The Ultimate Most Comprehensive Performance Parts List for the R18 - Page 40 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Model Specific Civic Information > Civic Coupe And Sedan

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #781 (permalink)

alex R18 crew member #1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justiiin View Post
If I installed the weapon r race header, is there a place for my oxygen sensors?
Yes it does but it turns on your check engine light. only way i've found to turn it off is either an extension on the o2 hole or use hondata flashpro and it deactivates the secondary sensor.
alexmn2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #782 (permalink)

Collin
NST pulley link has expired. just fyi not that big of a deal. i still found them. Great list though! thanks!
viciv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #783 (permalink)

Russ
Ok, calling ANYONE who has successfully swapped out the auto R18 for a Manual R18... I need a complete list of everything you got so I can make sure my list is right so I can make it work. P.S. I want it to be just as if my car came from the factory as a manual. So cluster changed and everything. Please help quick as I am looking to get everything by February and get this completed by the time East Coast Honda Meet rolls around!
Nyghtstalkr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #784 (permalink)

Rick
hey guys, long time since ive been on here. Anyone in the CT area have a good mic/cam setup? ive been asked many times to record my I/E combo because of how unique it sounds, but i dont have a good video cam, and my cell (despite its 13 mp camera) has a HORRID mic. anyone able to help? FYI its a PRM intake and a Vibrant Cat back with Hondata. nothing remotely fast, but it does sound good for a daily driver
tda1337 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #785 (permalink)

Colin R18 Crew #525
Quote:
Originally Posted by tda1337 View Post
hey guys, long time since ive been on here. Anyone in the CT area have a good mic/cam setup? ive been asked many times to record my I/E combo because of how unique it sounds, but i dont have a good video cam, and my cell (despite its 13 mp camera) has a HORRID mic. anyone able to help? FYI its a PRM intake and a Vibrant Cat back with Hondata. nothing remotely fast, but it does sound good for a daily driver
Does it sound like this?
R18 Vibrant Street Power Catback - YouTube
fighter25 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #786 (permalink)

Russ
Ladies and gents - ATTENTION!

Hybrid racing has a short shifter for the R series now!

Hybrid Racing Short Shifter
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #787 (permalink)

Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter25 View Post
Nice quality and sound. What camera did you use? My Vibrant R18 is not as loud as yours, I don't think, although Idle sounds the same. I know it is most throaty between 3000 and 4500 rpm's! I love mine and wouldn't change it for anything. Sounds perfect and looks almost stock. Keeps the sleeper look alive and well!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #788 (permalink)

Rick
almost. the prm intake adds something that isnt there in your video. thats why people were asking before.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #789 (permalink)

Colin R18 Crew #525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyghtstalkr View Post
Nice quality and sound. What camera did you use? My Vibrant R18 is not as loud as yours, I don't think, although Idle sounds the same. I know it is most throaty between 3000 and 4500 rpm's! I love mine and wouldn't change it for anything. Sounds perfect and looks almost stock. Keeps the sleeper look alive and well!
Thanks! The camera is a Canon Vixia HF20. Awesome camera, but I'm thinking of getting rid of it for a Hero 3 Black.
You're turbo right? That might muffle the sound a little, but I doubt it. It may just seem louder because you've never heard it from outside before? I want to have a friend do a fly by in my car to see how loud it actually is.
But I have to agree there, it seems the Vibrant is the most throaty and is around it's max volume (in car) around 3500 RPM. Of all the exhausts I've seen for the R18, the Vibrant is the best in my opinion.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #790 (permalink)

Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter25 View Post
Thanks! The camera is a Canon Vixia HF20. Awesome camera, but I'm thinking of getting rid of it for a Hero 3 Black.
You're turbo right? That might muffle the sound a little, but I doubt it. It may just seem louder because you've never heard it from outside before? I want to have a friend do a fly by in my car to see how loud it actually is.
But I have to agree there, it seems the Vibrant is the most throaty and is around it's max volume (in car) around 3500 RPM. Of all the exhausts I've seen for the R18, the Vibrant is the best in my opinion.
I work for Canon tech support. When you call for help with that camera, that be my work.

Yea, turbo's always muffle it a little bit. I am like you, I want to hear my car from outside it also. I am also thinking of dynomatting the whole trunk to keep all of that road noise and exhaust out of the cabin. I like my peace and quiet (but want that sweet vibrant sound outside so I turn heads)!

BTW, mine pops more! LoL. You can't hear it in this video but I backfire when I shift. I get a double pop and I have rapid backfire on deceleration. This video is only a couple months old. This is how my car sounds now.

My spool up and exhaust while driving

That's a GT2554 Journal bearing turbo with custom wheels (I'm not telling what) and my Vibrant. =)

Last edited by Nyghtstalkr; 12-12-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #791 (permalink)

can we add the following to the list?

CP Pistons, SC7023
Brian Crower Rods, BC6008
Boomba motor mounts
Full-Race Traction Balls
BLOX Traction Balls
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
reximus is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #792 (permalink)

Rick
mine pops more too. and im not turbo. i think it has to do with the tune. are you tuned with hondata, fighter?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #793 (permalink)

Russ
It's just that you have standing gas (rich situation) in the combustion that gets spit out into the exhaust, and when it hits the pipe, it explodes
Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #794 (permalink)

Colin R18 Crew #525
Quote:
I work for Canon tech support. When you call for help with that camera, that be my work.
I haven't had to call. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tda1337 View Post
mine pops more too. and im not turbo. i think it has to do with the tune. are you tuned with hondata, fighter?
I am not tuned. I can get it to pop with three quick, loud, pops when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd when I let the revs go down to to like 1500 in 3rd.

Quote:
It's just that you have standing gas (rich situation) in the combustion that gets spit out into the exhaust, and when it hits the pipe, it explodes
That sounds like it would be bad.. especially for the cat, but it sounds so good!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #795 (permalink)

Russ
It is. Back firing is always bad... But sounds great if you do it right. The thing is, when I say bad, it will take A LOT of it to cause problems. Extremely loud backfiring means the fuel is WAY TOO RICH and could blow gaskets, manifold, and worst case break exhaust pipes from the pressure. But trust me, you'd never get there on a R18 without something hella wrong
Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #796 (permalink)
HB1

Great list!
HB1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.