I VTEC Sticker - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
kdb

I VTEC Sticker

Anybody take the I-VTEC sticker off the sides of your Si? I'm debating doing this. I think it would look cleaner without it. The only thing i'm worried about is sticky residue or messed up paint where the stickers were at. Any techniques or suggestions on how to remove them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb
Anybody take the I-VTEC sticker off the sides of your Si? I'm debating doing this. I think it would look cleaner without it. The only thing i'm worried about is sticky residue or messed up paint where the stickers were at. Any techniques or suggestions on how to remove them?

goo gone.....

organiz3d_chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb
It comes right off. No glue or anything. I would take it off when it is warm out though.
Sam388 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
kdb

Really? It seems like it's one there good. I'll try it to see if I can get it off.
kdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Joel
my passanger side one came off on its own and the driver side started to come off so i just ripped it off all with in a month of owning the car i didnt really care i think they look tacky anyway
o and the badges on the back come off real easy also
jcxcr4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

both of mine came off without too much issue. pick at one side of it until you can get a good half inch between your fingers, then pull left to right or right to left slowly.

if you have adhesive left, goo gone does work, as does bug/tar remover. but be sure to wipe all that stuff clean off the car after you're done, and then wax that area. the removers can be pretty harsh on the paint and you'll want to reprotect the paint where you used the remover, just in case you're using an especially strong substance. I use an acetate (i think) liquid that is AMAZING at getting tar and bug stuff off but I received the strictest instrucitons to care for the paint immediately afterward.

oh and by the way: no regrets. everytime i see my bro's Si, i truly think it's much cleaner w/o the decal.
RedSIinPA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Will
But it's the decal that gives the car the rev happy let's crack vtec feel atleast for it does my sticker stay's on lol.
...WillSI07... is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...WillSI07...
But it's the decal that gives the car the rev happy let's crack vtec feel atleast for it does my sticker stay's on lol.
I think it looks Sooooooo much better with out it.
Skyline4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
kdb

Done! The drivers side gave me a few problems because i wasnt careful enough. The passenger side came off no problem. A little goo gone, soap and water, and then wax and it looks great. Now i just need to figure out how i'm going to get the extra horespower back that those stickers provided.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

A/Cst.D.F.Abate
I'm all for a clean look, however, Si's aren't too much visually different than the EX or LX, except the wing & exhaust & stickers. I'm gonna have the factory i-vtec but make the DOHC in red. It'll look tight against white.
si_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

Luke... I have cookies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb
Done! The drivers side gave me a few problems because i wasnt careful enough. The passenger side came off no problem. A little goo gone, soap and water, and then wax and it looks great. Now i just need to figure out how i'm going to get the extra horespower back that those stickers provided.
for that kind of power, you'll need to boost, put it on the bottle, or add a yellow CIVIC sticker to the front windshield with a big white honda H in the middle of the back window. Your choice, some are more expensive than others...
Toxis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
kdb

Good idea. I was also thinking of adding some Japanese characters to the back window. I heard those give huge HP gains.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Luke... I have cookies!
only if they're on a white license plate and have vinyl stickers for the letters and numbers. Plus, you gotta have some random set of numbers or 5150 because you're CRAZY!!!
Toxis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
kdb

Maybe I'll leave an autocross number painted on the doors so people know that i'm super fast.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by si_civic
I'm all for a clean look, however, Si's aren't too much visually different than the EX or LX, except the wing & exhaust & stickers. I'm gonna have the factory i-vtec but make the DOHC in red. It'll look tight against white.

Yea and it pisses me off, I am in a small town and there is only one other 8th gen civic in town, NBP civic EX, and he decided to put an Si wing on his car, so now the only visual differnce between mine and his is the Si, wheels, and sticker... and he wants a sticker that says SOHC instead of DOHC... I get tired of people yelling at me because they think I am him.....
organiz3d_chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by si_civic
Another reason why I love Fiji Blue.

I'm getting an HFP kit soon. They come with stickers. I like the look without it but at least I'll have the stickers should I change my mind.
atruhondagrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

A/Cst.D.F.Abate
Quote:
Originally Posted by organiz3d_chaos
Yea and it pisses me off, I am in a small town and there is only one other 8th gen civic in town, NBP civic EX, and he decided to put an Si wing on his car, so now the only visual differnce between mine and his is the Si, wheels, and sticker... and he wants a sticker that says SOHC instead of DOHC... I get tired of people yelling at me because they think I am him.....

arrrgh!!

My friend a while back had a nice 98 civic hatch, but transformed it into a Type R clone (B18-C8 ..C5 ?) very very clean, just a type R sticker, and the JDM factory kit. There was a dude in town trying SOOOO hard to copy him, it was hard to distinguish him from the other. I hate posers.

I swear on this one: My current truck has a nice 7" lift, 35" tires gunmetal rims and now it seems EVERYONE is doing the darker rims on trucks.

Hard to keep original in a small city of 80,000

-Darryl
si_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.