8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Stance Coilovers Information

52K views 130 replies 42 participants last post by  orlis 
#1 · (Edited)
Stance-USA: GR+ Coilovers

Corsport USA - Stance Coilovers

List of Stance Coilover Dealers

:wavey: Hello everyone! I am starting this thread because I am interested in Stance Coilovers. If some of you don't know yet, I had posted a thread earlier this asking to see if anyone on this forum knows much about Stance. As a result, I did not get much feedback.

Next, I had decided to look up some reviews on Stance and discovered that mainly Evos, Subarus, and 240's were consumers of Stance Coilovers. Even though I found no Civics with the Stance, I did strike up many positive reviews on the coilovers from the multiple demographics, which is why I am so currently interested in Stance coilovers. Another reason would be because of the many forums I have come across, a few of them mentioned that Stance has very high quality for it's class of coilovers and Stance's coilovers have been performing great at the track over and over again. I will post up links to the reviews in the latter portion of my post.

After seeing how many people were satisfied with the product, I decided to give Stance a call to see if they would be willing to develop some coils for the 8thgen (they currently do not carry applications for our cars). What Stance told me was that, they are not currently producing coilovers for our cars because there is no demand for it. Well obviously, many people on this forum do not know much about Stance either; so, I have decided to spread some information about Stance in hopes that they will start providing coils for us. So tell me what you all think of these Coils.

Reviews:

Stance coilover review - NASIOC

Stance | Suspension Review - DRIFTING.com

STANCE Coilover Review - evolutionm.net

S13 Stance Coilover Review: Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

Specifications (GR+):

15 way Dampening Adjustable

Adjustable Camber Uppermount

Pillowball Uppermount

Cold Wound Linear Spring

Inverted Monotube Shocks for better heat dissipation

Dustboot

Aluminum Collars & Upper Mounts

Height Adjustable Lower Bracket

*Note (8th Generation Civics):
- Only our front shocks will be inverted due to the McPherson suspension we have.

- Camber plates and Pillowball mounts for the front, so that there is a better transfer of motion and shock

- Rear will have Pillowball bushings instead of rubber bushingsEdit:

Additional Information:

STANCE Coilovers are MADE IN JAPAN!

These are NOT the Bor-Chan (BC Coilovers), which are made in Taiwan. Do not be confused between the two because BC uses the same colors as Stance.

Lineage of the Stance Reputation:

SG Motorsports' S14, Overall Champion 2007 Canadian Touring Car Championship (GT Class)

Relentless Auto/Double Down Motorsports' 350Z in Redline Time Attack
(one of the fastest 350Z's in the country, winner of multiple T.A. events in 2007)

DTMotorsports' Evo VIII 2007 Overall Champion in NASA Time Trials (TT-R Class)

Enjuku Racing's S13.5 2007 Nopi Drift Champion [1,2]

The Team Fins/Origin S13 in D1 Street Legal

For 2009 Stance will be sponsoring TopSpeed for their new Modified RWD car. If you are not familiar with TopSpeed, their Impreza won the overall
Unlimited AWD title for Redline Time Attack 2008 and narrowly lost the
overall championship by 1 point! :SHOCKED:

:readtherules: So please do not confuse them with the many similarly priced competitors. They have no intention of competing with them in terms of performance. For Stance has their sights set on the big dogs like JRZ, KW and Ohlins. :cheerleader: Their products are continually being tested on racetracks all over the world so that they may be improved upon and made available to the many customers have and will continue to have in the future. :laughing:

My Personal Review:

Upon Recieving these coilovers, they REALLY are solidly built. Craftsmanship is excellent. I could drool all day over the coils. :D Here are some pictures.

My personal experience of riding with these coils.. I currently have my dampening setting at 4 in front and 6 in rear. This has been the perfect set up for daily driving in my opinion. I am aware that two other members on this board also are riding on these coils and have consulted with him/her. Both of us feel that these coils feel comfortable for daily driving. These coilovers are obviously stiffer than stock, but I did not notice a significant change, but then again, that's only how I feel when I don't think about ride comfort. I have taken these coils up the mountains a few times and they feel pretty solid to me. I have gained confidence when I drive through the windy roads of GMR. My friends do drive behind me say that I have virtually no body roll on the roads and tell me that I look like I just zip through a lane change. LoL. I really do recommend these coils to anyone.

Also, the customer service at STANCE-USA is superb! The people there are more than willing to help you out on whatever issues that may arise. My clicker on the bottom broke and they sent me out a new one 3 times!!! USPS had lost one clicker and lagged two months on the other (I later found out). I have yet to really tamper with my suspension, but I feel that this is already really nice for me. Why fix something if it isn't broken? Well in my case, why change something if nothing is wrong with it? :D Hope this helps. Those who are making a decision between coilovers.

Keep in mind that these coilovers ARE made in Japan and are shipped over here according to make. My friend who ordered his coils for the miata had to wait an extra month because there was a large shipment of s13 coils coming in first. So, don't be surprised if you can't get a set right away from Stance, I would try contacting some of the dealers on the dealers list.

See less See more
#7 ·
no way, another stance thread got locked AGAIN?! what the hell is up with the mods.. we are trying to expand the aftermarket of our damn civics and they won't help? mods seriously need to get that stick out of their ass..

#8 ·
LoL. They were nice enough to let me post all this information to share with the community. Even though we can't get a group of people to buy, this info might push people to calling Stance themselves so that we can have Stance see that there is another market. then Voila! a new product for us! AHAHA.

I just really want to see how many people on this forum are even interested in another coilover.

#13 ·
I've contacted Stance. I'd like to see a list of names of ppl who are interested so please post up your names if interested. I'm going to assume the coilovers will be in the same ballpark price as the RSX coilovers so figure around $1200-$1250 or so final price shipped to your door.

#18 ·
lol, i dont mean to sound like a **** but theres no way stance will EVER be able to compete with the likes of companies such as jrz, moton, penske, ohlins, koni, sachs, bilstein, aragosta and maybe kw.. the best japanese suspension cant even compare to dutch or german stuff, although primarily dutch since the best suspensions all pretty much come from the netherlands. if you see, most of the top jdm tuner shops dont even run dampers from their own country, its usually either ohlins, bilstein, sachs, aragosta etc... although i do have to agree that the best springs in the world come from japan, and those are swift springs.

#20 ·
Stance isn't Japanese, pretty sure it's American. Motons are like $5-7,000. Ohlins and Sachs are also high-end, and would be overkill imo unless you're tracking the car.

I'm not familiar with Stance at all, but from what I've read they're very beefy, and take punishment quite well. They're apparently used by drifters, and are more reliable than some prone-to-breaking suspension brands (like JIC Magics, for one). It seems like a relatively new company, so not hearing much about them isn't surprising.

A shock dyno would be nice, though.

#19 ·
Well, I'm interested in stance because it's an AFFORDABLE product and of QUALITY. the Companies you have mentioned are of incredible quality, but they also come with a hefty price tag. And Stance is a company that is striving to become a great company someday. there is no way a company can just be born superior to any other.

and.. aren't Aragostas Japanese? (I'm not sure)

#25 ·
yeah.. I remember someone posting one before but getting closed.

I posted one before too and it got closed as well. However, I was able to talk with the mods who were very nice enough to meet me on middle ground and allow me to post strictly information about Stance.

Now we have the ball rolling. :woowoo: Without violating site rules. :thumb:

#26 ·
Looks good. Ill consider anything not made by BC or derivitive of. However, if they dont get off their ass and begin development, they wont have a chance (with me at least). Im looking at good quality track coils by early next year. By which PIC will be realeasing theirs and redshift has the koni package. 2 very good options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.