8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

its getting installed as i type

3K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  w00t692 
#1 ·
im getting a ground kit on my fg2. will let you guys know how it performs after work today.

mods to date:

kn sri
comptech header
r/t hfc
skunk2 60mm
ingalls etd
nst pullies
megan h brace
megan front/rear lower tie bars
progress rear sway bar 22mm
hfp lip kit
hfp suspension
rims/tires

#9 ·
well i got off work and tested it out. the throttle response is more crisp. in that i mean quicker accel and it just about eliminated the bogging issues we all have. it revs faster and going thru the gears you have full power right out of teh gate. i chirped 3rd like i chirp 2nd gear. as soon as you hit the next gear you have such a surge of power that you cant help but chirp no matter what you do. atleast in my car with my mods. i highly reccomend. installed was $110.00. next mod will be ? any thoughts on what mod should be next. sc will be done after i get all other mods on. i want to wait to do the sc because i wanna build teh car with all the bolt ons i can get until there is nothing left to do but sc.

#13 ·
Translation: Now the headlights don't dim when I roll the windows down at night.

#14 ·
Your grounding kit DID NOT improve the performance aspects of your car whatsoever.

What you are experiencing is what I like to call "phantom speed." You are fabricating all these "improvements" in your mind, and it's making you think the car is actually faster. I'm not saying you are lying, because I believe you genuinely think the car has improved. Unfortunately your brain is playing tricks on you.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also, you couldn't install a ground kit yourself? Really?

#21 · (Edited)
your grounding kit did not improve the performance aspects of your car whatsoever.

What you are experiencing is what i like to call "phantom speed." you are fabricating all these "improvements" in your mind, and it's making you think the car is actually faster. I'm not saying you are lying, because i believe you genuinely think the car has improved. Unfortunately your brain is playing tricks on you.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also, you couldn't install a ground kit yourself? Really?
when your working 12-14 hr days how do you find the time
I DID INSTALL ALLL MY PARTS INDIVIDUALLY AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND DID NOTICE IMPROVEMENTS FROM ONE PART TO THE NEXT. YOU CAN BE SURE THAT WHAT IM SAYING IS ACCURATE. IM NOT A NOOB TO THE AFTERMARKET PART WORLD SO I DID NOTICE A DIFFERENCE. IF YOU ARE SKEPTIC BUY A KIT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

#30 ·
If you want to justify your $100 purchase to yourself, that's fine, but don't start saying how much difference it makes when we all know it's in your head.

I have used grounding kits before, twice, and I got them both free. One kit I won in a gymkhana event, installed it, noticed no difference in performance. The second I got for free from a friend and installed it on my old 180sx, same results.

By doing this, some noob is gonna read your post and be like "OMG! If I get these I'll be able to chirp the tires!"

#32 ·
every car is different. did you use it on an si? i also could chirp before the kit but now its easier to chirp. the result i seen was this: on a slow roll in 1st it accelerated slower when i floored it. it accelerated faster if i revved up. now on a slow roll it accelerates just as fast as it would if i revved up.

#39 · (Edited)
Well that car with "no race parts" cut 3-4 seconds off of the stock FD2R lap time at Tsukuba.

Here's the fully built 2.4:

Where's the grounding kit in there?

edit:

Look, I get it, you genuinely believe that there is a difference, if you believe that, fine, it was worth your money. But just know, these are a gimmick, ESPECIALLY on a new car, so don't go spreading around false information.

You are also the same guy who posted that his 18" cast Konig wheels with 225mm tires weighs only 40lbs. So, uh, no, I don't believe you, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.