8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

09 spioler third brake light swap

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  civicsifg2 
#1 · (Edited)
09 spoiler third brake light swap

Anyone consider doing this? I kinda don't like the all red one on my 08 fg2. Honda said $60.00 plus tax. I think it would look nicer on my NHBP. Not sure if its worth the dough. Has anyone seen any aftermarket ones that look nice?

#3 · (Edited)
I personally don't think they look that good. What's wrong with keeping it red anyways? It matches the tail lights, JDM emblems if you have them, and of course the Si emblem. Now if you have a light colored car like white or silver then it may look decent because it'll blend in with the spoiler but other than that no thanks. I bet if it was reversed (the new brake light being red and the old being clear) then people would be lining up to switch their clear ones out for red ones.

#9 ·
Clear lights are so 1990s. Its funny how manufactures are so slow to catching on what is stylish and what isnt. I can name a few current cars with clear taillights that look nasty. 07 impreza, 07 mazda 6, and alot of other newish cars. BUT most people like them. so what can ya do about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.