Official Honda Reflash Information - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Official Honda Reflash Information

Ok guys, I work over at the dealer and guess what I saw today? Yup I saw the real reflash stuff, what to do to go get it, what VINs are affected by it, etc. Unfortunately my dealer has a screwed up version of that HDS update but you can go to any honda dealership and get this reflash for free. There is no way in hell that you should get charged for it. Its just like anything else under warranty. Those that are told that they have to pay for this reflash should tell their dealer to go to hell. All dealers have access to IN (Honda Interactive) and can see this same information.

The VIN range is 2HGFG2...6H700001 - 2HGFG2...6H707606.

BACKGROUND INFO: Some customers may notice the engine RPM does not immediately drop when shifting gears and/or the vehicle surges when driving in 1st gear.

Basically the last 8 of the VIN are all that matters. My car doesnt fall in this range so thats why its not a problem for me. The way that its written is that this will IMPROVE but not eliminate the characteristics in the background informaion.

The bulletin # is 06-052. The operation code is 125517 and it should take about 1/2 an hour to an hour total. You dont need to leave your car there overnight or anything. Its not brain surgery.

So if you're in that affected range, make an appointment to your dealer and get it done.

That is all. :SHOCKED:

I see caveman74 beat me to it but its alot easier to have it right here as the first post instead of page 3,094 and the 6th post on the page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2006, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

8thcivic.com member #15
Good info. Sticky material.
2fast4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

My vin ends with 711011 and doesn't fall in that range. But I am still experiencing the lag and hag. Will they still reflash mine>??
Yo Nadz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

tex
Just had it done today!!! Major difference!! I am almost positive I felt the engine running better? Even smoother. No more bucking (hesitation) in first and second gear. Now when I shift and lift of the gas, it difinitely drops to almost idle rpms. It is most noticeable when coming to a stop and take it out of gear and using the brakes to stop. As soon as I take it out of gear, the rpms immediately drop. Before today, When I did that, the rpms would hang at whatever it was at (3000, 3500, 4000) for a two seconds and slowly drop. I also have the sensation of more power and less chances of the limiter light kicking in early. I drove it very hard on the highway. I got it up to close to 8000 rpms in second, third and fourth and was at 95 mph in no time!! phew, I was lucky traffic was light and no cops around!! One other feeling I have is that my gas mileage will see some improvement with the rpms not hanging like it was before.
See attached.

PS, update. I have gained better mpg avg from 23.5 to 26 mpg avg.

Last edited by sonitex; 09-14-2006 at 03:08 PM.
sonitex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

tex
Bumped. Get the word out to all Si owners!!!
sonitex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hmm.. I am 704649, guess I should call the dealership.
larryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
VIP Member

J. M. back by popular demand!
I fall outside the range, but I do have the surging in 1st and 2nd until I get 2 bars on the temp guage and I have slight rev hang...
Old 08-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

I got mine reflashed yesterday, and anyone thinking that the rev hang is a little annoying has no idea until its fixed. Ive read a few post from people that think this was a way for honda to make the mpg's better or honda did it on purpose for some reason, but after the reflash I realized it was a big problem. Anyone thinking about doing this, go!! Use the service bulletin number and if they want to give you a hard time, stress the fact that it is affecting the driveability of your new car. Don't take no for an answer, it is a great improvement for our beloved si's.
accord2si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Frown. Im 707067. I was up at Honda dealership the other day buying touchup paint and I talked to their service manager, he said my VIN wasn't in the range. Now this says I am. Closest Honda dealer other than there is like 45 min away. Guess its time for a phonecall to them and a drive on Monday when I'm off.
CMByrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonitex
Just had it done today!!! Major difference!! I am almost positive I felt the engine running better? Even smoother. No more bucking (hesitation) in first and second gear. Now when I shift and lift of the gas, it difinitely drops to almost idle rpms. It is most noticeable when coming to a stop and take it out of gear and using the brakes to stop. As soon as I take it out of gear, the rpms immediately drop. Before today, When I did that, the rpms would hang at whatever it was at (3000, 3500, 4000) for a two seconds and slowly drop. I also have the sensation of more power and less chances of the limiter light kicking in early. I drove it very hard on the highway. I got it up to close to 8000 rpms in second, third and fourth and was at 95 mph in no time!! phew, I was lucky traffic was light and no cops around!! One other feeling I have is that my gas mileage will see some improvement with the rpms not hanging like it was before.
See attached.

I noticed the odd changes too on the way home.I thought I was trying to convince myself that the car felt.... a little more free or lighter, more well behaved. Well, well for what i do to it on the highway.
atruhondagrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruhondagrl
I noticed the odd changes too on the way home.I thought I was trying to convince myself that the car felt.... a little more free or lighter, more well behaved. Well, well for what i do to it on the highway.
same here, seems like the engine revs a bit quicker.....or more free. hard to explain. it just runs smoother.
BLU BY U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

If you need the reflash and you're near Long Island, go to Baron Honda and tell them you need service bulletin 06-052 performed on the car because RPMs aren't decreasing between shifts. Weekday appointments only, they won't do it on a Saturday in case they need help from Honda. Atlantic Honda can't give a straight answer whether they have the update of not and Yonkers Honda claims they haven't received it yet.

Has anybody got a message of this reflash when they log into Honda.com to check their service info?
DNieves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNieves
If you need the reflash and you're near Long Island, go to Baron Honda and tell them you need service bulletin 06-052 performed on the car because RPMs aren't decreasing between shifts. Weekday appointments only, they won't do it on a Saturday in case they need help from Honda. Atlantic Honda can't give a straight answer whether they have the update of not and Yonkers Honda claims they haven't received it yet.

Has anybody got a message of this reflash when they log into Honda.com to check their service info?
You're referring to Owner Link. Owner link showed nothing for my VIN. It was the same at my dealership and through Honda direct. I sat in the car today while the service guy ran the program. He plugged it in, the HDS read my ECU. The program stated that ".... updates are available..." So, he downloaded them. That HDS is coooooool. It runs off of windows. My car feels normal now.
atruhondagrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Glad to hear other people stating that the engine felt different after the reflash. I am still trying to put my finger on just exactly what is different with mine. (Aside from the rev hang and surging in 1st gear being gone) But as others have said already....it just runs smoother. Good a way as any to put it.
MaKo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for the update guys and gals. I'll check with my dealership about the HDS upgrade for the ECU.
acetech808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Doraemon!

Marc
wonder if the reflash is available in Vancouver... i'll call my dealer tomorrow.
marc-o-lishuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

re-flash is not available in Canada... yet

it sucks balls (save as) http://members.shaw.ca/civic_si/three.avi
Civic_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

DnL Performance
The two dealerships in by my house are worthless. Neither of them know what version of HDS they are running. I am about to go up there and let them hear it, cuz I want the reflash. One said he would check what version of HDS they are running and call me back, but I haven't heard back yet.
HAQER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Doraemon!

Marc
yeah... just called my dealership - they don't have it. i wonder if i can do the reflash in the States... just drive down to Seattle and find a Honda dealership there.
marc-o-lishuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

DnL Performance
I just got back from a Honda dealership like 30mins from my house and finally someone in houston that knows what i am talking about. Only problem was that I got there 30mins before service closed and they coulnd't apply it.

I was almost in my car when I turned around and went back in there and made him print me out a copy of the service bulletin. At first he said that he might not be able to give it to me but I told him I drove so far and I need something to show my local dealer. He finally printed it out and I have it here.
I called my local dealers and all of a sudden, everyone and their moms can find it. One girl said she couldn't find it so I offered to fax it there and then I had to tell her to go to her computer where they look it up and go to:

Service Bulletins
Scroll down almost to the bottom

I was watching the Honda guy very closely when he was pulling up the bulletin.

The dimensions of the picture are too big for me to put in this post so e-mail me at zainhaq@hotmail.com if you want me to send it to you. I was in a hurry so I just scanned it at whatever setting it was at.

If your dealer says they dont know about it, take this to them and be like, "HAH, I TOLD YOU SO, MOTHER!%@#$&." OK, Well, I probably wouldn't say that since they are about to work on your car, but you get the idea.

My local dealer found the service bulletin now but says that they still don't have that version of HDS and that he'll call me whenever they get it. I am just gonna drive 30mins back to that dealership on Monday morning and drop off my car and have my sis take me to work. I won't be able to wait another week to have this done.

Last edited by HAQER; 08-12-2006 at 06:01 PM.
HAQER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.