8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

New K20z3 NA record!!!!

39K views 180 replies 47 participants last post by  JO TECH 
#1 · (Edited)
*New dyno day vid following day after track 11-28-2011
*New in car view video uploaded 11-22-2011
So i finally made it down to the dragstrip to make some passes on my new setup. Keep in mind this is a true DD car with tested durability seeing as i drove this car from from ventura county Socal to fremont Norcal to portland Oregon then back down to norcal then to Sacramento for the drag strip through a rain storm and snow leaving Oregon lol, ill also be going to church auto shortly which is in Socal. i also do not have AC if anyone's wondering.

spec's are as follows.... completely stock block!

engine mods:
Superior Valve Motion SVM 211's
RSP FD2 cylinder head
Ferrea 6000 series valves
OEM combo valve springs
JDM green valve seals
type s oil pump
RDX 410's
RRC intake manifold
2011 TL SH AWD 81mm entry 72mm exit
Hondata IMG
PRC crank pulley
cracked race header
Fullrace 3 inch exhaust
KZ 3.5 inch CAI
Tuned by Vitviper

transmission mods:
5.062 final drive
DC5R 4th and 5th gears
custom shimming by mwahh... :umad:
FD2 flywheel
OEM exedy 100 dollar replacement clutch from amazon

suspension mods:
HFP coupe springs and dampeners
ES RSX compliance bushings (thanks freshsi for the info)

Tires:
enkei RPF1 17's rear Team dynamic 15 inch front with MH slicks 23 1/5

car weight 2580 with driver

car number #1 lol

watch in 720p to see time clearer

some pics of the car

Ku bangin the gears!

dyno day right after track day at church auto

special thanks to:
Vit for the awesome tune, car drives beyond perfect! you tha man!
Ku (Bboy burst) for coming with me and letting use his slicks and his awsome driving of course.
DCH honda for my parts
and everyone else on the forums for the knowledge and support.

See less See more
3 8
#26 ·
alot of custom light weight parts and stripped interior.

Congrats on the great time. Nice meeting you at Church today
yea man i had alot of fun despite being super sleeply from all the driving. lol

Not trying to be a D-bag or anything, i mean u honestly ran insane times which i congratulate u but you had somebody else drive your car?

And the weight was 2500+ lbs, so its stripped..with no A/C and from i remember u posting recently no sunroof...Just trying to get the facts straight lol

your not being a D bag, but i drove the car about 3 times, i could have gone probably just as fast but why beat on the car if my friend who is alot lighter than me and can drive just as good. didn't want to hurt the car too much being 400 miles from home ya know.

#21 ·
Not trying to be a D-bag or anything, i mean u honestly ran insane times which i congratulate u but you had somebody else drive your car?

And the weight was 2500+ lbs, so its stripped..with no A/C and from i remember u posting recently no sunroof...Just trying to get the facts straight lol

#23 ·
So what if its light, he still broke the record, theres no rule saying that you have to run
full weight. I met this guy today at church and he is very cool and has nothing to hide.
Some people hate because they expect us to be "form over function". Guess what bro,
some people actually care about performance as well. If going faster means sacrificing
a little , so be it. He would rather be fast than look fast. Its what he's in to not flush rims, stickers, and wanabe's who buy the stuff just to say they have it.

#38 ·
:yeahthat: thanks man!

271/183

So subtract 7% or so for whp and you get 252 whp and 170 wtq.

NOT BAD AT ALL. That's some epic numbers :D
its because of my epic tune :)

Wow bro congrats. I'm actually very interested in how you got your car to weigh that much? Seems like you shaved 400 pounds thats no easy feat. What exactly did you remove/replace etc..
more like 500 actually. theres to much to list. alot of carbon fiber was used as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.