8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

My r18 got totaled :(

8K views 61 replies 36 participants last post by  83926 
#1 · (Edited)
So today was probably the worst day of my life. My beloved civic was pretty much totaled earlier toady. Heres the story met up with a person from craiglist to buy all season floor mats. Okay everything goes good great guy even sold me the mats for 20 they were in good condition to couldnt pass it up. Well as i was pulling out to a 3 lane road. 1 lane for each side and one turning lane i started pulling out because a driver was stopping to let me go. As soon as my front end gets into the turning lane this chevy truck comes flying up the lane and just blows my front end off. Now i was going 5mph n the truck had to be going 35 45 in a 25. My whole front end was littered on the street ripped my bumper off both fenders smashed both headlights n foglights. The hood was smashed up to my windshield n the radiator smashed back to the motor. I couldnt even open my passenger door everything was all out of alignment. Now the police show up saying there going to site me for the accident but they never wrote me a ticket or had me sign anything all they asked for was my liscenes n who my insurance provider is. I dont feel like i was the one at fault but how can i get sited for something and not get a ticket or sign anything? I dont undersand that one bit. What do you guys think about this?? What car should i get now?? Ill have pics of my car tomorrow when i go to get my personal belongins out of it.

My baby 2 days ago

See less See more
#3 ·
oh man sorry to hear about your car but at least you're alright.

I don't understand how if you're turning and someone plows into you that it's your fault.
But anything, they will probably just mail you that citation.

On a side note, where in Ohio are you?

#13 ·
To be honest idc if this sounds girly ... But i cried for a good 5 mins i was just so emotional from what happened n seeing my front end... Now a month or two earlier i just had the front bumper replaced n both headlights from someone backing into my car wen i was at a bar. Again i will be posting pics tomorrow so when i post them lmk what you guys think if its totaled or not.

#26 · (Edited)
you seriously cried???XD

It's just a car reminds me of March 2008 when my car was hit my a lady in a toyota T100 running a stop sign in el paso with NO INSURANCE Cost to my insurance to fix = $9000 Original estimate $6500, the car actually came back in better condition! Looks like all the same **** is smashed on your car my bumper cover just stayed on.. But yeah it even damaged my ABS system no airbags though...

It was hit again the other day by a military vehicle (my fault this time)

The car a few weeks ago, obviously came back from that really bad accident in 08..

$3000 in damage this time.. Thank god for accident forgiveness

#16 ·
Crazy stuff! I actually met up with the same craiglist seller to buy a trunk tray later that day and he told me of the accident. I have to ask, are you from lake county? I've seen your car around before. I'm glad to see you are okay, the wrecked pics he had looked terrible.

#17 ·
It was an unsafe turn and you didn't have clear vision of all lanes. The truck holds some fault and the insurance company may or may not assigned a small % of at fault to him. The officer cut you a break by not giving you a ticket. Funny how people get mad when they get a ticket and they get mad when they don't get a ticket. The accident report will simply be checked that you are the at-fault driver.

This is why I try and only make right turns and never want to turn left across traffic. Even if it requires driving down the road to find an proper intersection with a traffic signal.

#41 ·
Sorry about your ride. It seems to me that you shouldnt be at fault. The guy was speeding #1 and he was doing it in a non driving lane! Its a turn lane only. I hate when people drive in those to merge into traffic. Thats not what its for. Plus it makes it so you cannot enter to turn half the time cause these idiots are driving through them not allowing you to get over. If anything that guy should get a ticket for speeding and driving in that lane. Plus he was probably trying to pass that person who let you out thinking they were turning but decided not to slow down and wanted to pass them in the turning lane. But the thing is the one car that slowed to let you out shouldnt have done that. They stopped in the flow of traffic which can cause accidents behind them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.