8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

First time at the track!

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  stallion07 
#1 · (Edited)
3 Days before I leave for college so I figured I'd push my car for once. Been dying to run at Raceway park, but every time they have an event I can run at, it either gets rained out or cancelled.

14.897 @95.03
:Intake, exhaust, header, cobb accessport, tbs
Wasn't really expecting too much since it was my first time at the track, but looking to improve for the future!

IMG_9580 by Jeffthecrowna, on Flickr

Any feedback is greatly appreciated :wavey:

See less See more
1 1
#7 ·
ughhhh i suck at driving. i did 15.6 @92 and i have all the bolt ons in the world besides cams..:facepalm:

Great times though!

EDIT: how did u not spin as much...did u set your pressures?

Thanks man! I set the front two tires to around 25 PSI, the run before I ran a 15.0 and that was without lowering pressure so it helps a bit.

not bad for first time Jeff a couple more times at the track and you will get around 14.4,you did real good with the quick shift:vtec:
Thanks man, im aiming for 14.4 when i come back from college.

Vtak hit so hard your cobb accessport fell off:rotfl: Anyways those r decent first time runs. Try to get your 60ft time under 2.3 and run 4th to limiter, don't shift to fifth.
Wheelhop hit hard not vtec, stupid cobb fell off :facepalm:
How would i work on 60 ft time, just the launch? should i slip the clutch even more, how do I avoid that bad wheel hop?

#22 ·
thanks man, ya i was powershifting every gear.
does the short shifter make it easier to powershift?[/QUOTE]

not easier per say getting into gear, but it does get you into gear faster since its such a shorter throw. and with the omni it shortens the clutch pedal travel so the combination of the omni and ss make it so much faster to get into gear, but overall easiness, no more than the stock shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.