8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Retrofit Question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LK2ThaBK 
#1 ·
When I first got my car I had no idea about retrofitting and just bought 6000k HIDs. I was wondering if there are any projectors and retrofit options that will allow me to use my HIDs. As far as retrofitting my knowledge of the options out there are very limited.

#2 ·
There are a ton of projectors available to choose from, just gotta decide which you want. Most common I've seen are the TL, RX330, FX35, E55, S2000 and TSX. They're all essentially the same, some prefer one or the other for different reasons though (ie clarity, colour, cutoff, price, etc).

From there you're looking at choosing a shroud to go around the projector since you already have the bulbs (and ballast I assume?), mostly for looks; and to decide whether or not you're going to do the fit yourself or send it out/buy a premise retro.

Check out customlightz.com lots of explanation of everthing on their site, even some vids on how to do the retro yourself, same with colour mods, dual vs quad setup and so on. Should help ya get started.

#3 ·
for retrofitting you cant use your 9006 bulbs because most of the projectors uses d2s bulbs and you can also reuse the ballast you have but you need to buy a converter for the output because d2s is a different style of bulb mostly use for our civics are the mini h1 (which is just a plug and play retrofit from The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications) RX-AFS, TSX, S2000 and FX-R(35,45)

I myself is planning to do my own retrofit using s2000 and mini H1 to have 4 projectors fitted onto my headlights :D

#4 ·
In most cases, most projectors don't take 9006 bulbs. Rx330's, S2000, TSX, etc. take D2S. Mini H1's take H1 bulbs hence the name. You can reuse your ballasts you have, you'd just need different bulbs if you use Mini H1's. If you use a D2S projector, you'll need a d2s adapter as well as a d2s bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.