Aux input question - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Chris
Aux input question

Hey guys i have a 07 Si and my aux input (in the console) needs to be replaced and i was wondering if anyone knew if a DIY for the Si Aux exists and where it is, or which one i can use in order to access the area i need to. I already have the part. Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Kelly A.
its not hard but i do not have the diy tech info but if you know haow to remove the radio . thats all it takes

Last edited by ismashface; 11-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.
ismashface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Craig
U don't have to take out the radio. Look at the new part very closely as to where the release clips are. I took off the center console out the part around the shifter and dropped the lower drivers side dash and removed a screw to lower the middle dash, It's kinda hidden and in a tight spot but a good magnetic screwdriver got it done for me. Then got my gf to pry one side as I PRy the other and out it popped Enough for me to rip it out with some pliers. Took about 20 min. Just to figure it out.
Puckhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Chris
It was a NIGHTMARE, but not really. We basically did the stereo removal only to find that part to be covered by another panel that would require removing a panel covered by the passenger side dash, so basically i used a pair of vice grips to attempt to rip out the old aux input box, and that worked. We more or less destroyed the old one so it would come out without having to release the clamps. Barbaric, but desperate times. Biggest challenge was hooking up the cable to the back of the new input. So glad its over. But it is interesting to know that it only takes 3 screws in total to remove our stereo.
KrusT 954 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.