8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiDanny's Skrate Racekoars... scream little civic scream!! Build-n-skrit...

213K views 4K replies 82 participants last post by  SiDanny 
#1 · (Edited)
How-the-car-currently-sits.v3 as of December 15, 2014 : *Now with potato pics

Current modification list:

Engine/Performance Modifications

Ct-e Supercharger (Ported by Stegmeier)
Mercracing 2.95" blower pulley
Honda K24 6.37" crank Pulley
Mercracing SC inlet
Mercracing Stage 2 Aftercooler
OEM Acura ZDX Throttle Body
P2R P149 Gasket
T1R IAT post-blower
ID1000 Injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Crushed FPR
Hondata 4 Bar Map Sensor
Golden Eagle IMG
Goodyear K070825 belt
NGK-BKR9EIX Spark Plugs
DIY 3.5" Cold air intake
Skunk2 Alpha race header
Invidia Q300 exhaust
Hondata Flashpro (Tuned by VitViper)
Supercharger B.B.G.
Napa Part #7777 upper radiator hose
Injected Upper Dogbone mount
Injected Front mount
Hasport FDRR 70a
:D Yospeed battery tie down
Custom battery recolate
Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings

Wheel/Suspension Upgrades

Redshift Coilovers/Koni SA Sport shocks (yellows) 350F/450R
Progress 22mm RSB
SPC front camber bolts
SPC v2 rear camber arms
WedsSport TC105N 17x9 +35
Falken FK453 235/40/17
Gorilla lugs
Centric Premium Brake Rotors
Akebono ProACT Brake Pads
Techna-fit SS brake lines
ATE DOT4 Brake Fluid

Exterior Modifications

CustomLightz Mini H1 bixenon headlight retrofit
6000k HIDs
45% Window Tint
Grafixpressions Red rear turn signal overlays
LED Projector reverse bulbs
LED Number plate lights
OEM HFP Front Lip

Interior Modifications

XLR8 dual gauge pod
AEM Boost gauge
AEM UEGO gauge
OEM All season floor mats
OEM Trunk tray
I <3 Boobies Wristband on shifter
Save the Manual Wristband
LED Map lights
LED Dome light
LED Trunk light
Karcepts Delrin shift knob
CTR shift boot
Sickspeed shifter extender
TWM Stage 2 replacement short shifter
Aluminum base bushings
Strut King dead pedal

I.C.E

Beltronics i955 (Hardwired)
Armrest full of Awesome Sauce

How-the-car-currently-sits.v2 as of March 22, 2014

Photo cred: LouGraySi

How the car currently sits:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pics from when I got the car, new, in August 2009. The car had about 50 miles on it when I picked it up at the dealer. It was because it was transferred from one Honda dealer to another since the Honda dealer where I bought it didn't have a white one.

Probably the best pics ever of the car. It was bone stock.

The car stayed stock from August 2009 until June of 2010, then all of the following started happening....

Current Mod List:
Hondata Flashpro
SRT Battery Tie Down
Ingalls ETD
Eibach Sportlines
Yellow Fogs
JDM CTR Shift Knob
40% Tint

Now on to the pics:

I've got a few more mods laying around the garage, but I'm going to hold off for now on those. Really just wanted to go low for summer.

Thanks for looking!

sneak peak!

***MORE UPDATES***

Everything is in this video and the description.

I got a new gopro for Christmas (hero2) and a lot of new mods since then! Enjoy :thumbsup:

If I need to make a build thread/have this moved to build thread please let me know mods!

2009 Civic Si - bolt-ons - YouTube

Showed my support to hellafunctional. I just figured I'd share with you guys.

I made a short video to test my brother's Go Pro. Take a look. It's very simple, but it was fun. And I got my window's tinted.

Don't forget to watch in HD!

I was full bolt ons for a while (about a year). Injen CAI/Skunk2 Alpha header/Q300 Exhaust. No sense in photos because they didn't change how the car looked for the most part. Just a video.
I bought myself projectors (Customlightz Mini H1 bi-xenon) for Christmas/Birthday of 2011. I think I was bolt-on's from September 2010 to February 2012. That was fun for a while.

February 2011:

Mileage before boost

I traded the wheels and some $ for boost.. I decided I wanna go fast, instead of look good.

videos with the q300:

I'm going back to the dyno at IMW on Saturday (9/22/12). Hopefully the switch to the Full Race + fueling touch up will net me like 1 or 2 hp. :shrug:

12/28/12 UPDATE (72,xxx miles):

I had the Full Race for a while, but I switched back to the Q300. I made the same peak HP and gained through the mid range, but it was too loud for me.

Custom Koni/Redshift Coilovers are being made as I'm typing this. The rates are 350f/450r. I got low rates because it's a street car and I drive a lot, but I still wanted to have decent handling. They should be an upgrade from the Sportlines and stock struts I have now.

I got some new additions for Christmas:
:D battery tie down from YoSpeed
CTR Shift boot
Strut King Dead Pedal

All that nonsense and the coilovers will go on at some point in the next few weeks. I'll post pics of the coils when they come in.

I might get some sweet rimz, yo! in the spring....or sooner but they wouldn't go on til the spring. We'll see. Stay tuned!

Some of 2012 in review on page 9. Missing a few OC, MD shows n ish. I try and make it to a lot of car events each year. I've come to know a lot of people and it's always a good time hanging with them! You know who you are!

3/12/2013 Update:

Redshift Suspension Installed

4/24/2013 Update:

The car is together with the 3.0 bp and currently being tuned. Pretty much finished for a while. There isn't much left to do. :shrug:

There are a lot of Aftercooler install pics in my build thread. I'll try and find all the posts with pics at a later point.

6/15/2013

I took the car to Summit Point, WV and got my feet wet on the track @ Hyperfest

Here is the video:

7/14/2013

Did my first auto x. Car performed at 100%.

Pics on page 124.

3/39/2014

IMW Dyno Day.

First time the car has been on the dyno aftercooled. Running the same tune (no touch ups) since September 2013.

Car has over 83k miles on the original clutch. Transmission has never been open. Valve cover has never been removed.

It made 330whp and 212 tq (Up from 292 whp and 190 tq one year ago)

See less See more
6 49
#11 ·
Thanks man!

Nice stance! It looks like it sits even, does it? I've seen alot of civics dropped on sportlines raked.
It does sit pretty even. I got the springs from a guy with a coupe, that might have something to do with it.

sounds like a stock sportbike with the camera in the front ;). were you redlining it?
The first pull I went to 8600 in 2nd. The other pulls were about 8k. Flashpro FTW! I'm also pleased with the small amount of wind noise with the camera at that angle.

Thanks all!

#13 ·
It comes with a waterproof casing that has interchangeable covers. One cover is recommended for <100 mph and the other >100 mph. The one for >100 mph is also the waterproof one. One covers the mic and one does not. For the video I had the >100 mph one on, but I did not come anywhere close to that speed.

#22 ·
The car rides pretty good. I don't bottom out and I haven't cut the bump stops. I don't rub or anything either. Big bumps are the only thing that are more harsh than stock. The progress RSB and new tires (softer sidewall than stock) did a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.