8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

COBB accessPORT on CTSC si

13K views 77 replies 32 participants last post by  Dan0974 
#1 · (Edited)
#42 ·
Where is cobb? Whats the point right now of getting the package on corsport where you get the discount if there is no maps? I really want to see how much power cobb is gonna make before I go ahead and get the superchager....

#50 ·
I know all that. But thanks guys I was just wondering if Cobb made a basemap? Then I can decide off the two base maps which tunning tool I guess I can say what I want to use but honestly I just love the ap! But hondata has been tunning our cars for years and have alot of experence

#52 · (Edited)
What do you 'love' about the AP? Is it the aesthetics and pretty LCD screen? Because IMO thats not the right reason to choose a tuning product. You should be choosing the one that has the most tuning features to suite your needs. For tuning a SC'd Si at this time, there is no reason to go with Cobb over Hondata (unless youre really hell-bent on the pretty LCD... hence my original comment)

Currently the AP does not offer MAP based tuning where the FP does. However, I believe that Cobb said they are working on that.

Yes, Hondata has been tuning Hondas forever.... but Cobb isnt exactly 'new' to tuning. Theyve been tuning other platforms for quite a while and have built quite the reputation for themselves.

Im not here to try and push you towards one or the other... but just trying to help you make your decision and I cant quite figure out what your ultimate goal is...

the difference between a FP basemap and a FP basemap will maybe be a couple ponies. youre talking basemaps that are made as a one-size fits all kind of thing. More power can be made with custom tuning, but at that juncture, the amount of power you make is based on the actual tune and not the product you use to tune.

#57 ·
I just sent them a link to this thread on their visor message post on this site hopefully they will get back to us. I just want to know how much hp they are making with the superchager either stages but stage 2 would be great so I can finally make my decision. Im leading towards Hondata at this point I still got time but because I dont have a PC I wont be able to flash wherever I want!

#58 ·
A hondata reflash should put you over 300 with the ct stage 2. I would expect the cobb to meet or exceed that. I am a cobb owner and like you am not very happy with the lack of a sc base map but at the same time the ability to monitor with cobb is a deff plus. Since you dont have a laptop I would deff suggest the cobb.

#59 ·
I know...It just sucks because the youtube video has been up sine may and its now june with no word on whats going on with it. Once I hear the what the base map is making ill make my final decison. And yes I would love to go cobb over hondata which sounds weird but simply the fact I dont have a windows computer

#64 ·
Dizzle0420,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Lot's of stuff going on right now.

We are currently working on the development of the software to tune for forced induction applications. The CTSC map will be the first FI OTS map we release. We will post on 8thCivic with the good news when it is ready.

Thanks!

Gary

#65 ·
This is what I have been waiting for!! I understand you guys are busy but that means good things! Do you have ETA on the maps yet or you are still on the earlier stages of tuning? Will there be maps for both stage 1 and stage 2? I hope it comes with LC! This is great news for the Supercharged Si's out there and the soon to be! Thanks again! Hopefully you could answer those other questions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.