8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

DIY: How to paint and dress up your INTAKE COVER PROPERLY

50K views 114 replies 95 participants last post by  muttrio 
#1 ·
OK no draggons but but it is super terifico...

the first thing that i tried to do is the i-VTEC plate thats going to replace the current one, well sand blasting didnt work so instead i tried scuffing the stainless plate and it worked Awsome

so this is where i started out, intake cover.

well the sticker isnt going to be saved..., insidently i used this picture(photoshoped) to create my stencle since its the best pictire of the i-VTEC logo i found

No sticker(its mangaled)

Scuffed up, noticed some small gouges...

so i sprayed it with hi-build-primer

then i realided that i should be wearing a differnt shirt to be sanding and spraying, nice shirt though, right...

got it all sanded and level.

then i looked for my clear... i know i have it here somewhere...., and i didnt do i had to go buy some. my habbi red is in the Por-form can on the top-left

THIS STUFF COVERS AWSOME!!! this is the first coat... ONLY ONE MANN AND ITS ALL COVERED!!!

second coat for good mesure...10 min later...

1st clear

2nd clear

3rd clear

and done...YES thats a bag on my hand under the glove, I was holding it by the nub on the under-side of the cover so that i could manipulate it.

now that thats all dont with.... i moved on to the veetak plate... and i was actuly going to make it say VEETAK lol.

this is the screw up where the sand blew right through the masking tape.(1-2 hours of prep down the drain!)(rough cut with a bad band saw)

so i needed a new piece... i chose the jig saw after i remembered that i bought one 5 yearsago, duh...

oh and yes its 11:00pm...

so i printed out a new sticker and cut it out.

at first i was trying out a old circut printing trick useing a iron and a reversed image trying to get the toaner to transfer, well it didnt want to transfer to the tape it was too waxy....

here it is all cut out Scuffed and pealed, i used a maroon scuff pad to fet the right look.

See less See more
Reactions: sgtpruitt
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.