***Sedan Pics Thread*** - Page 4 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic Coupe And Sedan

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
KingGreg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 28
Posts: 71
beautiful!
KingGreg86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
It's very snapy, and quick! I love it. I thought the sedan would be a little boring, but after driving a SUV all these years this is very fun to drive. The short throw is very smooth.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrain.org
RLJSlick, how do you like the EX in MT? Fun to drive? Peppy? Thoughts?
RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
Very nice car Slug, I also love those wheels!
RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #64 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tikolx333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug
Here's a pic.
I dont know how to use those websites that store pics for you, so i could only fit one pic.


http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/attac...1&d=1146285007



How did you get that grill black????????

Here are some pics of my car.







My civic coming down from heaven.





His and hers, but mine is better.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2325821/1
Tikolx333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 67
To answer your question about the black grill ...

They did it at the local graphics shop.
They removed the chrome part of the grill (appearently the chrome section can be removed while the main part of the grill stays in place, its just clipped in)
Then they removed the emblem from the chrome section.
Then they applied a decal to the chrome section.
Then they put everything back together.
They charged me $40 canadian.

IMO its a better way to go than painting the grill.
Slug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #66 (permalink)
VIP Member
 
NBPRudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 64,412
Afew pics of my sedan.





NBPRudy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #67 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rpm2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nuxville
Age: 44
Posts: 5,474
Canucks FTW!


That looks so darn good I am truly jealous. Wow as Bob Cole say!
Rpm2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
2006 Civic EX

Hiya guys I have a few more pictures, this time with the front end cover on it.







RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #69 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kenchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,643
ricky- remove the front bra in the rain. your paint is going to cloud up if you keep it on too long. those are only to be used in the dry.

also, those were popular in the 70's and 80's...
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 10:37 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Terrain.org's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 132


I must say, those HFP wheels are still my favorite (that's what those are, right?).
Terrain.org is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
No way dude, I've used them for years, and I never heard of that nor ever had a problem with them in the rain. As far as being from the 80's that's just dumb, I see them everywhere, plus, when you at the shop repainting your bumper because of paint chip damage, don't make me tell you, I told you so. LOL



Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan
ricky- remove the front bra in the rain. your paint is going to cloud up if you keep it on too long. those are only to be used in the dry.

also, those were popular in the 70's and 80's...

Last edited by RLJSlick; 04-29-2006 at 11:03 PM.
RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jandree22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: S Central PA
Age: 31
Posts: 332
RLJSlick, is that the Sportster? I assume you have it hooked into the stock radio via the MP3 jack? How's the SQ through that connection? What's your mounting point for the Sportster?

I have a Kenwood X-679 HU right now direct connected to a Kenwood SR-903 tuner in my Sunfire, but I would have to give that up and go back to my Audiovox PnP2 Sirius tuner if I get a Civic with Navi... thankfully I haven't Ebay'ed it yet
jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 70
RLJSlick
The bra looks good first one i've seen... 70's & 80's WTF??? don't listen to that hater I've never heard of taking off your bra in the rain either.
GGSedan06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kenchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLJSlick
No way dude, I've used them for years, and I never heard of that nor ever had a problem with them in the rain. As far as being from the 80's that's just dumb, I see them everywhere, plus, when you at the shop repainting your bumper because of paint chip damage, don't make me tell you, I told you so. LOL
here, read the owner's manual again (NOTES) and also run a search online on
these leather bra application on cars. you're pretty lucky you didn't
get clouding on your car. you must wax it very often under there.
basically, these bras were made to be used in the dry for temporary
protection for long trips. most car enthusiasts including me will not
use these bras even for temporary protection.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ...alfmask4dr.pdf

about the 80's joke, 3M clearbra's are more popular these days for
front end protection, but again, it was just a joke. you're oldskool
than me... (but i wouldn't be surprised if im 2x or more than your age).

goodluck with your car.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
Hiya Jandree, yes that is a Sportster and it works perfectly in that location. The 12V power and the AUX mini jack are in the perfect location for my unit. I love the sportster because I can pull it out and use it in my truck in seconds. I also have a hookup in the house so if I want to take it indoors. The mount point is a plastic plate under the radio dash, that can be pulled out, I popped the plate off, mounted my sirus mount, popped it back on, it took only about 15 minutes to do. Works very good, sound great!
BTW the SVC (Speed-sensitive Volume Compensation doesn't work though the AUX jack.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jandree22
RLJSlick, is that the Sportster? I assume you have it hooked into the stock radio via the MP3 jack? How's the SQ through that connection? What's your mounting point for the Sportster?

I have a Kenwood X-679 HU right now direct connected to a Kenwood SR-903 tuner in my Sunfire, but I would have to give that up and go back to my Audiovox PnP2 Sirius tuner if I get a Civic with Navi... thankfully I haven't Ebay'ed it yet
RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 08:17 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
Thanks GGSedan, no I never heard that either, and I've had them on my last 4 cars, and I never seen anything like that. Even after all these years, I barely notice the fade difference on the paint. I do understand that Front End Covers (bras= 90's, Front end cover= today) isn't for everyone, but thats why I do it, because I don't want to be like the others. Thanks again G later!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by GGSedan06
RLJSlick
The bra looks good first one i've seen... 70's & 80's WTF??? don't listen to that hater I've never heard of taking off your bra in the rain either.
RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 08:31 AM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
RLJSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 76
Cool that you would find the manual for me, but again, I never had that problem in the past, maybe we don't get enough rain in Wisconsin to apply.
I can tell, you never own one, because as temporary as you say they are, they are a ***** to take on and off, only take them off in the winter time, or when you wax your car. The manual will of course say something like that for liabilities issues, they don't want to get sued. The cell phone companies tell you to also pull over in your car to use the cell phone, well you know where I'm leading.
As far as the 80's thing, no worries dude, we are all in this together, and Different Strokes for Different folks(now that's from the 80's). As far as "enthusiast", again that is a matter of opinion, I consider myself a car enthusiast also, so what do that mean? I even saw a Toyota Prius with one on at the Chicago Auto Show this year, you sure not gonna tell me the Prius is from the 80's!
I also bet you $10 that you're not twice my age!!!
Have a good one!



Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan
here, read the owner's manual again (NOTES) and also run a search online on
these leather bra application on cars. you're pretty lucky you didn't
get clouding on your car. you must wax it very often under there.
basically, these bras were made to be used in the dry for temporary
protection for long trips. most car enthusiasts including me will not
use these bras even for temporary protection.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/civ...alfmask4dr.pdf

about the 80's joke, 3M clearbra's are more popular these days for
front end protection, but again, it was just a joke. you're oldskool
than me... (but i wouldn't be surprised if im 2x or more than your age).

goodluck with your car.
RLJSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jandree22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: S Central PA
Age: 31
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLJSlick
I love the sportster because I can pull it out and use it in my truck in seconds. I also have a hookup in the house so if I want to take it indoors.
Reasons I miss my PnP2... plus the S-Seek feature!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLJSlick
Works very good, sound great!
BTW the SVC (Speed-sensitive Volume Compensation doesn't work though the AUX jack.
meh, not a big deal. I'd rather give up SVC for a direct connection... thanks for the warning though
jandree22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #79 (permalink)
VIP Member
 
NBPRudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 64,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrain.org


I must say, those HFP wheels are still my favorite (that's what those are, right?).
Thanks
Yup they are the Acura version,I think they are the same just no sticker.
NBPRudy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kenchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,643
Actually i have had a few of them on my previous cars, but only used
them on cross country trips. they are a biatch to put on as you said...

it did what it was suppose to do.... to protect the paint from chips.
i guess you went for the cosmetic change. keep us posted on how
your paint holds up (and i don't mean it in a sarcastic way, btw).


Quote:
Originally Posted by RLJSlick
I can tell, you never own one, because as temporary as you say they are, they are a ***** to take on and off, only take them off in the winter time, or when you wax your car.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the K-series meet at Markham (lots of pics) 954K20_SI South 20 02-09-2011 10:11 AM
Help Me Find Pics.... Kabs Civic SI 10 04-07-2008 09:50 PM
random pics of my FG2..my old focus and and SRT-4 (lots 0 pics) 954K20_SI Introduction & Pictures 18 12-31-2006 02:07 PM
06 Civic Si Pics SEMA 2005! Plus my 06 SI TeamNightIllusionsCivic Dealership Experience 7 11-09-2005 02:53 PM
BRAND new 2006 civic production pics INCLUDES INTERIOR 56k go get a coffee 02boostlessVIC Garage 14 08-18-2005 01:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
copyright 8thcivic.com - all rights reserved