8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Rasky's Work

495K views 3K replies 371 participants last post by  Yupus 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm making a thread of some of the cars that go through my newly opened Detail Shop. My camera is not the best and I hope to get a better one soon.

First Retail job:

'90 Honda Prelude
Exterior detail and cleaning of trunk. (smell from a mouse)

One owner car with 70,000 miles.....was in very good shape so it may be hard to tell in the pics but when it was done it looked much better. I would have pulled the car outside but it was already dark.

before

after
]
before

after...pic came out blurry...sorry:pat:

I should have some cars that are not as nice when they come in this weekend and will post day pics as well.

See less See more
#8 ·
#10 ·
8thgenuser said:
With whatever you use, to do the job right you'll need to move everything out of the garage and let the stuff dry for a few days. I'd give it at the very minimum 48 hours before setting anything on the floor.
It's probaly going to be about a month before I can do it....I need to make some serious cash before October so that I have money to run natural gas and water to the garage. Right now I'm just running a hose in there for water but that won't fly come winter time.

#11 ·
Tomorrows job

2006 Chevy Trail Blazer....I figure if I lay into it enough with the buffer the dents will pop right out! hehehe :eek:

My old man is putting on a new hood and fender, the PDR guy is going to TRY and fix the rest. Had a new winshield put in it today...had 5-6 holes that went right through the glass! There was a pretty nasty storm up here last week. I have to do a complete detail on it...only 17,000 miles so it should be pretty easy. :thumb:

#19 ·
8thgenuser said:
Wow, Rasky! Just wow! How long did it take for you to clean that truck?
That beast took 3.5 hrs! I don't have a drain in my garage so I go a few blocks down the road and wash it there which takes a little longer. I had to sweep out the bed becuase it was full of crap and dirt which took more time. Then there was all kinds of crap in the back of the cab under the seats...the rear carpets were actually worse than the front. I was happy with the turn out though. :)

#20 ·
RaskyR1 said:
That beast took 3.5 hrs! I don't have a drain in my garage so I go a few blocks down the road and wash it there which takes a little longer. I had to sweep out the bed becuase it was full of crap and dirt which took more time. Then there was all kinds of crap in the back of the cab under the seats...the rear carpets were actually worse than the front. I was happy with the turn out though. :)
Only 3.5 hours?!? It takes me 3.5 hours to simply wash and dry my Civic! :laughing:

#21 ·
8thgenuser said:
Only 3.5 hours?!? It takes me 3.5 hours to simply wash and dry my Civic! :laughing:
Lmao! :eek:mg:

Considering I only made $100 on that truck 3.5 hrs. is waaaay too long!
I'm doing a green Tahoe tonight and hopefully that one will go a little faster.

#24 ·
Sept 13, 2006

2001 Tahoe, 100,000 miles, dealer...This ride over all wasn't that bad but it's just so big that it takes more time going over that much more surface area. The whitewall lettering was jacked! so it doesn't look all that great in the pics. I really need a new camera! These pictures do no justice! The color looked awesome when I got done with it...it almost looks black in the pics. O-well :rolleyes:

Before

After

#25 ·
Off day

So I took the day off and have been wanting to wet sand the Si because the "Orange Peel" drives me nuts! I had my old man drop off some sand paper and a foam attachment for my DA....well the velcro ended up being different on my DA! :Mad: ...so I tried using it by hand but after giving it a light sand I was unhappy the way it was coming out. I will go back over it with the DA when I get the right backing plate. I could still see the difference though, my roommate (can see him in the reflection) knows jack about paint and he could see the difference, though the pics don't really show it. The edges of the lights in the reflection are a little smoother...if you really compare the left side from the right you may be able to see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.