop that also specializes in classic car restoration, and they did an amazing job.
High Revs Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #436 (permalink)

Kel
i took my car last week for crows feet on my fenders and my hood, and my clear coat was fading on the roof and they will cover it but i wont have my car for 2 weeks. its my dd and they wont give me a loaner car
kelweezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #437 (permalink)

its good to hear that some of you are getting covered for this!
bradner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #438 (permalink)

Linzi - R18 Crew Member #920

Just wanted to throw out again that honda ruined my paint "fixing" this. Getting the car wrapped soon, just look your car over extremely carefully and don't take no for an answer.
ShesFromTheFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #439 (permalink)

Jeff
I got that letter from honda saying it was covered, however they only repainted the hood and two front fenders when there was more on the car,and because Idaho roads acre crap and for some god awful reason they put sand and gravel down when it snows,everything that was repainted in september is chipped now Im just going to have the whole care repainted when I get orders out of here and deploy
jmd236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu_boi View Post
Honda brings your vehicle to third party to get it painted so the quality of the job will vary. I would definitely go back and complain about it.
Im def taking it back.I had my car repainted before the recall came out, but my
Problem now is I have some small nicks and scratches from highway driving and noticed the other day the scratches are down to bare metal.its all over the newly painted areas.so now im gonna make them paint the whole car this time.
jdmferio13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.