'06 Civic Si 2Dr Coupe - AR1-HDG6 Clutch and Pressure Plate - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor > Clutch & Transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post '06 Civic Si 2Dr Coupe - AR1-HDG6 Clutch and Pressure Plate

Hello, I've been going over and over through this forum to find out more info about ACT and if its any good on the K series.

I have a Stock Civic Si w/102k + a K&N Drop in Filter. Just needed a car to get me from point a to b really quick, but not enough to kill me and is gas friendly-ish.

The clutch is original and its starting to slip here and there but when I really hit the gas, it sounds like a HYBRID and RPMs are reaching about 5-6k and speed is steadily increasing. I'm assuming that the clutch is about to go. Being that my bro-in-law uses my car from time to time and realized the same issue, he got me a birthday present and it happened to be AR1-HDG6 from ACT. I heard they were good and I heard they were bad. I saw the sticky about the "WARNING - HD PRESSURE PLATE..." so now I'm lost on what to do. I've been driving the car for about 2-3k from the time I realized it. I would say 85% of that is efficient driving and the rest is VTEC MODE LOL.

I was going to purchase a Flywheel from ACT but now I'm just concerned whether or not I should give it back to him for a refund and go for the stock or risk the chance that something goes wrong like --- "not going into gear, blowing the CMC, or just not moving at all..." --- anything along those lines I'm really trying to avoid. Now in time, I was going to turbo the car but that is not for another year or so. Would someone please share some advice on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sean J.
Bro I'm having that problem now. I have a 07 SI 2door my clutch has been spoiling for sometime. Earlier today my clutch pendal went right to the ground and the car stall. I was able to get it home riding in (3rd gear). It sucks get that ASAP. What does CMC stand for?
The_Bluprint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Tom
I installed that clutch kit and ACT flywheel on a 08 Si a while back, it's been on two engines now with no apparent problems. I know there are issues with the "Xtreme" pressure plates, but the "Heavy Duty" (HD) seems to be fine.

The important thing to note is that you need to shim the pivot ball outward with a washer or you will have issues that will likely get blamed on the CMC. When I installed this one these AR1 clutches were not listed for the 06+ application, I assumed that was why.
downest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ku
the ACT HD is ok. just make sure you don't get the xtreme pressure plate.

ACT's R&D is still a couple years behind.
Bboy_Burst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.