8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

License plates after buying new/used car

23K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  96teggy088 
#1 ·
How long on average did it take you guys to receive your plates from the dealer after buying your civic?

I bought my certified 09 Si 3 weeks ago from honda...when i was buying the car they told me i would receive my plates in the mail within two weeks...

Still haven't got em and its been 3 weeks.

My temp tag runs out after a month and they said I prob won't get them till next week.

I just don't want my temp tag to run out without me getting my freakin plates!!!

Any input??????????

#2 ·
Sometimes it can take a while. Just keep in touch with them and see what they say. Once it gets closer to the temp tag running out call them and tell them about it. They should be able to send/give you a new one.

I always try to do the tags on my own because of the time issues.

I went through an ordeal with a the title on my new car being lost in the mail because the "helper" mailed it regular mail instead of fedex. The dealership gave me a new 30 day tag an notified me of what was going on.

#5 ·
Sometimes it just takes awhile... if the plates arnt there by time the temp plates expire, they should renew temp plates for you...

either way, something similar had happened to me.. but i called a few days after thir time period was up.. apprently, they had told me id recive them in the mail, but what they meant, was they would recive them in the mail, and then id have to go pick them up and could have them install them...

#8 ·
Ok so the dealer called me lastnight. My plates are in.

She told me I NEED TO GO DOWN AND SIGN FOR THEM!!!!!

I said no, the car salesman told me to my face that he would ship them to my doorstep.

They said whats his name? I told them his name and i said i need them shipped.

They said fine well ship them tomorrow.

So that solves that....well see when i get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.