8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2010 PMM FG1 Build (HondaCivic_R18)

110K views 744 replies 124 participants last post by  r a y 
#1 · (Edited)
Should have done this a long time ago, but better late than never. It's no SI, but I bought it for MPG, so there are no plans for performance mods, except for a Fujita CAI.

A little about me: I have been driving Honda's since I got my driver's license. I started off with a 92 Honda civic, MT, so it was a lot of fun in high school. In college, I drove my parents 97 Toyota Camry because I wasn't making enough money to pay off a car. Then it was my parents 2000 Honda Accord when I was doing my Clinicals in AZ. I was dreaming for the day I would own my own car, but couldn't with working 40 hours a week with no pay and still doing 20 hours of homework on top of that. After graduation, I test drove some coupes and fell in love with the 2010 Honda Civic EX. Moved back down to Arizona and bought one in Polished Metal Metallic. Ever since then, I have been adding a few mods here and there.

Now for pics (a lot of pics):

The very first day I bought it:

Seat covers and the full nose mask:

Fogs and Window Visors:

YoSpeed's door sills

HFP suspension after a couple months, yellow fogs, added a metallic strip on the grille:

Color-matched roof spoiler from shadow.speed:

Liquid Metal Curve 17x7.5 +38 mm offset, Falken 912's 225/45/17 and AVS deflector. Some people don't seem to like the wheels.....but I do and that's all that matters:

HFP Front lip and Red Emblems:

Lloyd Mats and Strut King Pedals:

Rear tint:

Red Steering wheel emblem and CF wheel cover:

Red Stem Valve Covers

So I went with the white interior lighting instead with new seat covers (since the other one's were faded) and a 270mm broadway mirror convex. I think it looks a lot cleaner like this:

CF cooling plate, JDM engine cover and blue oil cap:

Now I have a K&N replacement filter to hold me over until I get my CAI. Don't need a pic, it's only a sticker on the cover saying to not throw it away.

Yellow nokya bulbs for my DRLs:

Custom made CF engine cover + Fujita CAI

Custom made NEOPRENE seat covers

HFP axle back

8000K HID's for low beams and yellow nokya bulbs for fogs + yellow fog lens covers

Red and Black CF interior dash kit + CF overlay

Corsport C-Pillar

BRIDE Fabric on Door Panels and Armrest

Ksport Coils and XXR 527's

PerfectFit Hood guard

How Sobe sits now with Gramlights 57DR's

Updates: (soon to come)

My future mods will be:
Carbon Fiber Hood
Maybe new HFP lip
Repowdercoat wheels
Rethink CF wrap

Wow.....that was a lot of uploading. I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for looking.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks, yeah that is funny how that works lol. They are mainly just for aesthetics. Don't make anything brighter, just make the DRLs a little more yellow.

Looks good man glad to see another PMM R18 on here. Where did you get your mirror from I've been looking for one of those! How was the installation as well?

Keep it up.
Thanks. I got the mirror from Amazon actually, just did a search for a 270 mm broadway mirror convex. There are regular ones and there are ones tinted blue. It' so simple to install, just clips onto the stock one. Doesn't even take one minute to put it on lol.

Umnn... Female driver ^

Looks good Becky... not to shur about sum the accessories but realise there to protect the car from the killin heat.If you want a exhaust choices are mild from hfp to tsudo sp2 unless you get a full catback but not really worth it on R18's . Unless you Tc or Sc the motor.
Thanks for the information. I will have to look into the hfp, haven't heard of the other one, but I will look into that as well.

Wait the op is a girl right? I saw those butterfky seatcovers n I assumed it was a girls car right off the bat. Anywho to each their own if its not, but they were changed anyways. I have a pmm 2011 si. Urs is looking exactly how I envisioned mine. Great job so far. Looking forward to the drop
Haha yes, the butterfly seats....heavily faded from siting in the heat for over a year. It was time for a change. Thanks for the compliment, I'm pretty excited for the drop, just will be a while before it happens.

#5 ·
Wait the op is a girl right? I saw those butterfky seatcovers n I assumed it was a girls car right off the bat. Anywho to each their own if its not, but they were changed anyways. I have a pmm 2011 si. Urs is looking exactly how I envisioned mine. Great job so far. Looking forward to the drop

#4 ·
Umnn... Female driver ^

Looks good Becky... not to shur about sum the accessories but realise there to protect the car from the killin heat.If you want a exhaust choices are mild from hfp to tsudo sp2 unless you get a full catback but not really worth it on R18's . Unless you Tc or Sc the motor.

This post has been deleted
#14 ·
So......I was suppose to get my intake yesterday from UPS....I don't know who is more stupid, the sender? or UPS? Probably the sender in this case, since it took 1 month to even get it sent to me...then UPS found a problem with the address and it wasn't correct, so now i have to wait until Monday to get it (assuming that's when they changed the delivery date to) and I have to wait even longer until next weekend to get it installed. :banghead:

Thank you Driven By Style for making my entire experience just awesome....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

#25 ·

Looks clean. How much did your milage drop with the intake?
Thanks! I haven't really noticed much of a decrease in MPG. I keep track of all my fill ups on an app on my phone and according to that, its stayed about the same. I was getting 27.6 the day after the intake was installed. 6 days later, I filled up again and it was 27.5.

#30 ·
Everyone calls it a do it yourself Home Depot lip. It's a rubber material that you stick on with 3M tape. What it is, is a garage door seal, you can get one at either Home Depot or even Lowe's.

Here is the link to the roof spoiler for on 09+. It comes from Taiwan, but he sends it really fast, usually within a week of ordering you get it.
PAINTED Honda CIVIC N.A 2D REAR WING ROOF LIP SPOILER? | eBay

#36 ·
FINALLY.....seat covers that WORK and FIT perfectly...no more stupid universal ones. Custom made, material is Neoprene.

Also got Sylvania Silverstar Ultra 4100k bulbs for my low beams...kind of worried about the life of the bulbs...everyone has mixed reviews about both the Sylvania's and PIAA's, but I don't want a HID kit. I can't even really tell much of a difference between these and stock...anyone has any suggestions on better bulbs to buy and where?

#37 ·
FINALLY.....seat covers that WORK and FIT perfectly...no more stupid universal ones. Custom made, material is Neoprene.

Also got Sylvania Silverstar Ultra 4100k bulbs for my low beams...kind of worried about the life of the bulbs...everyone has mixed reviews about both the Sylvania's and PIAA's, but I don't want a HID kit. I can't even really tell much of a difference between these and stock...anyone has any suggestions on better bulbs to buy and where?

Wow seat covers that look like they fit. Where did you get them. How much? And can u get rears also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.