Colour Change + Insurance (Ontario) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Regional Honda Civic Owners - Canada > Canada East

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

ElvaSoShexai will be known by all on 8thcivic soonElvaSoShexai will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
Colour Change + Insurance (Ontario)

has anyone here ever changed the colour of their car?

i kno u need 2 notify the MoT.... the info should automatically be updated to ur car record right?

i don't believe insurance company asks for ur car's colour. so i assume they don't care or get the info from the ministry.

so is there any need to notify insurance? do they come check it out or whatever?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Colin
DEEDS will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
well when i got my bike painted i had to notify the insurance company for theft purposes so they had to take pics of my bike.. not i don't think it would matter if you were to paint it the same colour but if it isn't then you have i think 6-10 days until you notify the MTO or you'll get a nice ticket (stupid cops). hope that helps.

DEEDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

ElvaSoShexai will be known by all on 8thcivic soonElvaSoShexai will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
did they take pics of ur bike when you first signed up?

i just wonder if cars is different... in case you have mods and then after you change the colour they want to come look and then they end up seeing ur mods and cancelling ur policy
ElvaSoShexai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 03:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
VIP Member

Thats Mr.Bart to you!
portabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcapsportabuddy just installed chrome spinner hubcaps
Send a message via MSN to portabuddy
all you need to do is tell the mto... first thing on my 95 hatch once it was out of the paint booth was a trip to the mto and got the documents changed... i dont need trouble and the cop thinking that i stole the damm thing...
portabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

monty06si just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivicmonty06si just put it into 2nd gear on 8thcivic
when i was looking for insurance on my car almost every company i called asked me what color the car was, but when i was renewing the insurance last march they didn't ask me a thing, all they asked was if i would still be renewing with them for the year and if my payment methods were staying the same.....i would assume tho that they would need to know if the color changed tho, like DEEDS and his bike thing regarding a theft
monty06si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 02:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Colin
DEEDS will be known by all on 8thcivic soon
yes they took pictures of my bike before i signed with them and also after i changed the colour...
the only reason they want photos is to CTA (cover thier ass) in case someone does steal your car/bike(knock on wood) that they have a copy of the new colour.
DEEDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.