Official Honda Reflash Information - Page 7 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic SI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #121 (permalink)

John
The Service Manager at my local Honda shop said that I was lucky that my VIN was within range. That way my update was all covered under the normal Honda warranty; otehrwise, he said I might have had to pay for it. He did say that under Honda guidelines, any and all complications with ur car may be brought up with the Service Manager and if they see fit, it may still be covered under Honda warranty.

6spdChick, if u discuss it before hand with ur SM u may be able to sweettalk him into some free service.

I received the Honda ECU update about one week ago, and I'm still having small problems with the 1st gear bucking, but nothing too noticable...But, I have noticed that my car drives even smoother than it did before.

This update won't solve all ur problems, but it'll help.
LunchBoxed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

first gear bucking (and sometimes in second gear, unless I gun the gas)........ Thats the perfect description for what happeneds... I just learn now when it does it to just lay on the gas and once i've gone through the gears it stops. But, it still sucks having to deal with it.
6spdChick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #123 (permalink)
RIP Mom and Dad

Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdChick
lol um i'm on the east coast
yeah, I def had it backwords . no one has any si's on the west coast. I need to go back to 2nd grade and learn my directions again.
NickC89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #124 (permalink)

C.K.
I just had my check engine light checked yesterday and the tech said it was on becuase my AEM Short Ram was causing a rich warm up. They also found a "Hidden Code" that said my MAF Sensor is bad and before they could try another reflash (I dont know if it is specific for the SRI or not, but the tech made it sound like it was) the MAF needed to be replaced. So, back to waiting again. Also, the tech that replaced my ticking "A" Pillar with a new one that still ticks scratched the crap out of my tint along with the guys that was the car scratch my bumper. I am almost fed up with my dealer and might drive to the other side of town to get work done.
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #125 (permalink)
Banned

Come to the cocoa one .... Also does anyone else have their side airbag light come on? I haven't noticed any special reason that it comes on. But, from time to time it comes on.
6spdChick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #126 (permalink)

New updates? Hmm... interesting... yeah please keep us posted.
taejinah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #127 (permalink)

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdChick
Come to the cocoa one .... Also does anyone else have their side airbag light come on? I haven't noticed any special reason that it comes on. But, from time to time it comes on.
I haven't seen my side airbag light come on, but my passenger airbag seems to turn ON and OFF at its own will when no one is sitting in the seat. It works fine and is always ON as long as someone is sitting there, but the minute they leave it'll turn itself off...then, I'll look back several minutes later and its ON again. Either that or the OFF light is buggin' out on my ride.

I don't want the airbag deployin' if there's no one in the seat. That'll just be somethin' else that needs replacing IF I happen to get in a fender-bender with my front end.:Mad:
LunchBoxed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #128 (permalink)

C.K.
Just got a call from the dealer and the MAF Sensor is on back order, I guess its going to be one thing after another with this car.
rdss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 PM   #129 (permalink)

tex
ok, here's the latest update on my Si bucking in first gear: after they had for two mornings (because it only bucks when engine is cold), between the Honda Tech and the Service Dept, and sending a snap shot of my ECU (which was already updated with the TSB 06-052), they determined that the MAP sensor plug needed more dielectric grease for better contact. The ECu did not require any more updates. Update: This morning, the bucking in first is gone. Apparently, the snap shot sent to Honda Tech isolated the problem to the connector to the sensor and was corrected.

Meanwhile, as my ASM Si was being serviced, I strolled through the showroom, and what do I see???? a Red Habenero Pearl with NAV, while the service dept was finishing the paper work on my ASM Si without NAV, I was already trading up to the HRP w/ NAV with my salesguy. The build date on the HRP Si is 08/06. They gave me 19300.00 for my ASM Si w/o NAV. For the HBP Si with NAV, fogs, 8 cd chgr, pinstripes, all weather floor mats,trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks for OTD $25092.00. Done with my problems. Picking up my HBP Si Monday at 4:30 PM

Last edited by sonitex; 09-07-2006 at 08:14 AM.
sonitex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #130 (permalink)
RIP Mom and Dad

Nick
wow did you get one hell of a deal.

congrats on the new si. how many miles did your ASM Si have?
NickC89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2006, 08:15 AM   #131 (permalink)

tex
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC89
wow did you get one hell of a deal.

congrats on the new si. how many miles did your ASM Si have?
Had 5200 miles..
sonitex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #132 (permalink)

Justin aka Mr. JT
Thumbs up bring mine in next saturday!

I'm bringing mine in on the 7th of october I told the advisor about the problem and they said it might be the TPS! I think that was bull then they procede to tell me that i would have to drop it off and get a loaner. On lexus cars it takes about a Half hour to do a reflash and thats includes prep like hooking the charger to the battery so the votage doesn't go below 12 and setting the scantool up with the right sofware for the right car. Would it really take all day for them to look at my car?
fiji06si13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #133 (permalink)

I actually decided to bring my car in to the dealership.. printed out the bulletin thanks to this board and they knew what to do... I was the first one to have it done there.

after the reflash i notice it's alot easier to take off at first and the rev hang has improved alot... each shift the revs drop almost right away, it's been a week and I should've got this reflash first day it came out.

My car did fall in the VIN range so no problems there.
2evolved is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 AM   #134 (permalink)

Steven
where can i find these service bulletins online? I'm really curious to see...I heard there was yet another update for the ECUs and a potential problem with the rear windows.

Thanks.
stevenshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #135 (permalink)

I just had a reflash the other day and someone said it'll only take 30 min but I had to wait an hour. So I ask the Honda dealership why it took so long, and they said that they also replaced some insulated wiring for SRS or something like that (something to do with the airbags). Don't know if this was a problem they found in my car or if it was a recall of some sort.
phantazma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #136 (permalink)

Justin aka Mr. JT
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantazma
I just had a reflash the other day and someone said it'll only take 30 min but I had to wait an hour. So I ask the Honda dealership why it took so long, and they said that they also replaced some insulated wiring for SRS or something like that (something to do with the airbags). Don't know if this was a problem they found in my car or if it was a recall of some sort.
Great! WTF else can go wrong with these cars lolZ!:Mad:
Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonandre
Guys, I scanned and placed of copy of the official Honda bulletin on page 4 of this very thread. There you will see a list of the affected VINs.
You freaking rock my friend. After reading the reflash was out I called and of course my dealer had no idea. Can't wait to go down there and waggle this paper in their face.
tommyroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #138 (permalink)

my honda reflash gave me the missing 3hp to get to 200.
BLU BY U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #139 (permalink)

Steven
Where can I obtains these bulletins

+1 for me.
stevenshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #140 (permalink)

Justin aka Mr. JT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU BY U
my honda reflash gave me the missing 3hp to get to 200.
lol man just simply lol :owneddanc :gaygiggle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.