8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Dc 2.2 build question

5K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Dr_Honda 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok what's up guys I'm having my head built bye tpr in Cincy ohio there doin my drag cartel 2.2 s supertech spring kit ( springs retainers and seats ) and I'm just wondering since my valves are stock what keepers do I use? Do I just reuse the stock ones or play it safe and buy ones from supertech rated for my springs or what?.......please help! Ps I'm also replacing seals with either supertech or Oem!

#8 · (Edited)
Either a bad tune or dropped valve. Was running lean as **** when it blew and only 1000miles. I recommend Zerolift. Just a few miles from TPR over by the Fairfield Animal Hospital and Volkswagen.

Edit: to add to this, they took two weeks to do a camshaft build, two gauge install, and a few small things that realistically takes MAYBE 3 days. The tuner tuned my car in 5th gear (which I never heard of) and only managed to pull 221/157 with Go Power ksi cams that are known for 240+whp. I am currently running just bolt ons and pulling 217/173. He took 6-7 hrs to tune it. Average is 4 hrs.

#11 ·
Damn man that sucks sorry too hear that's the only bad review I've heard about to to be honest now I'm second guessing idk who to trust round here slow motion is sketchy as **** and now this I'm bout to buy another head and instal myself and have my buddy dial it in tuning wise seeing how he just got outta Lincoln tech for that

#12 ·
If you have some general mechanical knowledge and your buddy knows the internal works on valvetrain and engine building, it really does seem like a good days worth job to do and fun. I plan on doing my own work next time. I just didn't last time because I was deployed and the intent was to have them do the work and the car ready to run by the time I came home for R&R. I sent my car to them at the beginning of August, came home September 4th, and the car was finally just getting worked on. I had to spend 12 days of my 15 days without a car.

DIY guide: .: K-Series News & Information :. - K-Series Camshaft Installation

#14 ·
4Piston is fantastic! And ERL Performance in Indy. Little bit of a drive but I think it would be worth it more than TPR and Slow Motion. I figured TPR would be good considering the high power turbo builds they have done. I don't understand how they botched a camshaft build so bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.