My 1st time autocross video (took 1st in GS) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Autocross & Sanctioned Drag Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

My 1st time autocross video (took 1st in GS)

Before I get made fun of to much lol, I've only had the car for 2 weeks and I know my skills are lacking haha.

Always wanted to try my hand at autocrossing but I've always made up excuses like I don't have any friends that do it and was afraid of going out there by myself and embarassing myself by sucking horribly at it haha. Figured it was time to finally break down and give it a try since it was the last event for the year.

Well I got lucky, took 1st place in my class by over 2 seconds woo woo!

Now I'm kicking myself wondering why I didn't do this many years ago. I do trackdays on my sportbike so I knew this would more then likely be fun in the car but didn't think I would have as much fun as I did. If you've ever thought about doing it but haven't yet, do it! Everybody was nice as could be and very welcoming.

I got a few videos (below is one of each course), please excuse the shotty driving I know I have got a lot of work that I need to do and made a ton of mistakes. Which is why I got video so I can look back and see what and where I can fix.

If you're really bored I got 6 videos, 3 for the morning course and 3 for the afternoon.

One of the pro instructors took a spin with me in this one, very nice guy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nhan
nice videos. i've been thinking about trying autocross. i guess i wait til spring time and look up some events around here.
NhanSense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Good stuff! Wonder if the viewing angle wouldn't be much better with a camera mounted in the middle instead of to the left?
civicforall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Barry
Try placing the camera in different mounting spots, especially on your blind side i.e. passenger side facing forward. You might even trying one facing to the rear to catch your exit and positioning near cones through the slaloms or boxes. I am going into my third year now and loving it. One thing I picked up from AutoX school this past season was hand positioning on the wheel... 9 and 3 and keep them there if you can. Little awkward at first, but definitely beneficial in the sweepers where I had some my worst problems in my first season. Now I can look ahead and worry less about what is straight and not straight. If my hands are across from each left and right... I am straight. Obviously, sometimes you will have to move them, but I find that not to be as often as you might think.
bsc70808cc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rosco
Nice job,i wanna take a stab at it myself. You have any mods? Like suspension or brake wise? I was thinking lower it, camber kit, upgraded rotors and pads, and then hit the course....maybe this summer.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Darknesss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.