2013 Civic Si vs 2013 Scion FRS - Page 8 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #141 (permalink)

Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid3L View Post
theres so much after market parts for Scion its not even funny...When I first had my 04 tC, took me a year to save up for the Turbonetics Turbo kit...

at 8psi my old tC hit 298.7 whp with 233 trq on cali's crappy 91
Pretty good and sounds like a good market. But aren't you turbo guys making way more then that for the same kit? We all know the realistic area of the new civic putting down 450.the lack of the after market for the new civic still has one kit ready to rock soon as a more effective tuning solutions occurs

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
Campton9th is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #142 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campton9th View Post
Off topic but the manifold on the new civic is cast in the head. We can't change that

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
you get a downpipe/testpipe. It'll do, actually makes modding cheaper.

$200 test pipe> $800-$1,000 header.
Strate L O S S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #143 (permalink)
VIP Member

Fid3L
Quote:
Pretty good and sounds like a good market. But aren't you turbo guys making way more then that for the same kit? We all know the realistic area of the new civic putting down 450.the lack of the after market for the new civic still has one kit ready to rock soon as a more effective tuning solutions occurs

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
yeah it depneds on what other mods you put in....my numbers was 341.6whp with 3in down pipe, 3in custom exhaust piping, greddy ti-c axel back, 550cc injectors, crank pulley and up the boost to 9.5psi
fid3L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Most don't play with a 25000 dollar car in the snow

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
Is that a joke?

$25k is a cheap car nowadays.
testify is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 PM   #145 (permalink)
VIP Member

in relative terms if buying new.

but it's still not cheap compared to a $1,000 Jeep to throw around during the winter months.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #146 (permalink)

Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_blur47 View Post
I wasn't being sarcastic?
Lolol I'm aware.

Further reiterating my point
HeelsandEers is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy7 View Post
yes u can. Im looking at the part catolog rite here. I work in honda parts.
You're so wrong, it hurts to laugh.
iamchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #148 (permalink)
VIP Member

are you trying to say that the engine is one with the ENTIRE exhaust setup ?

lol

you change from the flange of the head down, much easier and cheaper.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #149 (permalink)

Sean
I think that both cars will serve their purpose honestly, as sport compacts. One is better project car (FRS) it would be better around a track and on the strip. RWD platforms have been proven as better high HP and handling platforms.

And the Civic will prove as a better DD, with FWD, great reliability, great gas mileage etc.

Stock vs. Stock I would say that it will be an even playing field. Even with simple suspension upgrades and bolt ons I can not see this FRS leaving the Si in the dust lets be honest.

If the Civic beats this car round the track/on the strip it would not be the first time the Civic came out as "the victorious underdog", or the first time it has a built a more purpose built sports car.

So for all of you doubting the Civic don't be so quick to discredit it. And all of you talking about parasthetic the FRS will suffer from being RWD, lets be real. It will lose more than the Civic, but not such a significant amount that it would be race changing. The places you see crazy amounts of drivetrain loss to RWD cars are in truck and cars with a significant amount of torque, as compared to these little Jap tuners
StatuatoryGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
are you trying to say that the engine is one with the ENTIRE exhaust setup ?

lol

you change from the flange of the head down, much easier and cheaper.
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. All I said was header. You can run a test pipe on any car, reason why we prefer headers = better gains.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #151 (permalink)
VIP Member

that is a header...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #152 (permalink)

Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamchris View Post
I never said that, don't put words in my mouth. All I said was header. You can run a test pipe on any car, reason why we prefer headers = better gains.
I agree. Buying an bolt on header isnt an option for the new 9thgen but it can always be cut and tweaked. Then again anybody can cut something off an engine and attempt at making something better, if they know what they are doing it could be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatuatoryGrapes View Post
I think that both cars will serve their purpose honestly, as sport compacts. One is better project car (FRS) it would be better around a track and on the strip. RWD platforms have been proven as better high HP and handling platforms.

And the Civic will prove as a better DD, with FWD, great reliability, great gas mileage etc.

Stock vs. Stock I would say that it will be an even playing field. Even with simple suspension upgrades and bolt ons I can not see this FRS leaving the Si in the dust lets be honest.

If the Civic beats this car round the track/on the strip it would not be the first time the Civic came out as "the victorious underdog", or the first time it has a built a more purpose built sports car.

So for all of you doubting the Civic don't be so quick to discredit it. And all of you talking about parasthetic the FRS will suffer from being RWD, lets be real. It will lose more than the Civic, but not such a significant amount that it would be race changing. The places you see crazy amounts of drivetrain loss to RWD cars are in truck and cars with a significant amount of torque, as compared to these little Jap tuners
Agreed. You should check out the motor trend.write up on this car. The fr-s is actually slower 0-60. But I think it will make a great fun and track car just as the civic will continue to be very reliable and a great dd.

Quote:
in relative terms if buying new.

but it's still not cheap compared to a $1,000 Jeep to throw around during the winter months.
Exactly. Im not saying 25 isnt affordable. Just not something to buy and play with in the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testify View Post
Is that a joke?

$25k is a cheap car nowadays.
Not at all. You can say 25 is a cheaper car nowdays sure. But how many common people that make 35-40 a year each will buy a 25k car and then go play in the snow with it was the point. Not common practice. My average job salary est based on the snowy state of

Sent via Cam Hend's tab
Campton9th is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #153 (permalink)

Sean
Not just a great DD but a very fun one, lets be honest ask almost anybody on this you can beat the piss out of it their civic, make them pretty quick for an N/A 4 cyl. and still a great track car.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:

You can't be serious. The fr-s is lighter, it has more torque, its rwd, and it's over design goals were to build a very good handling car. If the outgoing gen 2.0 gets better lap times around a track, what do you think the fr-s will do?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
that is a header...
No. This is a header

This is a test pipe

All a test pipe does is eliminate the cat.

A header is a completely redesigned exhaust header that improves the flow efficient of exhaust gases to increase gains, after market ones often extend the piping further to erase the cat as well. A header is NOT a test pipe.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #156 (permalink)
EJ8

After market downpipe

Stock

Cat delete.

Last edited by EJ8; 02-01-2012 at 07:02 PM.
EJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
No. This is a header

This is a test pipe

All a test pipe does is eliminate the cat.

A header is a completely redesigned exhaust header that improves the flow efficient of exhaust gases to increase gains, after market ones often extend the piping further to erase the cat as well. A header is NOT a test pipe.

That's not a knife, this is a knife!

testify is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #158 (permalink)

Sean
Quote:
You can't be serious. The fr-s is lighter, it has more torque, its rwd, and it's over design goals were to build a very good handling car. If the outgoing gen 2.0 gets better lap times around a track, what do you think the fr-s will do?
So just because it is RWD and it's specs seem good on paper we should discredit current civics? And don't forget that we are completely speculating as to what the 2013 Civic Si will be like.

Also the FRS is already known to be slower than the Si from not to sixty. The fact that the Civic is not sloppy around a track coupled with the fact that it is already quicker in acceleration, makes me think that the Civic will not be blown away STOCK FOR STOCK.

Maybe you didn't read my post thoroughly or maybe you did. But until the FRS comes out and proves me wrong I am sticking to the opinion I have expressed in my posts, if you disagree then cool
Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
So just because it is RWD and it's specs seem good on paper we should discredit current civics? And don't forget that we are completely speculating as to what the 2013 Civic Si will be like.

Also the FRS is already known to be slower than the Si from not to sixty. The fact that the Civic is not sloppy around a track coupled with the fact that it is already quicker in acceleration, makes me think that the Civic will not be blown away STOCK FOR STOCK.

Maybe you didn't read my post thoroughly or maybe you did. But until the FRS comes out and proves me wrong I am sticking to the opinion I have expressed in my posts, if you disagree then cool
Listen you're new here, so you've probably been drinking the honda kool-aid since you've just bought the car. That's ok I'll go easy on ya.

Really you wanna publish mag numbers? Mag numbers are always all over the place. Unless the mag tests them side by side you won't get a good comparison just by going by that.
Again straight line acceleration will be so pathetically close it'll be a drivers race through and through. I don't even see how that could be a point. Ok the civic is .2 seconds quicker its clearly the better car (sarcasm).

Speculating on the 2013 civic? Have you ever seen a Honda refresh? It'll be some new front bumper, a little change in the interior and mild tweaks here and there. Nothing spectacular will come of it.

Again on a race track, or in autocross. The fr-s will out lap the civic by a good margin. It'll corner better, it'll accelerate out of an apex earlier, it'll brake faster. All those things will add up to seconds in difference between the two on a track. So all the civic has is, similar acceleration time to the fr-s.

To those calling the civic practical. The civic coupe vs the fr-s. I mean really, there's hardly any difference in practicality between the two. The sedan however does have an edge on it, atleast in that department.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 View Post
After market downpipe

Stock

Cat delete.
uh right, nothing more than a cat delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.