How is the SI Sedan as a daily driver? Need something more spacious and quiet! - Page 3 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #41 (permalink)

Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijm5012 View Post
Don't expect anything better from Suby in this department. Many people complain that Suby has the worst paint (it's probably just as bad as any other manufacturer, since this new water-based paint sucks. Goddamn tree-huggers...)
Understandable, just have to drive faster, which wouldn't be a problem....

Going to compare thicknesses on the Honda and Subaru paint sometime soon...

Last edited by Guerra; 12-09-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Guerra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #42 (permalink)

I can't comment on an FA5 but just for the dynamics of the car, (I have an FG2) it is a great daily driver as long as you understand that the ride is alot firmer than a normal commuter car, as well as the seats and fairly supportive (for stock seats that it) so don't have as much padding/foam as normal seats.
McCarthy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #43 (permalink)

I own a black 08 fa5. I love it. It is a stiff ride and handles like a dream and gives me that little burst of spirited driving that I o so crave . Also I just averaged about 26mpg only driving thru the city. So far I'm bone stock. Around christmas I'm getting an intake, q300 exhaust. And a flashpro one I get my tax income back in april. Its a great daily driver I think. But to each his own
secfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

I love my Sedan and is perfect for me, I drive 100 miles daily and with the gas prices the MPG is decent, it is spacious, comfortable, nice radio and some little power as well and very reliable with a high resale price as well.
JSMexUsa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #45 (permalink)

Perfect DD I must say!
TotaledSedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #46 (permalink)

Ryan
I'll have to test drive one soon. Been leaning a little towards the tsx recently due to the much more luxurious interior and having the 2.4L for some more daily torque.

I'm sure the SI will be more fun to drive and a little quicker but that's not the priority for my daily. I have my 410whp s2000 for that.

I'll see how test drives go and then make up my mind! Thanks for all the input guys!
moddiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #47 (permalink)

Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddiction View Post
I'll have to test drive one soon. Been leaning a little towards the tsx recently due to the much more luxurious interior and having the 2.4L for some more daily torque.

I'm sure the SI will be more fun to drive and a little quicker but that's not the priority for my daily. I have my 410whp s2000 for that.

I'll see how test drives go and then make up my mind! Thanks for all the input guys!
If you're gonna go with a TSX, I suggest looking at an 07-08 since those are the only years that Hondata supports with Flashpro.

Just letting you know!
ijm5012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #48 (permalink)

Ryan
Oh damn. The newer models don't work with that?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #49 (permalink)

Ian
Quote:
No, there is Flashpro that works with the newer model TSX as well, but I'm not certain of the year/powertrain combo. Check out Hondata's site to be 100% certain.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont believe they have made it yet cause not many people that buy them right now intend to mod them. So really the market isn't their yet. The newer tsx's interior are super swanky though, and ill bet that the V6 model has some major pep. I wish it came with shifter paddles.
higher being is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #51 (permalink)

Ryan
I'd love to get a V6 model but never offered it with the manual trans which is a must for me! That and the tech package.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #52 (permalink)

If its a DD, why so adamant on a stick? Why not something auto w/ paddles or auto stick...
0SiDAN7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

I traded my Ap2 for a 10 fa5 back in august. Needed a DD because my commute tripled. I've been pretty happy so far.
thegamettt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #54 (permalink)

Shawn Perolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0SiDAN7 View Post
If its a DD, why so adamant on a stick? Why not something auto w/ paddles or auto stick...
Driving an automatic is just awful. I will never own another auto, daily driver or not. My mind is a busy place, if I don't have something to keep my focused on driving I will not pay attention as much. I also feel like a tool when I have the car "drive itself." I dunno, something about mindlessly mashing the gas makes me feel stupid.
shawnperolis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #55 (permalink)

Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0SiDAN7 View Post
Gotta have SOME fun during the daily commute!

OP, based on your needs, it sounds like a TSX is a better DD than the Si. The TSX has more room, is quieter, and has nicer luxury features. However, the seats aren't as supportive as those in the Si (but the TSX has seat heaters), and the suspension obviously won't be as tight.

I'd look at getting an 07-08, as I think the 09+ are ugly IMO. You can get Flashpro for the TSX to give you a nice little performance bump (with a correct tune of course), and if the suspension is too soft for your liking that can easily be remedied with a set of sport springs, and possibly stiffer dampers if needed.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnperolis View Post
Driving an automatic is just awful. I will never own another auto, daily driver or not. My mind is a busy place, if I don't have something to keep my focused on driving I will not pay attention as much. I also feel like a tool when I have the car "drive itself." I dunno, something about mindlessly mashing the gas makes me feel stupid.
I know this feel.
higher being is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #57 (permalink)

Ryan
Yeah auto is just plain boring IMO. Plus I make and sell shift knobs as a living so all of my cars must be manual to rock one of my knobs haha.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #58 (permalink)

Robert
I don't know.. if I had a supercharged S2k in the garage to play with I wouldn't be too concerned on how fun my daily was
HeelsandEers is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #59 (permalink)

Ryan
Well if I get too boring of a daily ill never want to drive it haha. So need something I actually like being in. An auto car unless crazy powerful with awesome dual clutch paddle shifters I think I would be too bored in to want to drive. At least even in a slow car rowing through the gears can be fun!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #60 (permalink)

Shawn Perolis
Quote:
Well if I get too boring of a daily ill never want to drive it haha. So need something I actually like being in. An auto car unless crazy powerful with awesome dual clutch paddle shifters I think I would be too bored in to want to drive. At least even in a slow car rowing through the gears can be fun!
This. I had a 2008 Hyundai Accent 5 speed. It was so slow, but bangin' through the gears always put a smile on my face. I didn't care that I was getting smoked at every light. hahaha
shawnperolis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.