skunk2 intake manifold - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Bolt-Ons And All-Motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Matt
skunk2 intake manifold

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone have any knowledge about the skunk2 intake manifold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am having problems with mine. Do you have one?
FA54LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

what about it?
Blink330 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Don
So it's not a direct bolt-on?
sr-71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 04:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Adrian
mine bolted right up, no major issues. I would recommend the iac delete kit, or just a plug screw. A tune is a must for this part if im not mistaken. I added mine in the middle of my tune and till it was tuned, it ran really shytty....However now i love it.
Adrian/Black07Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Would you recommend this to people that are looking for basic bolt ons. I have intake exhaust tsx cams and fixing to order my header and was wondering about the skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body.
paducah_civic07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Adrian
Paducah civic07......I would, with your set up i would say its the next step, however i didnt see Flashpro listed. You will need to get it tuned. Im running the J35 TB (68mm) love my combo!!!

GL.

How you like those TSX cams?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Gnehp Gnoix
I wouldn't recommend this at all if your just having basic bolt-ons. Adrian? Why would you recommend this to other people?
bouncer07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Adrian
why not, depend on how far he is taking his build, he has already thrown the tsx cams in there, why not go the extra mile, however I did mention flashpro to have it tuned. At some point in time i would only think he would want to upgrade his manifold, if not the skunk2, the RRC.

what would you recommend his next step be?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Gnehp Gnoix
I'd suggest some injector upgrade, a bigger TB, RRC manifold over Skunk2. For the price of the RRC- it's all you'll need on a K20 head. $350 > $539. The benefit of the Skunk2 IM is for bigger set ups such as K24's and fully built K20 with high compression. If you are just thinking of having tsx cams, do not go the Skunk2 IM. Your goals need to be set to make your decision in purchasing your manifold. People sell these manifold because it made no power on their set up, showed little gain, and even lost power. Some people recommend it just because they have it as their setup. But most people will point you the direction they have. If it was a popular manifold, majority SI owners with a 2.0L will be all jumping on this. Just a thought of pro's and con's. I just want to help you out saving the extra cash for tuning.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Adrian
to each is own, I would still vote Sk2 over RRC, not because i own but b/c the limits it can be taken depending on where he wants to go with it. Also i didnt pay that much, mine was purchase new from the site vendors.

fijibluenewb, waht is your goal, what mark are you trying to reach, this might be a better suited question. somwhat off topic but this would help us point you in a better direction.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Is the p2r TB spacer used with the S2 IM? I ask b/c I have it existing and jsut bought a s2 IM and I only have bolt ons no cams, but plan on cams pullies and a fuel rail with bigger injectors within the next year. I also have FP but not installed an un-tuned.
954stocK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Adrian
954stock, pmed you.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Function over Form..
Unless your using cams,bigger throttle body i wouldn't bother its around $450 and i would rather put that towards a SC or better and make some real power.
Will06SI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Gnehp Gnoix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will06SI View Post
Unless your using cams,bigger throttle body i wouldn't bother its around $450 and i would rather put that towards a SC or better and make some real power.
Did you try this IM also Will?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Function over Form..
I will be honest Ive had my SI since if 1st came out and Ive seen all the changes in performance modifications and tuning that have come the past 6 years. I had basic bolt on's and now i have top notch bolt on's, Ive driven Turbo SI's, Ive driven SC si's, Ive driven K24 swapped si's.

All that has helped me come to the conclusion of what gives you the most for the money and that would be Boost hands down. If you stay n/a with out doing a K24 swap and more work after and just do i/h/e,tb,cams,tune that's about 3k or more and you will hardly be pushing 235hp. I would rather take that money and buy a used CT blower or even a new JRSC there are a direct bolt on and have proven to be very reliable. I would rather save and get more for my money then go crazy trying to find the right n/a bolt on's to reach a hp goal and get upset when i dont then be forced to spend more money.

The skunk2 mani will make power but many members will suggest all the supporting mods with it S2 tb,i/h/e,stage 2 cams at least,tbs,rdx injectors which is a fun project but you will spend less or the same going SC or a budget Turbo build and have a much sicker car.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
*Mr.SkReWWLacE'ss*

Tyrone aka *REDMAN*
i was looking at getting the skunk2 IM and the 72mm TB with tbs as well, as my next mods, current running i/h/e/pullies/tbs+gasket/and boomba mounts and getting flashpro this week. im not really looking to make crazy HP BUT, i am looking for at least 225+ at the end of my build. im not getting cams no time soon. so would this not be a good next step? i have heard of many ppl getting the IM and making pretty good power with the basic bolt on but again like Adrian/Black07Si said everyone was tuned to run im/tb. but i dont see how it hurt anything honestly.
six_speed_demon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Function over Form..
Quote:
Originally Posted by six_speed_demon View Post
i was looking at getting the skunk2 IM and the 72mm TB with tbs as well, as my next mods, current running i/h/e/pullies/tbs+gasket/and boomba mounts and getting flashpro this week. im not really looking to make crazy HP BUT, i am looking for at least 225+ at the end of my build. im not getting cams no time soon. so would this not be a good next step? i have heard of many ppl getting the IM and making pretty good power with the basic bolt on but again like Adrian/Black07Si said everyone was tuned to run im/tb. but i dont see how it hurt anything honestly.
You can also look in too the importdps RRC mani/Accord TB combo and make similar power for about $400 less..

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/impor...9-shipped.html

Last edited by Will06SI; 06-28-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
*Mr.SkReWWLacE'ss*

Tyrone aka *REDMAN*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will06SI View Post
You can also look in too the importdps RRC mani/Accord TB combo and make similar power for about $400 less..

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/impor...9-shipped.html

thanks man!!!! thats a big help, i might be considering this instead of the skunk2 one. but idk yet still thinking cause i want to see what my baby is making now, hopefully in the 205 range lol but you think the manifold and tb is a good next step.
six_speed_demon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Function over Form..
Yes its a great step if you plan on staying NA if not i would stop spending money immediately.

If so you cant beat the price and performance with this combo plus its OEM for unmatched fitment and reliability. With FP and a tune you will hit your goal definitely depending on the quality of your bolt on's..

Last edited by Will06SI; 06-29-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.