8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

iJDMTOY Super Bright LEDs!

117K views 728 replies 191 participants last post by  xHVGx 
#1 · (Edited)

Allow us to introduce ourselves, we are iJDMTOY and we were founded in 2004 in Los Angeles, CA. We carry a wide selection of LED replacement bulbs for the 2006+ Honda Civic and many other vehicles. We also carry HID conversion kits, replacement HID bulbs, LED strips, LED fog lights, LED daytime running lights and much more!

We hope to provide this community with the best and brightest LEDs that we carry. :wavey:

My name is Thura and I represent iJDMTOY so if you guys have any questions regarding our lights or any questions in general, feel free to PM me.

iJDMTOY 3 PC Direct Fit LED Panel Package for 2006-2011 Honda Civic

This package includes:

2 x 24-SMD Direct Fit LED Panels for the front map lights
1 x 60-SMD Direct Fit LED Panels for the rear dome light

This kit is available in either Xenon White or Ultra Blue

This panel package is probably the brightest light package available for the interior for our cars at the moment. Some have compared it to it being "day time inside the car at night" and it's very true, you can definitely ask the people who have them installed in their cars.

iJDMTOY 3 Light SMD LED Package for 2006-2011 Honda Civic

This package includes:

2 x 6-SMD D31 LED Bulbs for the front map lights
1 x 6-SMD D31 LED bulb for the rear dome light

You can add the license plate lights into the package for an additional $12.99 more, this option is available in the link above.

This is a great upgrade for anybody who wants brighter lights for their vehicle, but something not too blinding. I personally use these in my car and they are perfect.

AVAILABLE IN:

Xenon White

Ultra Blue

Brilliant Red

IMO, here is my view on brightness between the 3 colors.

Xenon White > Ultra Blue > Brilliant Red

Due to the color, Red will be the dimmest and White will be the brightest when comparing the 3.

Or if you want the individual LEDs...

iJDMTOY 5-SMD T10 LED Bulb

FEATURES:
  • 360 degrees of light coverage
  • 5 pieces of super bright SMD LED chips
  • Available in Xenon White, Ultra Blue, or Brilliant Red
  • Plug and Play, no wiring needed at all
  • 90 day warranty
FITMENT:

• 168, 194, 2825, w5w, 921, etc.

Perfect for the license plate and trunk light!

Comparison photo between the 5-SMD T10 LED bulb vs a traditional 168 filament bulb:

iJDMTOY 6-SMD D31 Festoon LED Bulb

FEATURES:

• Available in Xenon White, Ultra Blue, or Brilliant Red
  • 6 pieces of super bright SMD LED chips
  • 90 day warranty
  • Plug and Play, no wiring needed at all

FITMENT:

• DE3175, DE3022, DE3021 etc

Perfect for the front and rear dome lights!

iJDMTOY 9005/HB3 LED Daytime Running Light + Special Decoder Kit

FEATURES:

• No "DRL" light on dash and no flickering issues!
  • Completely plug and play!
  • 68-SMD 1210 LED Chips

This is a great aesthetic upgrade from the boring, dull stock halogen bulbs. This upgrade will give you that Xenon HID look that stands out from the rest of the other cars out there.

This decoder kit will also fit the 2006+ Honda Accord, 2011+ Honda CRZ, 2009+ Acura TSX/TL, and much more.

Click here for ***INSTALLATION DIY GUIDE***

iJDMTOY 5W High Power Reverse Lights for 2006-2011 Honda Civic SEDAN

These reverse bulbs are one of the brightest available for the the FA5's that we carry, the LED chip is manufactured by CREE Electronics and has an output of 5W.

Comparison between a generic LED bulb vs the 5W HP reverse bulb:

*SAMPLE PICTURE* The housing is actually silver, but our first pictures were with the sample LED which was teal.

iJDMTOY 2.5W High Power T15 LED Reverse Lights for 2006-2011 Honda Civic COUPE

For you FG2 owners, I didn't forget about you guys just yet. These are smaller than the 7440 bulbs so the wattage is not as high, but these are still definitely very bright at 2.5W. The LED is also made by CREE Electronics.

Other sizes available as well ! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions !

:woowoo:

See less See more
#323 ·
Thanks. I'm still not convinced on the brightness though. A friend of mine just installed a direct fit kit into his Lexus CT200h which is entirely composed of 5050 SMD LED's and it is the brightest interior I have ever seen.

From your pictures, it doesn't look like these 1210 SMD's are as bright.

#328 ·
Get rid of the generic yellow DRL color and replace it with 6000K Xenon White LED bulbs!

iJDMTOY 68-SMD 9005 LED DRL Kit
9005 LED Bulbs | Acura TSX TL Honda Civic Accord Daytime Running Light

Installation is very simple, it is available in the link above (make sure you mount the resistors onto a metal surface as they do get hot when used).

This upgrade is not recommended if you use your high beams often.

#331 ·
Can't find things inside the car at night due to the poor lighting from other brand LEDs or the stock incandescent lights? We got you covered:

iJDMTOY 3 PC 108-SMD Direct Fit LED Panel Package
2006-12 Honda Civic 108-Lights Direct Fit LED Interior Lights Package

These 3 pieces will replace the front map and rear dome lights. These are available in both Xenon White 6000K and Ultra Blue 20,000K!

Pictures do not do these lights justice at all, they will literally turn night into day inside the car. :)

#332 ·
#335 ·
For the tail lights, I just recommend keeping them stock. I put LEDs in my taillights out of curiosity and it did not make much of a difference. If anything, it turned the color of the light a pinkish/orange color than red (was using our Xenon White LEDs too)

LED tail lights built from factory uses LED bulbs that are projected toward the rear of the vehicle. Our stock tail light housings use a reflector housing to spread the light from one fixed source.

Just got a set for my license plate, more than happy with my purchase... they're real bright and look great.
:woowoo: Glad that you like them! :dance:

#338 ·
What color, Ultra Blue and Xenon White?

We have Xenon White in this picture on my car:

If you want, PM me your email address and I'll have a picture of both Ultra Blue and Xenon White installed in each housing to show the difference. I'll get you a picture during night time so you get an idea of how bright they are.

Of I get the regular load resistors that u splice in, will they be fine with the led drls?
We haven't tried that before, but it may work. The harness setup uses one side to draw power for the DRLs so that may be the difference in if it works or not. But then again, we haven't tried just the load resistors.

#348 ·
The 120-SMD light is what I personally run on my own car, it is a brighter and "whiter" version of the 68-SMD and 96-SMD bulbs we have. Just PM me with the lights you want to get and I'll get you a quote. We disabled our coupon codes for the new year.

I just received the 5W LED reverse lights for my 2011 civic sedan. The way the socket fits into the tail the LED is pointed down and loses a lot of light. So I had to remove it from the socket and use zip ties to tie it into place and use folded business cards as shims to point it in the correct position. If you guys are able to make a new version so that the LED is pointed up in a 45 degree angle that would be a much better solution.
The stock bulb socket is angled downward a bit to illuminate the ground when reversing. If you take out your stock bulb, you'll see the socket portion is angled downwards.

8THGEN coupon no working, is there a new one or a fix?

Interested in the switchback turn signals for sedan.
PM'd you.

I've read that its almost impossible to see the yellow when turning because of the white been too bright. is it true?
This was an issue with the Bi-Color 57-SMD LED Turn Signal Bulbs, but this is not the case with the 60-SMD Switchbacks .

I believe that our manufacturer took care of these problems as we have not seen that problem for a while now.

#343 ·
I just received the 5W LED reverse lights for my 2011 civic sedan. The way the socket fits into the tail the LED is pointed down and loses a lot of light. So I had to remove it from the socket and use zip ties to tie it into place and use folded business cards as shims to point it in the correct position. If you guys are able to make a new version so that the LED is pointed up in a 45 degree angle that would be a much better solution.

#350 ·
60-SMD Switchback 3157 LED Turn Signal Bulbs, COUPE
3157 3057 4157 Dual Color Switchback LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Light

and

60-SMD Switchback 1157 LED Turn Signal Bulbs, SEDAN
1157 2357 7528 Dual Color Switchback LED Bulbs For Turn Signal Lights

This is a must have for those with clear turn signal housings. Without the amber lens in there, you can definitely see the Xenon White showing when the parking lights are on. When you use your turn signals, the white turns off and the light blinks Amber.

Keep in mind that you will also need to get load resistors if you want to get rid of the "hyper-flashing" issue related to LED bulbs. This is not damaging to the vehicle, but it is certainly annoying so we highly recommend getting it. They're available in the links above. :thumbsup:

HAPPY FRIDAY!

#352 ·
That's not right.. "Hyper-flashing" is an issue related to turn signals only, unless you're labeling "flickering" as that.

Our cars should not require any error free/resistor built LED bulbs inside the vehicle. I have not encountered an issue like that before with our panel package so I don't think you should have a problem.

#353 ·
Just a reminder again guys, the "8THGEN" coupon code is no longer valid. It was a temporary introductory coupon code we used for this forum. We are still providing discounts for 8thcivic members though, you just have to PM me for more info.

Also, since the beginning of the week is typically very busy at the office, I don't have time to check the forums. You can reach me faster at info@ijdmtoy.com and put "ATTN: THURA" in the subject line and I'll get back to you within 24 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.