I bought some goods from a fellow 8th - Page 2 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
8thCivic.com

Go Back   8th Generation Honda Civic Forum > Site Stuff > 8thcivic.com Site Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Tyler
alright, Just can't believe how some people do business nowadays. Live and learn lesson here
LikeaSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 04:44 AM   #22 (permalink)

Yea Buddy
Sorry to hear this man...for future reference, when purchasing parts online always use Paypal. Its solid proof payment was made. If you send the money as a gift or for services there arnt any fees taken out of your payment. Plus if anything goes wrong you can always open a claim and 99% of the time youll get fully refunded and may or may not have to send the parts back.
Heckler88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

george
Always use paypal homie haha
georgeSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

your lucky you got ne thing in the mail at all ... i have seen aloooooot worse happen to people .

sorry and good luck ..........

the good thing about all these crocked online deals is that it is going to help out the local shops !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by hotrodjag1; 02-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.
hotrodjag1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Michael-R18 Crew Member #428
Lesson to learn from here..Don't buy Used item to anyone that you really dont know or buy something that you can pick up and see item quickly..or last save your money for a Brand new one..
pilomyco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Tyler
^ that is what i learned, just save for new and know your getting the product in new condition and from a trusted dealer, such as the vendors on this site that have a good rep. The price difference isn't worth it sometimes, especially in this case.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
VIP Member

David
I don't understand...why would you send him money when the items weren't even off the car yet?

That was not a smart decision on your part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin1636 View Post
Lmfao I know... I could have got them but got retros lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreeSi View Post
At least you will be able to see what you slamming into at night.
Rockawearbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #28 (permalink)

Buy a plane ticket and give him a New Athens a$$ whoopin!!!!! gl.
vtecpowerc5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

you live and you learn
CheenoFly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #30 (permalink)

Rich
RitcheyRch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Matt - R18 Crew #2,000
Rattling bro... now I'm scared to buy stuff on here
MyNamesMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #32 (permalink)

ScriptedAce.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilomyco View Post
Lesson to learn from here..Don't buy Used item to anyone that you really dont know or buy something that you can pick up and see item quickly..or last save your money for a Brand new one..
Easy there.....I have bought over 20 things from guys on 8th that I have never met and every transaction has been perfect...

Dont jump to conclusions like that over one bad sale. In all honesty take this as a lesson and never simply send money to someone with no way of protecting yourself....the fact the guy even sent you parts suprises me, he could have just taken your money and walked.

No offense to the buyer, but simply because you made a poor choice does not mean that the 8th community as a whole is a bad place to buy and sell. In the future if someone asks you to pay the paypal fee as well or send as a gift simply remind them of site rules. If they are really interested in selling it then they will cover the fees like they should (really it's only 3%). IF they refuse then don't buy from them. simple as that. There are no parts that rare that won't show up again in a few weeks on this site. I have backed away from a few deals because of this only to have the parts re-appear from another seller.

Last edited by Evillager; 02-08-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Evillager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #33 (permalink)

Special.K
bro, i would keep the kidd racing header it flows about the same as the skunk2 if not better.
killin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillager View Post
Easy there.....I have bought over 20 things from guys on 8th that I have never met and every transaction has been perfect...

Dont jump to conclusions like that over one bad sale. In all honesty take this as a lesson and never simply send money to someone with no way of protecting yourself....the fact the guy even sent you parts suprises me, he could have just taken your money and walked.

No offense to the buyer, but simply because you made a poor choice does not mean that the 8th community as a whole is a bad place to buy and sell. In the future if someone asks you to pay the paypal fee as well or send as a gift simply remind them of site rules. If they are really interested in selling it then they will cover the fees like they should (really it's only 3%). IF they refuse then don't buy from them. simple as that. There are no parts that rare that won't show up again in a few weeks on this site. I have backed away from a few deals because of this only to have the parts re-appear from another seller.
look at my iTrader, 100% feedback on 60+ items sold.

just need to be smart for every transaction.

follow site rules and use your head as well and you will be safe guarded from thieves and schemers
Strate L O S S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Tyler
I know I have made some mistakes in this trade, I did look at his Itrader and he has 100% feedback as well and I've seen him trying to sell other bigger items such as a k20 swap so I trusted him. This is not a bad place to buy/sell items by no means, like many people said read the rules and if something isn't right and the buyer won't work with you then you are better to move on and look else where.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #36 (permalink)

Dan
Get your money back and take the loss on shipping back.

You overpaid anyways...
blknytro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #37 (permalink)

Jeremy
Make sure you give him negative or neutral feedback(however you feel), to warn others on the site. Is that picture in his thread of the header one you saw before sending money? Because it is a dead giveaway that it isn't a buddy club header with it having those slip joints or whatever they are called. Get out of this transaction with as little damage as possible and learn from it.
jsocks014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #38 (permalink)

Tyler
Buddy club has slip joints from what I have seen. I shipped back everything and will leave feedback after everything is completed to be fair. I'm sure I'll be out the cost of shipping it back. I deffinently learned a lesson here, if he would have been honest and made everything right from the start it'd been ok.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
VIP Member

c p
Kid needs to have his legs broken with an axe handle... stinks when you can't trust someone to just do what they say their gonna do. I have sold numerous items on iwsti and clubwrx and I can't see doing that to someone

Last edited by cpraetsch; 02-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.
cpraetsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
VIP Member

c p
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeaSI View Post
Just recently I purchased a full exhaust system from a fellow member on here from the FS section. It consisted of a header and skunk2 exhaust. I was told the items were both in good shape and were still on the car. I took his word and sent him the money on a price we both agreed on. I waited for him to take it off the car and ship it which took 2-3 weeks for it to be in my pocession. I opened the box and unwrapped everything to make sure It was there and found that the header was not the header he had said it was. It was said to be a buddy club when it was actually kid racing, about 200 difference used. I told him and we went back and forth, as I was not happy about the condition of the exhaust because there were a lot of dent in it and the tip was dented and scratched. There was also large dent on a section of the pipe that was heated up and beat out. I was not told about any of this. So he said he would either refund me $100 which I think is not good enough beings the price difference in the header. Or he said ship it all back and he would refund me 830. I gave him 870 shipped. Shouldn't he refund all the money and pay for return shipping cause it was his fault? Thanks for reading this giant story and posting ideas.

What is the sellers screen name?
cpraetsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.