Official Honda Reflash Information - Page 8 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #141 (permalink)

Chance McDurgin
check page 4
AXIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 03:57 AM   #142 (permalink)

i went to concord honda and gave them the info and they refused me my vin is702018
what2blink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2006, 05:44 AM   #143 (permalink)

For those who didn't get the flash yet we are out of luck. Honda has lowered the vin's so alot will fall out its range. So what is listed is no longer valid. Tried to get it and was refused, due to the updated bulletin. Sucks
acetech808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #144 (permalink)

Might of been why I had a problem. Rather them, trying to figure out how to get paid. They pulled up a list of recall issues for my car but it wasn't listed. Since I had the service bulletin in hand they could not dispute that there was a problem/fix. The mechanic hooked my car up to the HDS and the update showed up so they gave it to me.
tommyroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 AM   #145 (permalink)

tex
I had my ASM Si I bought in April and was reflashed in Aug. Worked great. Fixed the surging in first and second, and the rev hang. Traded it in Sept. with a build date of 08/06, HRP with Nav. Guess what? It has the same issue. Dropping it off tonight so they duplicat the problem first thing tomorrow.
sonitex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #146 (permalink)

Luke... I have cookies!
just called and setup a time to get the reflash done. Hopefully this will fix it. They didn't even ask for the bulletin number or anything. Guess they were aware of it. lol
Toxis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #147 (permalink)

Justin aka Mr. JT
Exclamation Denied

I went to the dealer today to have them look into the RPM hang issue that alot of us are having, hesitation/surging when engine is cold and for the front bumper paint flaking. They had the car all day. First I was waitnig to get picked up and saw the tech leave with my car to go on rad test. He practicly had both wheels spining .! I heard him bounce off the revlimiter like he was playing pinball on my tach! I got picked up and had to call them twice to see what was up. The said they took it out twice and could not duplicate the problem. They said i could come in and pick it up. I dropped it off at 8:30 and didn't get it back till 3:30 just to here them tell me nothing. As for the paint flaking they said a REP was going to get involved and they would call me.
Honda 1pt Fiji06Si13 0pt
fiji06si13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 PM   #148 (permalink)

Dan
Mine definately has the problems also, but I fall way out of the range at like 712242. So does this mean that I am SOL?!
d-mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #149 (permalink)

Luke... I have cookies!
depends on the dealer from what I'm understanding. My dealership gave me the "NO!" real fast. Now I'm trying another dealership. Then I'll try a third one. If still nothing, I'm going straight to corporate. No reason to just let this be an issue.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:53 AM   #150 (permalink)

hmm, I just got mine in Sept. it doesn't surge like you guys are talking about, but it does have the annoying RPM hang when rpms are over 3500-4000. I thought it was strange the first time I drove it. guess I'll be calling them tomorrow and finding out what the deal is....
bradmanuwf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #151 (permalink)

Luke... I have cookies!
ok, so the second dealership told me the same thing. "Your car doesn't have any updates. We'll call you if that changes." F that! There is obviously a problem, FIX IT! This is starting to get aggrivating.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #152 (permalink)

Ricky-Bobby
I got mine reflashed. Mine is in the vin range and I told them it's doing what the description says on the bulletin. "It surges" and I got it reflashed. BUT, I regret it... I bought my Si slightly used, and it has a couple mods on it.... I'm about 80% sure it had Hondata on there because now the car feels so slow.
maiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #153 (permalink)

Weeeee! I just made it. Mine is .......7567. I'll take it in when I get my oil change.

I can tell you the rev hang and lurch is driving me nuts. Since I don't drive as much as I used to, the car usually sits for a few days between drives. When I pull out of the garage, I can't even drive in first gear because the car lurches uncontrollably for the first few hundred feet. :Mad:
woohoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #154 (permalink)

thanks guys it really does help
silverciv06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #155 (permalink)

Location: funny thing about my back is, is its located on my c**k!!
Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiku
I got mine reflashed. Mine is in the vin range and I told them it's doing what the description says on the bulletin. "It surges" and I got it reflashed. BUT, I regret it... I bought my Si slightly used, and it has a couple mods on it.... I'm about 80% sure it had Hondata on there because now the car feels so slow.

haha...thats funny...but if it had hondata...i thought they fixed the surging as well..could be wrong though
supersly_jones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 AM   #156 (permalink)

Tom Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo
Weeeee! I just made it. Mine is .......7567. I'll take it in when I get my oil change.

I can tell you the rev hang and lurch is driving me nuts. Since I don't drive as much as I used to, the car usually sits for a few days between drives. When I pull out of the garage, I can't even drive in first gear because the car lurches uncontrollably for the first few hundred feet. :Mad:
I had mine reflash not because of the rev hang but the surging when the car is still cold. It did make it a little better but it still surges until it warms up a tad. My advice either start out in second or only accellerate very slowly when she is still cold.
Tom1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2006, 02:04 AM   #157 (permalink)

I had my si reflashed a few months ago and damned if I can tell any difference. Still the same rev hang and hesitation in 1st when its cold. How can I figure out if the reflash was even performed?
dtm57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #158 (permalink)

Tom Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm57
I had my si reflashed a few months ago and damned if I can tell any difference. Still the same rev hang and hesitation in 1st when its cold. How can I figure out if the reflash was even performed?
You can't. Trust in your dealership. I know my dealership performed the reflash and I don't see much of a difference either. I even disconnected the battery for an hour and thought that would reset the computer but that didn't help. If you read the bulletin it does state that it may lessen the symptoms but not completely eliminate them. So it isn't a complete fix but just a band aid.
Tom1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #159 (permalink)

Just got mine done yesterday. Wow what a difference.

So much more enjoyable now. Plus, I can drive in traffic again!
woohoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #160 (permalink)

I just picked up an Si and have noticed this "rev hang" compared to my Ex. It's quite strange......I confirmed with the dealership that the ECU reflash was done in October so I guess the car is what it is.
GalaxyGrayMark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.