8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Just picked up a new 2010 WRX sedan on lease

5K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  cpraetsch 
#1 ·
They were leasing these at $1500 down at $279 a mo. plus fees. Going to keep the 2008 Si which will become my primary car, and the WRX will be the wife's. Going up for sale will be our beloved 2000 Honda Insight. Now comes the long/tedious process of trying to figure out which mods work for the WRX and at what cost. May just stick with an intake for the time being.

It feels quite nice with the extra 68hp/100 lb ft of torque over the Si. Should be fun!

#3 ·
Sedan was the one on lease special. And I already knew that the 2011's were getting updated more aggressive styling with wider track/rims/tires. I know the 2011 will look awesome, but the cops won't be as fooled. The 2011 is carrying over the same engine from the 2009-2010 version.

#13 · (Edited)
You need to research subis and tuning of subis before making such false statments. WRX's/Stis do not respond well at all to an intake unless it is tuned specifically for said intake. My 09 WRX ran like crap with my CAI untill i got tuned on a dyno by a professional. Also new WRXs/Stis support up to 400 whp on the stock intake with out a problem. They are very well designed.

Just because its a turbo car doesnt meand that it gains 30 hp majically.

However, an intake is considered a must on turbo cars just to hear the majical sounds of the turbo spool stock bypass valve.

#7 ·
Yeah, Part of me is thinking that if I dig the WRX and if it's fast enough to satisfy my speed fix, I can sell my 2008 Kawasaki ZX-10R. That's paid for, but I barely get to ride it with the wife and kids. About every other week for an hour or so. I suppose if the wife allowed me to drop $1-2K on the new subie for mods, I'd prob off the bike? Not sure.

#14 · (Edited)
actually an intake is one of the last mods you want to do on a wrx. you should just get the spt exhaust and call it a day. if you want the best bang for the buck then get an accessport for it.
YUP! DONT do just an intake! Downpipe and tune are the best bang for the buck mods! With just a downpipe and stage 1 tune I made an extra 50whp and 80 lb ft of wtq in my 06 sti. Honestly a downpipe/full turboback exhaust and tune is the BEST way to go. Any questions feel free to pm me, i have done a lot of work to my sti including upgraded turbo/intercooler/complete fuel/intake system and much much more

#32 ·
Im looking to grab up a 11+ WRX too, but I'm not gonna make the mistake of paying way over MSRP like I did with my civic when they first came out, not to mention not getting the color I wanted, the tranny I wanted, or the trim I wanted.

MUST WAIT LONGER THIS TIME. :mad:

#40 ·
Whats the best and biggest top mount out there? would an STI intercooler fit?

#44 · (Edited)
How much I envy you guys !!!
You have different ways to get great cars in more accessible prices.

People laugh at me when I say that in Puerto Rico cars are expensive.

Yesterday I was checking some cars that will replace my past FG2.

I check out a SI Sedan, Lancer Rallyart and WRX Sedan.

Everytime I ask for the price I felt insulted and run away from the dealer.

For example the Si Sedan Base the only one that comes to here cost a whopping 29,995.
The WRX Sedan Base 34K and the one with the premium package 36K.
The Lancer RallyArt 36K and the one that they bring here is without the recaro seats. Its the most basic one, I felt like I was in a Lancer DE.

I think I will go with another SI with one year of usage, this will save a few K's.

Here sucks pretty bad owning a new car and you can't do anything for the price, if you want it you must pay for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.