Can I use moto gloves for auto racing? - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Autocross & Sanctioned Drag Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Dima
Question Can I use moto gloves for auto racing?

I'm planning on going to AutoX this spring/summer and I would like know if anyone here has ever used moto gloves instead of other type of gloves. My hand slips sometimes and I'd prefer not to let that happen. I've searched everywhere but no result

Gloves I consider buying:

Platinum Steel Faith Glove

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Your hands slip while driving regularly? Or you're just worried about your hands slipping? My hands get pretty sweaty on a hot summer day, but I've never found it to be an issue. Don't forget, your windows will have to be open which does a good job of drying them.

Not sure I would spend $30 on gloves that I may not need (ignore me if you have ride a motorcycle already). When karting, I'll sometimes use mechanics gloves since they're cheap and I have them already. As long as the gloves don't restrict movement, I think it should be fine.
patinum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dima
Quote:
Originally Posted by patinum View Post
Your hands slip while driving regularly? Or you're just worried about your hands slipping? My hands get pretty sweaty on a hot summer day, but I've never found it to be an issue. Don't forget, your windows will have to be open which does a good job of drying them.

Not sure I would spend $30 on gloves that I may not need (ignore me if you have ride a motorcycle already). When karting, I'll sometimes use mechanics gloves since they're cheap and I have them already. As long as the gloves don't restrict movement, I think it should be fine.
They don't slip that often, but mostly the faster I shift the higher chance. I just prefer a guaranteed grip, and no I don't ride motorcycles. I'm just a big fan of fox...
dimonfcs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimonfcs View Post
They don't slip that often, but mostly the faster I shift the higher chance. I just prefer a guaranteed grip, and no I don't ride motorcycles. I'm just a big fan of fox...
I get wicked blisters - and even though I've learned not to death grip the steering wheel I now wear my fingerless bicycle gloves. (Helps with the Civic Si's Staff of Ra on sunny summer days too.)

One event the FTOD went to a guy wearing batting gloves. (Correlation does not imply causation.)

-mr. bill

Last edited by mrbill; 12-21-2011 at 08:21 PM.
mrbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Well....there are no regulations if that is what you are concerned about.....
FUBAR_Fiji is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dima
I would like to update this thread with some results. I went ahead and purchased these same day I created this topic. I have been driving with these for couple of weeks and I'm quite impressed. The 2 silicone fingers are sticky enough to turn the wheel with minimum pressure and are also perfect for shifting because they contact the leather part of the shifter. All the holes in these gloves provide good ventilation and eliminate sweaty hands
dimonfcs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Edward McNamara
The stickiest gloves I've ever used were Hatch shooting gloves, they actually leave some sticky behind on the gun/steering wheel after I use them. I guess the only thing stickier are those gloves football receivers used to wear, but I think they banned them.

You can get the Hatch gloves in regular of fingerless. Hatch makes a lot of gloves, be sure to get the "shooting" type.
GlobalCop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.