8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Does anyone name their cars?

193K views 1K replies 859 participants last post by  wolfiezsnb 
#1 ·
Anybody else have female or male names for their cars? I take care of my cars like I take care of the women in my life and I like to have names for them because I feel a personal attachment and pride for the work I do with them, whether it's a mod here and there or just cleaning and detailing them. My Legend was Gloria, and if I'd gotten the Habanero Si that's available locally, I would've called her Thalia. I still might call the Fiji Thalia. Unless someone comes up with a better name. Just curious if anybody else does this.

Gloria's got a broken leg. :( And she's a little uncoordinated. Once she starts running, she has a hard-time stopping.

#53 ·
My Si's name is "Bruiser, my other man" I call him that because I'm going for a black and blue theme and I spend more time with my car than my husband since he is currently across the country.

My del Sol was Solie, my 'lude was just Lude, my 2 AlfaRomeos were Amadeo and Guiseppe and all the cars I had before them were either "P.O.S. car" or "my little baby" The baby was my truck. Go figure. The most butch car I owned gets the most girlie nickname.

#54 ·
The (now former) Secretary of the Air Force yelled at me in bunch of a front of 4-star generals (and 4,000 other people, at a convention), beginning with "Young Man, you need a civics lesson!". It was sort of traumatic, but since he was Secretary James Roche, I named my car "Jamie" because its my "civic lesson". No, I am not making this up.

#65 ·
Wife named her Accord Ruby. I named my Civic SS ( silver slut )

Ruby is a beautiful Ruby Red and wears her name well.

SS is indeed a Silver Slut. She gives all of herself with the turn of a key.

#66 ·
Sleepy said:
my dad named my car, she is called the blue angel, kinda tacky but i could not break my fathers heart when he said the name, for some reason he thinks i am an angel but he hasn't seen how i really drive...:) and he lives on the other side of canada.

I was thinking of naming it that, seeing it was blue and I'm a Navy brat who used to watch the Blue Angels perform at airshows, but for now, it's just HybridRoninX.