Official "What did you do to the R18 today" thread - Page 186 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic Coupe And Sedan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #3701 (permalink)

DraculaPerez has their car in neutral right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjs_civic View Post
I finally installed my footwell lights and took pics. I was able to bundle and ziptie all the wires underneath the shifter for a clean install with no exposed wires. Any wires under the dash have been ziptied out of sight. I still am waiting for my red dome light to come, and the next lights I would work on are courtesy lights in the doors and install the map light module (came with none since mine is a Canadian base model civic). That will be a lot of wiring, but this car has been giving me a lot of wiring experience. Here's some pics, this kit was from LedGlow. They make some good stuff. Sorry for all the salt stains, Canadian winter here. And this was after cleaning my car and the mats that day, lol.

I just bought a kit from them 2 days ago but it's the 7 colors one, what did you use as the power source? I will try to install mine myself when I get it.

Last edited by DraculaPerez; 04-13-2017 at 06:13 AM.
DraculaPerez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #3702 (permalink)

Also I just received mod #1 for my 2010 civic ex today, K&N SRI, I'm excited lol I'm not really a car guy but I'll be getting into this little by little trying to install all the mods I can by myself. Any thoughts about the throttle body spacer? Been hearing good and bad reviews, also heard good dyno readings, if so what brand do y'all recommend? I live in Texas ^_^

Attached Thumbnails
Official "What did you do to the R18 today" thread-1492078083719118907209_1492078145571.jpg  
Old 04-14-2017, 12:41 AM   #3703 (permalink)

Jen
jnjs_civic just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaPerez View Post
I just bought a kit from them 2 days ago but it's the 7 colors one, what did you use as the power source? I will try to install mine myself when I get it.
I used an add a fuse and tapped one of the fuse slots under the dash. I'd have to check which one, so far no problems at all. Cool that you're getting the 7 colour one, you definitely won't get bored with that because you can just change it whenever you want. So far I'm not tired of the red yet lol
jnjs_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #3704 (permalink)

Mike
hfp sohc just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraculaPerez View Post
Also I just received mod #1 for my 2010 civic ex today, K&N SRI, I'm excited lol I'm not really a car guy but I'll be getting into this little by little trying to install all the mods I can by myself. Any thoughts about the throttle body spacer? Been hearing good and bad reviews, also heard good dyno readings, if so what brand do y'all recommend? I live in Texas ^_^
the tbs is not worth it...and will maybe trow a code in your car....
and if really want one...get the P2R
hfp sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #3705 (permalink)

Raph
-raqh- just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
I'm happy with mine, I don't feel it anymore but when I first installed it I noticed the throttle was more direct from a complete stop and shifting low gears felt smoother. Couldn't say if it did anything in terms of hp or torque but the more direct feel alone felt good enough for it to be worth it IMO. Now I'm used to it and don't even know it's there.

No CEL in my case, the previous owner did the mod/bypass in the gasket which is needed (there a tread somewhere about it here). And I did the idle learning too.

Put on my refinished SSR type-C Comp, new lugnuts and changed the Si exhaust tip to something more subtle. Will clean the car and take some pics soon.
-raqh- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #3706 (permalink)

Today I received my reverse camera that goes on the reverse mirror screen, and also the footwell LEDglow package, I'll try to install then myself later today and also have to open my drivers door before I change the tint because there's something scratching it inside and leaving an ugly ripped line in the middle
Old 04-16-2017, 03:42 AM   #3707 (permalink)

Megaman X just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Finally got my r18 boosted it's snailed up! Picked it up from shop this morning I Was collection parts off here etc for awhile before I finally got lots installed. I bought my kit used off this forum 2 yrs ago but it had some major issues. I ended up buying a lot of missing parts including a new bigger turbo. Tune incoming still have to install my weapon r intake and skunk 2 cam. Pics and YouTube video links below

Megaman X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #3708 (permalink)

Mike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -raqh- View Post
I'm happy with mine, I don't feel it anymore but when I first installed it I noticed the throttle was more direct from a complete stop and shifting low gears felt smoother. Couldn't say if it did anything in terms of hp or torque but the more direct feel alone felt good enough for it to be worth it IMO. Now I'm used to it and don't even know it's there.

No CEL in my case, the previous owner did the mod/bypass in the gasket which is needed (there a tread somewhere about it here). And I did the idle learning too.

Put on my refinished SSR type-C Comp, new lugnuts and changed the Si exhaust tip to something more subtle. Will clean the car and take some pics soon.

been a while since ive seen your ride bro!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #3709 (permalink)

Raph
-raqh- just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfp sohc View Post
been a while since ive seen your ride bro!
Yeah, it's coming soon!
-raqh- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #3710 (permalink)

butzdarren just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Installed an iSimple CarConnect today (can't link to it, but look it up), and I'm absolutely loving it! Got it for $80 off Amazon. I wanted to add bluetooth/ upgrade the head unit, but I have the premium audio and that can be a daunting/ expensive task. This CarConnect thing integrates bluetooth like the stereo was built for it. All the radio controls work to control my phone, I can answer/decline phone calls, activate Siri, and the song/artist names show on the radio just like when playing a CD. And I get to retain all the stock CD/XM/AUX capabilities. Highly recommend this for anyone who wants to integrate bluetooth with the stock radio.
butzdarren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 07:50 AM   #3711 (permalink)

Mike
Garage
throw back in time!lol.....
Old 04-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #3712 (permalink)
R18 Qship

Ed
EdNaviEx just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by butzdarren View Post
Installed an iSimple CarConnect today (can't link to it, but look it up), and I'm absolutely loving it! Got it for $80 off Amazon. I wanted to add bluetooth/ upgrade the head unit, but I have the premium audio and that can be a daunting/ expensive task. This CarConnect thing integrates bluetooth like the stereo was built for it. All the radio controls work to control my phone, I can answer/decline phone calls, activate Siri, and the song/artist names show on the radio just like when playing a CD. And I get to retain all the stock CD/XM/AUX capabilities. Highly recommend this for anyone who wants to integrate bluetooth with the stock radio.
Amazon? Wow, that's awesome. I 've been wanted (already got a used BlueFusion for my factory NAV, but have YET to hook it up). I'd love to have my steering wheel buttons for music search (I will as soon as I find time to do it.......)
EdNaviEx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #3713 (permalink)

Bjorn1349 just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Allright so been a while, got the first part off the car cause I've been lazy. Hate starting over so since I can't post pics just PM me and i can email you.

Anyone want the Boomba upper torque mount? Any of you turbo guys?

I know boomba isn't making these any more. I don't have the lower mount but I found this part had some serious bang for the buck. Really puts the power down, what little there is. I will say this piece will give you some serious interior rattles at low RPM. Over 2500 and it settles down a lot but stop and go traffic is pretty harsh.

It's black with some discoloration in the anodized finish but the part itself is in good shape.

EDIT: Megaman you interested? You've been more than helpful in the past when i was putting my car together.
Bjorn1349 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 01:17 PM   #3714 (permalink)

Weapon R IM is off the car and the stock plastic one is back on. What a PITA that was! I should have the car flashed back to stock soon, just waiting on a replacement air box and elbow. Once that's on I should have the TBS available too.

PS my old forum name was RIPNix. Joined in 11' lost the account with the massive PW breach that happened. Heh, college email long gone.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:59 PM   #3715 (permalink)

Megaman X just put it into 1st gear on 8thcivic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn1349 View Post
Weapon R IM is off the car and the stock plastic one is back on. What a PITA that was! I should have the car flashed back to stock soon, just waiting on a replacement air box and elbow. Once that's on I should have the TBS available too.

PS my old forum name was RIPNix. Joined in 11' lost the account with the massive PW breach that happened. Heh, college email long gone.

Oh what's up ripin. Yea this forum is like dead all the excitement gone. He'll I remember when the r18 guys were all about turbo power engine bays etc now it's like let's install led lights.

You turboed your car or just got mod parts? what do you have? As you know I have a lot I mean a lot of r18 parts have to show out and be impressive. I need to put some more updated pics strut bar on more bolts changed to passwordjdm I now have chameleon fog lights etc. I'm about to install my neo ti weapon r intake manifold in like two weeks or so then tune this monster
Megaman X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2017, 03:36 PM   #3716 (permalink)

Lol, I just typed out a long post. Its in mod q waiting for approval.
Old 04-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #3717 (permalink)

Mike
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman X View Post
Oh what's up ripin. Yea this forum is like dead all the excitement gone. He'll I remember when the r18 guys were all about turbo power engine bays etc now it's like let's install led lights.

You turboed your car or just got mod parts? what do you have? As you know I have a lot I mean a lot of r18 parts have to show out and be impressive. I need to put some more updated pics strut bar on more bolts changed to passwordjdm I now have chameleon fog lights etc. I'm about to install my neo ti weapon r intake manifold in like two weeks or so then tune this monster
the good old years are way behind friend.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.