8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

CCSubaru's R18 Build Thread

9K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  CCSubaru 
#1 · (Edited)
~New WRX Build Thread~

Figured It's About Time To Make A Build Thread :party:

Bought the car in June of 2011 - Traded in my 2008 Subaru Legacy because I was unemployed and in college and needed a cheaper car as far as maintenance/gas/insurance/mods goes so I started my search and had always liked the look of the 8th gen sedans and loved the interiors especially. Ended up finding a 2006 Civic LX for 12,999 at herb Chambers and since my Legacy was paid off and I was trading it they gave me a check for the difference in price since my Legacy was worth more trade in than the Civic was, which is really the whole reason I did this in the first place because I needed the extra money

First picture of her the day they delivered:

I have done a lot of little things over up untill now and I don't have picture of some of them - Will take pictures soon

Mod List:
Engine:
Skunk2 60mm Catback Exhaust
K&N Filter w/ Resonator Removed

Wheel/Suspension:
18" HFP Bronze Wheels
225/40/18 Kumho Ecsta 4X Tires
HFP Suspension
Winter Setup - Stock Steelies w/ 205/55/16 General Altimax Artic

Exterior:
PIAA Xtreme White Plus Lows
Nokya Yellow Highs
LED License Plate Lights
Grfxp Taillight Tint Covers
K2 Foglight Kit
Black Painted Grille
OEM Window Visors - Installed 10/25/12

Interior:
Blue LED Dome Lights
High Power LED Map Lights
TWM Performance Hybrid Shift Knob (Best Mod So Far IMO)
Redline Goods Black Leather w/ Blue Stitching Shift Boot
Weathertech All Weather Mats

I.C.E.
Polk Audio DB651s - Front and Rear
Alpine KTP-445u "Power Pack" 45Wx4 RMS - Powering Front and Rear Speakers
Alpine MRP-500 500Wx1 RMS - Powering Sub
Alpine SWR1243D 500W RMS 12" Subwoofer

Pictures:

I picked this ebay knob up off eBay just to have something other than huge stock one and reused the Redline Goods boot from my legacy for a while

First I got this Injen Axleback, and although it was a nice exhaust I later traded it for a Skunk2 60mm Catback

Painted my grille satin black - 7/4/12

Pic of Skunk2 when I had just put it on

I replaced the eBay knob with a TWM Phantom hybrid Knob during a group buy :drooling: I love this knob and would highly reccomend it to anybody

After getting really sick of looking at my car with steelies/hubcaps I took the plunge and ordered 18" HFPs from CHH and wrapped them in 225/40 Kumho Ecsta 4X's from TireRack.. Love them on GGM :woot:

Went to Wicked Big Meet with my civic, this is a large Subaru event put on every year by New England Subaru.. Had alot of fun and managed to park next to only other Honda there, don't know who he is though :shrug: had to rock a Honda FTL on my back window though :umad:

Some pics I have laying around - Have yet to do a photoshoot but just picked up a new camera so once I get a free day I will take some proper pics

10/25/12 - OEM Visors

Put on the OEM visors today - They came out great and love how they look

10/26/2012 - HFP Suspension

Will post a before and after once I give it a while to settle

See less See more
#47 · (Edited)
Did a few things over the last couple days -

Put in the Skunk2 Short Shifter Adapter that I picked up off a member. After driving with it in shifts feel a little stiffer and more precise and the throw is perfect for me

And I also got to put in my Alpine "Power Pack" Amp. Not alot of room behind our head units which I was suprised about but I got it to fit right behind it and the new speakers sound great with the extra power

The mess during install:

The finished wiring before I put it back in and cleaned up.. Used heat shrink butt connectors for the wiring since I didn't have solder available and then used electrical tape to keep everything organized

#48 ·
Alright so someone over on another forum was selling the exact amp and subwoofer combo I have in my amazon wishlist since i've been doing some audio upgrades so I decided to go for it since my girlfriend said she'd pay for half as an xmas present

Amp is a 500W RMS Alpine and the sub is an Alpine 12" 500W RMS

In my Legacy I had basically the same setup with same amp and same model sub but in the 10" size - It pushed pretty hard in the ported box I had but might go for a more punchy sealed enclosure this time around with the 12"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.