Why did I like the RSX-S test drive better? - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Rsx look so good. But our si are good looking in a different cruiser type way imo. Just not as sporty looking
DPMAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

To each his own. If you like the RSX better go for it! I agree about the throttle though. Can't wait to get a flashpro for my SI. Too bad they are so expensive.
JoYu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #23 (permalink)

Jesse
Depending on what year RSX it was(reread your OP) and for the 05-06 RSX-S they have 210 HP due to the camshafts being borrowed from the DC5 engine. Also the RSX-S has double wish bone suspension in the Rear, macpherson up front. IMHO depending on what you want out of the car, I would definitely side with the RSX-S. If you have/need a family oriented car which you can still have fun with then FA5. Up to you though Good luck and have fun
jesman1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelsandEers View Post
So by your logic it's pointless to compare any two cars unless they both have 2 doors? Makes sense
What im saying is compare apples to apples man, coupe to coupe and sedan to sedan? its my oppinion and thats what i think? Im no more wrong or right then anyone here, Meh like it matters anyway lol, you have your concept of comparison and i have mine, its why we make a great site here people have different ideas and views on every discussion......

Family fun can be had in a coupe as well man, i have had nothing but coupes and my kid fits with no problems in the back of my Si, yeah it would be easier with 2 more doors but dont count it out because its a coupe, the hatch back on the RSX makes it a good car for loading into and taking out of, i wish my car was a hatch

Last edited by BigM; 11-17-2012 at 01:57 AM.
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

Smh... Do people really think the sedan and coupe are that different? We are driving oversized go-carts, not sports cars..
SlowSiIsSlow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #26 (permalink)

Opinions aside. You will get pulled over more in the rsx type s than the 8th gen civic si sedan..

I like the look of my fa5 better.

My friend has a type r full conversion - the right hand drive and I still like our fa5's better
Hondafa5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #27 (permalink)

I was a big time type-s fan and into 2dr and all that stuff. Now Im all about sporty sedan like fa5 with fd2 conversion, sti and evo. even frs, brz, s2k are no longer appealing to me for some reason. I wouldnt mind owning one but day to day I will rock a sporty sedan. Im only 22 and I dont have kids and wont any time soon
xyflz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyflz View Post
I was a big time type-s fan and into 2dr and all that stuff. Now Im all about sporty sedan like fa5 with fd2 conversion, sti and evo. even frs, brz, s2k are no longer appealing to me for some reason. I wouldnt mind owning one but day to day I will rock a sporty sedan. Im only 22 and I dont have kids and wont any time soon
What a geezer! jk. I'm kind of the same way.

On a side note: why's there so much debate about the SI sedan and coupe? They're not really that different. Isn't the difference just like 50 lbs? And the Sedan supposedly has a weight distribution that's a little bit closer to 50/50? I'm sure as far as handling goes, they're a tiny bit different, but as far as handling goes, the sedan should be the same or better.
PANGES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondafa5 View Post
Opinions aside. You will get pulled over more in the rsx type s than the 8th gen civic si sedan..
True story. I started to feel like I was getting picked on every other month in my rsx. In my si sedan, it feels like I haven't seen a cop in ages!
Lysol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

I had a fg1 before fa5 so with the same exact setup, sway bar, n+ coilover, same height and same damping, sedan has more body roll....
xyflz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #31 (permalink)

Robert
I've never gotten attention from cops in my RSX or Si
HeelsandEers is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

RSX-S statsWheelbase 2-door: 101.2 in (2,570 mm) Length 2-door: 172.2 in (4374 mm)
Width 67.9 in (1725 mm)

Wheelbase
104.3 in (264 cm) (coupe)
106.3 in (270 cm) (sedan)
Width
68.9 in (172 cm) (coupe)
69.0 in (175 cm) (sedan)
Length
174.8 in (441 cm) (2006–08 coupe)
175.5 in (4,458 mm) (2009–11 coupe)
176.7 in (447 cm) (sedan)
177.3 in (4,503 mm) (2009–11 sedan)

For the OP and those who care to understand the dynamics of wheelbase and its effect on directional changes:

Height of the center of mass relative to the wheelbase determines load transfer between front and rear. The car's momentum acts at its center of mass to tilt the car forward or backward, respectively during braking and acceleration. Since it is only the downward force that changes and not the location of the center of mass, the effect on over/under steer is opposite to that of an actual change in the center of mass. When a car is braking, the downward load on the front tires increases and that on the rear decreases, with corresponding change in their ability to take sideways load.

What you are FEELING in the RSX-S is the cars ability to change direction more quickly due to its shorter wheelbase

Being they are both FWD, Honda powered with somewhat similar suspension (Si is much better) the real effect here is weight transfer and wheelbase

The RSX-S is LIGHTER and SHORTER than the Si Sedan therefore more apt to change directions quicker - giving you that "go kart" feeling

But at higher speeds the longer wheelbase of the Sedan will be a welcome thing as directional changes at 150mph+ are generally a bad thing lol

In the olden days the EK hatch was known as the "high speed" hatch since it was more stable up top at ridiculous speeds

103.2 in (2,621 mm) EK hatch
101.3 in (2,573 mm) EG hatchback
098.4 in (2,499 mm) EF hatchback

When you jump in each hatch you can immediately feel the difference good and bad in terms of directional changes/high speed stability

The longer, heavier Sedan feels less responsive because it is....its also much more forgiving at higher speeds
SergEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

Craig
I'll have to admit it. I did like the RSX type-s test drive a little better. I got a 1st, 2nd, and, 3rd gear scratch. But i can do that in my si too it just seemed a
Little more impressive maybe since it was the first
Car test drove out of the 5 or 6 I test drove. It came down to the condition of the car for me. All the type s's were ragged out. Tears in carpet dings scratches, broken radio glove box missing subs. Shakes under heavy braking. Oh I test drove the cars alright. My fg2 blue si stood up to the test and I couldn't be happier with my little si.
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #34 (permalink)

I honestly think our 8th's are better looking then a DC5, ive seen a few DC5's id choose over an 8th and they have all been hellaflush. But i like the hatch/liftback look on the DC5
09FGtwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.