8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

A mild daily driven FA5 build and an EF Wagon build!!

14K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  notoriousplng 
#1 ·
I don't know how widely this will be followed but im in the process of two builds.

The first build will be on my daily driven 08 GG FA5

The plans for this car will be pretty mild to say the least:
Sidemarkers
HFP Suspension
Progress RSB
Red Emblems
HID Conversion
Maybe some small boltons

The goals for this build will just be overall drivability and to have good stance and still be able to perform well when neccessary.

The second build is the one I am most excited about. Me and a best friend are getting ready to start an EF Wagon build which can be followed here: Two Best Friends, an EF Wagon, and an H22A

We would really appreciate new followers on this build and would love to hear some input from you guys! Thanks for everything!

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah its going to be a long process for sure. Were currently doing all the research we can about the H2B swap into the car and also looking into maybe a H22/H23 frankenstein paired with the B series tranny. Thanks for the support guys looking forward to getting this started!

#6 ·
Wagon update 1

Well finally some updates!

First off on the state of the wagon, its definently a slow moving project being on a grad school student budget. Some changes that have been made:

Ditched the idea of the H22 (way too much money)
We have decided to go with another D series. So far we have acquired a D16y7 and a D16Z6 head for going the mini me swap. We intend on the car to be specifically a Touge/Autocross car. So this doesnt include huge horse power numbers. So we have decided to focus primarily on a great suspension setup with the mini me motor.

How it looked the day we got it home.

Got the interior stripped and started disassembling bumpers for cleaning and motor transplant.

Test fitted the roof rack for ***** and giggles ( yes its a cheap rack, like 20 bucks from Autozone)

Sticker and bike rack add horse power hahahaha :umad:

Sourced the manual clutch pedal assembly and some other odds and ends

Began to paint the hood a semi flat black just to get rid of the poor poor job done by the previous owner didnt come out great or awful average I guess.

So thats the progress for now. We need to actually pick up the D16Z6 head soon. But we also need the jumper harness for the OBD0-OBD1 swap as well as a p28 ecu. We also are pitching around the idea of ditching the s40 hydro tranny for just a 89 CRX Si cable tranny for ease. But anyways stay tuned and keep looking on the blog! Two Best Friends an EE Wagon, an FA5 Civic SI, and a BB6 Prelude Type SH :vtec:

#7 ·
FA5 Update 1 HFP Suspension Install and Progress RSB install/review

Well I told myself with the wagon going on I wasn't going to dump money into it. Well silly me to say the least I should have honestly known myself better.

I feel that the K20 is a great stock power plant. The farthest I would ever go on that route would be I/H/E and flashpro. But for right now I have a K&N Filter which suites me just fine.

The next thing was the pickup of the HFP suspension kit and the progress RSB. I cant emphasize enough the difference these make. Add me to the list of HFP nutriders I guess. The car feels much more nimble now and body roll is greatly reduced. I couldn't tell you which mod made the biggest difference since they were installed at the same time.

Now for the actually drop itself, well it isn't that noticeable honestly. I should have measured before hand with a tape measure for exact drop but used the good ole finger method. I was at a pretty solid 3 fingers and a little bit extra all the way around when stock. Now with HFP I do sit at about 2 fingers. It did exactly what I wanted and closed that wheel gap by enough.

The ride quality is excellent. There is no added noise and the ride is still comfy but you can still feel the road and the car is just overall more responsive. Its the perfect daily driver setup.

Here are some pics from along the way nothing to in detail to be honest though.

The whole kit layed out.

New vs. Old spring comparison on the rear.

Stock vs Progress RSB

How it sits post install!

I overall am super pleased with it. The install took about 3 hours for everything and that included shooting the **** the whole time and really taking our time to do everything at a leisurely pace. I highly recommend it.

In the mail for the FA5 are just some pretty much purely cosmetic things:

-Bennen Rear Tow Hook
- Beaks Lower Arm Bar

I will have details on those soon!:wheee:

#11 ·
Well I called my moms suspension guy he said, that he couldn't see it making a noticable difference so I went ahead and bought the coupe suspension :) and your thread and review also helped with my purchase, I aslo took the befor pics and like u said its a good solid 3 fngers right now and ill post my own thread with the after pics as soon as I get it installed. I also will be getting the prsb as I've only heard great things from it!

#12 ·
I honestly can't see what the difference would be. The difference in weight is only 70lbs and I don't see that causing a problem. But if you get the suspension and sway bar combo you will notice a big difference! Pm me with any questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.